Prediction Port Adelaide - 2016 AFL Premiers

How will the PAFC win its second AFL premiership this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Paddy took more half a season to fit in properly, even with Lobbe not playing the first 3 games. Paddy also missed 4 games straight between Rds 9-12 inclusive. So as much as I expect Dixon to be an outstanding long term success, I reckon it might take half a season or so before we start getting full value from him.

I can totally see us losing to North Melbourne as we replicate Essendon's 2000 march to the flag.

Sunday 16 May 2004

Port Adelaide 7.6 (48)
North Melbourne 21.14 (140)

Sunday 16 May 2004

Port Adelaide 7.6 (48)
North Melbourne 21.14 (140)
who was missing from the side? Carr busted jaw, Hardwick ankle, Monty crook back, Byron middle of 8 week shoulder injury, Wanganeen crook back Kingsley a knee see http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2004/121320040516.html

That was after we got smacked around in the showdown and lost that as well. So no surprise we lost but the shellacking margin was. Who do we play after the showdown, which we have about a 35% win record in the next game, since the flag or maybe its post 2007?? 6 day break between Rd 2 and 3 and play the bombers at home on Friday night and then the Suns away in Rd 23 which should be a 7 day break.

who was missing from the side? Carr busted jaw, Hardwick ankle, Monty crook back, Byron middle of 8 week shoulder injury, Wanganeen crook back Kingsley a knee see http://afltables.com/afl/stats/games/2004/121320040516.html

That was after we got smacked around in the showdown and lost that as well. So no surprise we lost but the shellacking margin was. Who do we play after the showdown, which we have about a 35% win record in the next game, since the flag or maybe its post 2007?? 6 day break between Rd 2 and 3 and play the bombers at home on Friday night and then the Suns away in Rd 23 which should be a 7 day break.

We were down to about 25 fit players for selection. But that's just the way it is against North. Injury, umpiring, form, fluky weather, you name it. We could be 21-0 and playing them and we'll probably catch a plane to Perth instead of Melbourne and lose on forfeit.

I'm resigned to losing to them no matter how we might be travelling. Forzaport is right.

Salopek was about to be diagnosed with glandular fever, which scuppered his season.

We were down to about 25 fit players for selection. But that's just the way it is against North. Injury, umpiring, form, fluky weather, you name it. We could be 21-0 and playing them and we'll probably catch a plane to Perth instead of Melbourne and lose on forfeit.

I'm resigned to losing to them no matter how we might be travelling. Forzaport is right.
Well we play them in what I call part 2 of a 4 seasons in a season, in July and at Docklands. So their bigger bodies under the roof wont be as big a factor as out doors, but they like to run and gun at Docklands and we have trouble there. If we let that little s**t Brent Harvey off the leash then they might destroy us. If Harvey plays every game then at least we play him 3 games before he breaks Tuck's record and we dont have to deal with that issue.

Being confident and being a cocky loudmouth ****** are two different things. I'm just trying to avoid the latter. **** humble.

Just voicing my discontent at the content. It trending atm. But don't let me spoil your fun, y'all knock yourselves out
I'm OK wth threads like these provided the OPs do the right thing and volunteer for mod duties in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am quietly confident that we will be well deep in September .. however i was loudly confident this year and that didn't really work out for me.

So not going to stop taking the hip flask (medication) to the games just yet. We must stop Hawthorn getting 4 they are ******* unbearable now i can't even

Really keen to see how Dimitri goes and whether he'll be a best 22 lock - I reckon we'll see Ebert levels of improvement from him. Just comparing his smiles from Melbourne days to his Port Adelaide days, he's clearly happier, hopefully it translates to on field performance.

Poll needs a moar smiles option.

The big differences between last year and this year...
1] The draw ... AWESOME!!!!
2] Better depth ... Butcher looks a much more capable Schulz replacement this year. Gray & Ah Chee will be aching for opportunities. Toumpas is going to surprise us - and depress Melbourne supporters!
3] Ryder ... looks to have bedded in and found his role
4] The Dixon and Schulz combo ... looks set to RULE!!
5] A fit Wines & Polec will make our midfield unstoppable

I refuse to compare our 2015 effort with what lays ahead in 2016 .... In hindsight, we had no right to hold such high expectations! This year we do, the players should do, and so should the club. They are far more ready IMO, more mature, and in a MUCH better position than we ever were this time last year!

Cant wait!

Please expand upon the causal connection you see between this thread and our on-field performance in 2016.
Casual connection? If we rewind history to this time last year we were a shoe-in for the 2015 flag. We were belted in a pre season against Richmond which we didn't take seriously, then we took 4 underdone players into round 1. I, as a supporter, felt like the club got a little ahead of ourselves. I just get nervous when I read Port Adelaide- AFL premiers 2016 before the season has even started.

What really matters here is that the PLAYERS don't get ahead of themselves. They copped a massive kick up the bum in 2015, and I'm quietly confident we'll see a completely different Port Adelaide team take the field in 2016.

88 days until the Saints game: bring it on!!!

Back