Discussion Port Adelaide Fans Push To #BringBackTheBars

Remove this Banner Ad

I've emailed the club registering my distaste at the grey clash decision, & requesting a return to the prison bars to boot! I'm sure they will immediately scrap the grey and institute the PB as a result. Off to the on-another-planet thread.
You guys need a Return the Wings -esque thread to kick things off, followed by constant Twitter bombardment of your club (or a key contact within your club). Good luck!

Although I support the use of the jumper for occasional use, I cannot support it being the home jumper. We already have too many clash situations as it is.
White alternate jumpers completely remove a clash between the two teams. Our PB’s have hardly any white so if Collingwood wear white away to the PB’s it’s viewable

This is the exact match up I am talking about and with better cameras nowadays it will only make it clearer. We have seen Port in majority whit agains Collingwoods current home and it is definitely contrast enough.

White alternate jumpers completely remove a clash between the two teams. Our PB’s have hardly any white so if Collingwood wear white away to the PB’s it’s viewable

This is the exact match up I am talking about and with better cameras nowadays it will only make it clearer. We have seen Port in majority whit agains Collingwoods current home and it is definitely contrast enough.

That could work but wouldn't an inverse PB be somewhat sacrilegious to the tradition? Similar to how Essendon must have a red sash at all times.

That could work but wouldn't an inverse PB be somewhat sacrilegious to the tradition? Similar to how Essendon must have a red sash at all times.
Its not written anywhere that we can’t, but I think inverse PBs are ugly. Our best case is our white clash with silver replacing teal.

I don't want to start a war here, but I just don't get it? As much as people try and say it is, they're not the same club. It's like Fremantle trying to claim east or south fremantle as being the same club, and using their jumper design. What's wrong with the power having their own identity?
Are you on meth right now?

I don't want to start a war here, but I just don't get it? As much as people try and say it is, they're not the same club. It's like Fremantle trying to claim east or south fremantle as being the same club, and using their jumper design. What's wrong with the power having their own identity?
042.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I speak on behalf of the entire club that we will not allow the return of the PB's until we have returned the swoop ;)
#ReturnTheSwoopingMagpie

Would love to see a PB vs Swoop match-up for once in my life.

Haha, honestly, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers. Maybe I don't know the full history of it, but surely they are 2 different clubs??
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2010-10-26/one-club-questions-answered
The way I see it, and I was 7 when one club happened so apologies if I’m wrong, Port (est 1870) earned a license to join the AFL and it’s that same club who entered the AFL, albeit under a different moniker and with a different colour added. Does that mean Fitzroy were established in 1975 when they changed from Gorillas to Lions and updated their colours. No. Same goes for Port. (Now for the bit I’m less certain on, so will need confirmation) When this happened PAMFC (est 1996) were created to continue the Magpies brand in the SANFL. They were allowed to have their own zone and under 18 team much like the Norwoods, Glenelgs, etc. What the one club merger did was absorb the Magpies into the continuous Port of old and meant that PAMFC die off and PAFC is one club two teams.

I think I speak on behalf of the entire club that we will not allow the return of the PB's until we have returned the swoop ;)
#ReturnTheSwoopingMagpie

Would love to see a PB vs Swoop match-up for once in my life.
PB v Swoop is almost the same jumper. Hopefully both get returned and we can see what it looks like in AFL Evolution

PB v Swoop is almost the same jumper. Hopefully both get returned and we can see what it looks like in AFL Evolution
I guess you can get the PB in Evolution while playing as Port in the SANFL?
The main difference is that Swoop was just an away jumper for a few years in the early 2000's and the PB's were Port's jumper for almost 100 years :p

I guess you can get the PB in Evolution while playing as Port in the SANFL?
The main difference is that Swoop was just an away jumper for a few years in the early 2000's and the PB's were Port's jumper for almost 100 years :p
Completely forgot about the SANFL being in game, silly me.
I strongly advocate for the return of the swooping magpie, although I can’t see it being very practical, it is still a good looking jumper.

Oh no, you’ve done it now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back