Prediction Port Adelaide - 2016 AFL Premiers

How will the PAFC win its second AFL premiership this year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks fan told me recently, "4PEAT 4 SURE."

Port Adelaide: the experts in stopping 4peats.....

The ultimate glory would be we win our own back to back, play the crows in the 2nd of them and smash them by 120pts.
my god if that was to happen :D

lol what's wrong with this thread?

Premiership predictions. Even ones made jovially or sarcastically. They're like a PTSD trigger for me. I cringe so hard I nearly disappear within myself.

I understand the intention but I don't like it at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol what's wrong with this thread?
Some people fear it is a curse on our club to want good things.

We should be Primus style humble I guess

Being confident and being a cocky loudmouth w***er are two different things. I'm just trying to avoid the latter. heck humble.

Just voicing my discontent at the content. It trending atm. But don't let me spoil your fun, y'all knock yourselves out

The ultimate glory would be we win our own back to back, play the crows in the 2nd of them and smash them by 120pts.
my god if that was to happen :D
Just as long as there's some way of avoiding grand final week: the media hype in Adelaide would be unprecedented levels of unbearable. Maybe the answer would be to spend the whole week in Melbourne.....

Can we rename this thread? I felt sick just looking at it. I think our pre season post new years will give us an insight into where we stand. Treat it like a joke like 2015 and fail again then we certainly deserve the ridicule that we will receive.

Can we rename this thread? I felt sick just looking at it. I think our pre season post new years will give us an insight into where we stand. Treat it like a joke like 2015 and fail again then we certainly deserve the ridicule that we will receive.

Please expand upon the causal connection you see between this thread and our on-field performance in 2016.

Didn't have my preferred option.

Dixon wins the Coleman, Robbie and Boak tie for brownlow. Talks of Ollie's contract drag on well into the finals. We Finish top 4, win in week one and beat hawthorn by 2 points to make it into the grand final against West Coast. In Grand final week it gets leaked that Ollie has been offered 17 seperate 5 year $5 million dollar contract by all the teams.

It's grand final day, and west coast are getting the better of us, the weagles web is not only proving difficult to get through, it has been mentioned by bruce 83 times in the first quarter. The second quarter is not much better, we go in at the big break down 5 goals, all heads are down, confidence is shot. As Kenny herds the boys in to give them the biggest spray he has ever given, Ollie runs off to his locker and grabs the Port Adelaide contract offer he (with the help of his expert negotiator father) has received. He signs it on the spot, slams it down in front of Ken, and the entire locker room explodes with applause. We go out and kick eleventy goals and win the premiership.

I am 12.

Please expand upon the causal connection you see between this thread and our on-field performance in 2016.

I guess it all depends on your point of view, doesn't it? If you consider yourself separate from the club as a member and a supporter, then nothing you do or say is going to make any difference to their performance or attitude. But if you use words like 'we' instead of 'they' when you speak about Port Adelaide, doesn't it stand to reason that everyone should have the same approach to the season ahead? Would you want the players to start talking about how they were going to win the premiership this year? Last year, it was mentioned by Hinkley and the players that they got ahead of themselves a little bit and started getting away from the things that made Port Adelaide football so great. That came from the weight of expectation and the belief of some players that they had already 'made it'.

It has been widely reported that some players do read this forum. Not to mention that thousands that may lurk on here and never even register, much less post. If you're part of the club, you have an effect...and if the effect is that, after finishing a disappointing 9th in 2015, our supporters or players are disappointed with anything less than a premiership even though the players have quite obviously given their all when there are so many factors that are uncontrollable - injuries, suspensions, the bounce of the ball (St.Kilda vs Collingwood springs to mind) - then I can see why people might have a problem with it.

I guess it all depends on your point of view, doesn't it? If you consider yourself separate from the club as a member and a supporter, then nothing you do or say is going to make any difference to their performance or attitude. But if you use words like 'we' instead of 'they' when you speak about Port Adelaide, doesn't it stand to reason that everyone should have the same approach to the season ahead? Would you want the players to start talking about how they were going to win the premiership this year? Last year, it was mentioned by Hinkley and the players that they got ahead of themselves a little bit and started getting away from the things that made Port Adelaide football so great. That came from the weight of expectation and the belief of some players that they had already 'made it'.

It has been widely reported that some players do read this forum. Not to mention that thousands that may lurk on here and never even register, much less post. If you're part of the club, you have an effect...and if the effect is that, after finishing a disappointing 9th in 2015, our supporters or players are disappointed with anything less than a premiership even though the players have quite obviously given their all when there are so many factors that are uncontrollable - injuries, suspensions, the bounce of the ball (St.Kilda vs Collingwood springs to mind) - then I can see why people might have a problem with it.

I can see the sense in that, but to me the mental strength required to win an AFL premiership more than allows for the ability to divine the difference between living up to expectations and pretending those expectations aren't there, or attempting to remain ignorant of them.

I can see the sense in that, but to me the mental strength required to win an AFL premiership more than allows for the ability to divine the difference between living up to expectations and pretending those expectations aren't there, or attempting to remain ignorant of them.

That's why it depends on your point of view :) I don't have a problem with the thread at all :)

This time last year I expected us to be a lock for top 4 and on reflection we really should have been.

Everything I've seen so far in pre-season suggests that the club has learned the lessons of 2015 and with the addition of Dixon we should be much more potent for season 2016. Really keen to see how Dimitri goes and whether he'll be a best 22 lock - I reckon we'll see Ebert levels of improvement from him. Just comparing his smiles from Melbourne days to his Port Adelaide days, he's clearly happier, hopefully it translates to on field performance.

I can totally see us losing to North Melbourne as we replicate Essendon's 2000 march to the flag.

Back