Discussion Port Adelaide Fans Push To #BringBackTheBars

Remove this Banner Ad

Even worse than Melbourne darkening their blue is Carlton going black. Apparently we can call our PB’s navy blue (since Carlton and Geelong clashing is fair game) even if they’re black.

There’s your solution... wear the SANFL jumper but move the black 0.000001% on the colour wheel.

It’s all good Eddie, it’s navy. No clash.

Not sure any club should be able to dictate the colours of another. If they can, then we need to change Melbourne... they’ve darkened their blue steadily many times to the point that it’s now effectively black. Black and red are our colours.
Shoot, they're starting to catch on. Abort. Abort.
Richmond owns yellow and black to me. If Glenelg wanted into the AFL I be saying find new colours.
The thing is with a hypothetical between Richmond and Glenelg is that it's the exact same jumper between the two whereas Port Adelaide has a totally unique jumper, just with the same "colours". Port Adelaide would have a way better case than what Glenelg would have for playing their historical jumper.
I wasn't born yet when Melbourne nearly became the Hawks, so maybe that's why I don't reckon Melbourne would've had a problem with Norwood had they tried to get in. In fact, the Melbourne Hawks were gonna have the same colour scheme as Adelaide, so it's clearly Collingwood who has the bigger problem with "colour stealing" than the AFL.
Or maybe I'm siding with Port to stick it to Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back