2nds Port Adelaide vs Crows - Round 7 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel for McKenzie. He's never been a kpd but we don't have any other options. Could be curtains if he's out for too long.

If we bring Cox in I hope we actually play him as a small forward, not a kpf aka. Jake Neade and Sam Gray
I reckon he'd actually make it work. If he can't, there is nobody that short that can even pull off Hinkleys dream of a midget KPF.

Cam Hewett being on our list still is the biggest waste of a list spot in our history, truly a nothing player

no that honour belongs to Fabian Deluca (2006 - 2008)

then followed by these 4 :-

Hugh Minson
Barry Brooks
Alan Murray
Jonathon Yerbury

----------.-----------

then maybe :-

Darren Fraser
Luke Peel
Jams Ezard
Ryan Williams
Elijah Ware
Wade Thompson
Brent Renouf
Ben Newton
Nathan Blee
Ryan Williams
Wade Champion

Hugh Minson
Barry Brooks
Alan Murray
Jonathon Yerbury

----------.-----------

Darren Fraser
Luke Peel
Jams Ezard
Ryan Williams
Elijah Ware
Wade Thompson
Brent Renouf
Ben Newton
Nathan Blee
Ryan Williams
Wade Champion
A lot of these guys have played AFL. Hewett is barely SANFL standard. Newton was very good at SANFL level.

I reckon he'd actually make it work. If he can't, there is nobody that short that can even pull off Hinkleys dream of a midget KPF.

I don't think he wants a midget KPF so much as someone who can play as both a key forward and a general forward.

A forward line with Marshall and Cox might be an interesting mix for the future, for example - though it reminds me of that time that someone on here made a post about Brett Ebert and Toby Thurstans (I think) after a game that we won against Sydney one preseason: one is a tall crumbing forward, the other is a short key position player! Together, they fight crime!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonner had to do better in the middle.

Bonner just atrocious today.:mad:

Soft as **** and turned it over or put team mates under pressure way too many times for even an average SANFL player.

The coup de gras was that howler in the third term - a short pass came to him, a bit over his head. He lead up and jumped in the air, grabbed it with both hands, the Cow player barely breathed on him, just a modicum of body pressure, and the ball spills out like a tennis ball hitting a brick wall, runs away to a Cow playing 10 metres away, they go down and kick a goal, momentum swing, kick another straight from the bounce.

Game over!

Delist now, don't wait to the end of the year.

Soft as **** and turned it over or put team mates under pressure way too many times for even an average SANFL player.

The coup de gras was that howler in the third term - a short pass came to him, a bit over his head. He lead up and jumped in the air, grabbed it with both hands, the Cow player barely breathed on him, just a modicum of body pressure, and the ball spills out like a tennis ball hitting a brick wall, runs away to a Cow playing 10 metres away, they go down and kick a goal, momentum swing, kick another straight from the bounce.

Game over!

His was one of the worst 30 possession games you would wish to see.

Game over!

Na he’s not a delist.... Way too talented for that.

He needs his ball drop moment, something that changes his mindset and trajectory of his career.

For Robbie it was when he did his ACL and that recovery redefined him.

We need to do something to spark Bonner. Send him of with the SAS (well maybe ex SAS guys) and give him the pre season from hell and let’s try harden him up a bit, maybe combine that with some talented guys who had their careers ruined through injury and paint a picture for him that you only get 1 chance at this. One day he’ll be long retired looking back at his AFL career.

Hugh Minson
Barry Brooks
Alan Murray
Jonathon Yerbury

----------.-----------

Darren Fraser
Luke Peel
Jams Ezard
Ryan Williams
Elijah Ware
Wade Thompson
Brent Renouf
Ben Newton
Nathan Blee
Ryan Williams
Wade Champion
I felt sorry for Fraser. Did his knee in his first preseason game and got delisted at the end of the year. Something similar happened to Wade Chapman (as opposed to Wade Champion).

Feels weird to be proud of the side after a loss, but I did think we really did a lot well. We can improve, and a lot of players returning will help, but that was a bloody good effort.

Who would've thought Tobin Cox of all players would be such a weapon. We've got to be seriously thinking about him in AFL calculations now.

Hugh Minson
Barry Brooks
Alan Murray
Jonathon Yerbury

----------.-----------

Darren Fraser
Luke Peel
Jams Ezard
Ryan Williams
Elijah Ware
Wade Thompson
Brent Renouf
Ben Newton
Nathan Blee
Ryan Williams
Wade Champion

Darren Fraser (premiership player) and Ben Newton were very good SANFL players for the Magpies, Cameron Hewitt however not sure what the hell he actually is on the list for.
What is the record for years on our list without playing an AFL game ?
I am thinking Brendon Ah Chee was here for a long long time before he was finally given an opportunity.

Na he’s not a delist.... Way too talented for that.

He needs his ball drop moment, something that changes his mindset and trajectory of his career.

For Robbie it was when he did his ACL and that recovery redefined him.

We need to do something to spark Bonner. Send him of with the SAS (well maybe ex SAS guys) and give him the pre season from hell and let’s try harden him up a bit, maybe combine that with some talented guys who had their careers ruined through injury and paint a picture for him that you only get 1 chance at this. One day he’ll be long retired looking back at his AFL career.

I’ve thought this with a couple of our players.

AJ and Bonner are the obvious two. They have speed and great skills, AJ is tough but can’t get into the game, Bonner is soft as butter. They just need a circuit breaker. Play them on the ball or switch their positions. Send them off with the SAS, do the Kokoda like Clarkson did with Scrimshaw, just find a way to get through to them. Failing that, trade away.

Imagine if Marshall was able to lead at the football like Tobin Cox does😯
Imagine if Cox was 15cm and 20kgs heavier!

I dont know if you have seen him live in the flesh, but he is a beautiful moving forward.

Imagine if Cox was 15cm and 20kgs heavier!

I dont know if you have seen him live in the flesh, but he is a beautiful moving forward.

Yeah I was there today. In a time when we have a coach so focussed on having a fwd line that can defend, Tobin showed that if you attack hard, you force your opponent to defend. His opponent was too worried to think about running off.

My nephews went to Henley with Tobin and say he was a massive party boy. Boy he must have knuckled down because he looks slick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back