Polls Thread MkII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonergan is robo poll. Robo Poll + mobile = unknown territory.
It'd have to depend if they ask for the age of the polled person for any poll surely. Landlines skew towards the older (more Coalition leaning) voter, mobiles would the other direction. Newspoll and others doing landline polls seem to have worked out how to weight the figures accordingly based on this, but I'd hazard a mobile only poll is still too new territory to have confidence in any adjustments they make. Over time as the polled versus actual voting figures in various elections allows it to be tweaked I think it'd be a potentially valuable addition to the other polls, but right now I wouldn't put as much weight in it as the older polling types.

They are doing it every hour apparently.

4pm results were Coal 42.5, ALP 33.5, Grn 11.5, Palmer 5, Others 8.

I admit it's pretty hard to see how they get 52-48 from that. Labor cannot get close with a primary of 33.5%.

Palmer voters were in an earlier poll supposedly going 65% to the ALP and KAP 55% to the ALP. 33.5 + 10 from Greens, 3 PUP is 46.5. That's close enough with others.

They are doing it every hour apparently.

4pm results were Coal 42.5, ALP 33.5, Grn 11.5, Palmer 5, Others 8.

I admit it's pretty hard to see how they get 52-48 from that. Labor cannot get close with a primary of 33.5%.

Going by how prefs were distributed in 2010, then Labor 33.5; Greens on 11.5; Palmer and others on 13 pans out to bang on 48.09 TPP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newspoll exit poll predicting a landslide.

Michael Kroger on SkyNews has apparently declared an Abbott victory already.

Also, there is apparently something going on in the football world right now, which I am choosing not to pay attention to........

There's a pretty accurate one from Saturday out atm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back