Mod. Notice Polls are way more flexible now! Try out this test poll for size.

Follow the instructions in this test poll to try out the new features:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
The recent upgrade to Xenforo 1.4 has, among a slew of other features, increased the amount of customisation when creating polls.

The main things added to polls now are:
  • The ability for posters to change their vote after they have voted! A great feature if you change your mind or accidentally clicked the wrong button.
  • The OP can set a maximum number of responses for posters to vote for. For instance, when allowing multiple votes in a poll, you can now 'cap' the number of votes at an arbitrary number (i.e. 2.)
  • A setting that prevents posters from viewing the poll results until after they have voted. This is useful if you want true 'anonymous' voting, so people can't be swayed by prior voting
  • The OP can now add a poll to a thread after they've already created it. Previously this was a function only available to moderators.

Of course, all these features are optional and can be turned on or off at the discretion of the OP. I think it mightn't be a bad idea to decide as a board on which features we will use in comps, so that it creates some consistency. I particularly like the idea of capping votes, which means that people would have to think hard about the two or three they vote for, rather than voting for five or six designs that they like.

I've created a test poll up the top for posters to play around with the functions. Go ahead and follow the instructions in the poll to discover these features.

Back