Games & Recreation Pointless Trivia

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kickazz

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm struggling to picture that little drop being able to cover the whole planet. Doesn't look big enough.
The portion of the earth that is "interesting" is a very thin part of the outside. Indeed, the deepest trench in the deepest ocean is less that 100th of the diameter of that blob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GreyCrow

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
The treaty of Saragosa gives us the edge of SA and NT and the line through New Guinea
The brown is Portuguese the Green is Spanish divided by a pope
I had a question on the Phillippines but it is best answered here

Under the treaty, Portugal gained control of all lands and seas west of the line, including all of Asia and its neighbouring islands so far "discovered", leaving Spain with most of the Pacific Ocean. Although the Philippines was not mentioned in the treaty, Spain implicitly relinquished any claim to it because it was well west of the line. Nevertheless, by 1542, King Charles V had decided to colonise the Philippines, assuming that Portugal would not protest too vigorously because the archipelago had no spices. Although he failed in his attempt, King Philip II succeeded in 1565, establishing the initial Spanish trading post at Manila. As his father had expected, there was little opposition from the Portuguese.[13]

Wallaby

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Spaghetti is plural.

One piece of spaghetti is a spaghetto.

A single piece of ravioli is called a raviolo.

Canneloni, panini - you can do the rest. You'll be wrong, though. There's a whole lot of different rules for Italian plurals. Then we applied english usage to them, and confused it even more. And don't even try to understand 'asparagus' (which is Greek anyway).

Drives the grammar freaks nuts.

Hawk Dork

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
Spaghetti is plural.

Canneloni, panini - you can do the rest. You'll be wrong, though. There's a whole lot of different rules for Italian plurals. Then we applied english usage to them, and confused it even more. And don't even try to understand 'asparagus' (which is Greek anyway).

battery

The Dice Man

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Spaghetti is plural.

Is it just me or do 99 percent of words in Italian end in a vowel?

The Dice Man

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
Spaghetti, Canalonni, Pizza, Roma, Venice, Grazi, Prego, Bonjourno, Ariverderci, Alfredo, Gorganzola, Pisa, Almalfi, Mario, Corleone.... I could go on , and I will

Camminare, Mangiare, Alfonso, Bambino, Bella, Bello, Fanculo, Sesso, Strada, Uscita, Vita, Morte, sogni, ti amo

Top Bottom