2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 6 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

I was at the game and you can't fault the endeavour. They're just outclassed. Useless competition.

Lord's return was encouraging.

Hamish Hartlett should not be senior coach. Most of the SANFL team are very young and should have a mature voice leading them, not some young hipster who is unqualified and to inexperienced for the role.
Yea but he's probably a Hinkley fan boy and the club is more of a boys club than it is a serious sporting organisation.

No but I can imagine and that's one of the many reasons why it's not a real game or a real competition just glorified match practice.
In that case your hardly in a position to comment on what other people should be thinking about the SANFL side when you haven’t even seen them.

I was at the game and you can't fault the endeavour. They're just outclassed. Useless competition.

I appreciate it’s a reserves side but year by year the top up players have just become worse and worse, to the point where a lot of them are fringe amateur league players, what is the answer? Is it going to improve joining the VFL ? Could we attract better players? For a start I would have an older coach and an experienced captain.
Can’t see how getting flogged and playing with undersized amateur league players helps the development of young AFL players.

These days I’m more interested in the form of the kids on our AFL list than the score. We are so under manned because of the sanfl restrictions. It’s makes it bloody hard to be competitive.

I couldn’t blame the effort today. The team put in. But the kids and top-up players are up against hardened sanfl players. It’s not a fair fight.

The kids showed good signs today, Tommy A., Lorenz and even Walsh at times. You can see the AFL potential

A shout out to Lorenz. He was crunched in a tackle in the last quarter in the centre of the ground. But to his credit he got up straight away and hobbled back to the defence trying to help his team mates.

He’s a tough kid on top of the class he’s shown

I appreciate it’s a reserves side but year by year the top up players have just become worse and worse, to the point where a lot of them are fringe amateur league players, what is the answer? Is it going to improve joining the VFL ? Could we attract better players? For a start I would have an older coach and an experienced captain.
Can’t see how getting flogged and playing with undersized amateur league players helps the development of young AFL players.

Half the side was top up players, most of the others skinny kids and players coming back from injury/form.

I've heard there are some game days where Hartlett is calling players up in country leagues to come and play. How can we compete against teams that train and play together every week?

We lost our captain who is one of our best players at this level.

It's not going to get any better staying where we are. This is the worst Port Adelaide side I've ever seen, they could go winless this season. The sanfl has gone all in on weakening the AFL sides and succeeded beyond their wildest dreams.

The crows have gone backwards too, and they still cleaned us up.

So yeah, at least in a national reserves comp we will all have the same rules.

I've heard there are some game days where Hartlett is calling players up in country leagues to come and play.
That was true under Goldsack due to lack of players, but this season, apart from Ky Burgoyne, every SANFL listed player was signed up in pre-season.

We've also purposely gone with an undersized forward line and not picked Pascoe and Cockatoo-Collins for whatever reason.

That was true under Goldsack due to lack of players, but this season, apart from Ky Burgoyne, every SANFL listed player was signed up in pre-season.

We've also purposely gone with an undersized forward line and not picked Pascoe and Cockatoo-Collins for whatever reason.

Yes, but they've been ready in the morning to play with their local club and had to make a detour to Alberton to play when we've had late withdrawals. There's no continuity.

And if it was happening last year too, it is clearly an issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Kyle Marshall was good today. Had 13 disposals, only conceded a couple of goals in a defence under siege. Made Mitch Harvey run a bit, that was funny.

I liked the part where dylan williams was playing really good football and he had belief, then we dropped him and then ****ed him around so badly we have ruined his last chance.

I imagine when there is a national reserves system, if the pay is more than SANFL, we and the cows might recruit the best SANFL players.

If they don’t get a game, they can go back and play for their SANFL club.

Maybe he could just play well consistently and he would get a look.
The nuffies have started already. Keep ignoring the pattern of all the other talented young kids with proven AFL ability that this has happened to. It's all Dylan's fault! Kenny can't kick it for him!

That would be funny but the sanfl would probably ban any player that did that.

Surely the sanfl wouldn't be that vindictive ...

watching arrested development GIF

I don't know what happened to Dylan over the off-season, it's like he forgot how to run or move quickly. He looks so slow this year. And even his usually deadly kick has become hit and miss. It's tough in a defence under siege but his lack of pace and quick movement is getting exposed.

I would be tempted to put him in the undermanned midfield so he can use his strength over the ball and get into some space to distribute the ball. And rest forward now and again to have a ping at goals.

The sanfl side just can't hang onto the ball for any length of time over the 4 quarters. Every now and again they get it right and you can see what they're trying to do, but too often they butcher it. Dyl could help with the continuity of play with clean hands and accurate disposal.

I liked the part where dylan williams was playing really good football and he had belief, then we dropped him and then ****ed him around so badly we have ruined his last chance.
Though I do agree that we've unsettled him. To be honest, there's a high likelihood that the puss we've seen from him this year might've been happening in preseason and without us knowing he might've justified his non selection.

His lack of pace has been glaring in a season where pace seems to be rising as a more important factor than it has in recent years.

Dylan needs to be at his best and in the right mix of defenders and he'd be a lock, I think there's a few things going on his confidence is down and he's not reading the play like he did last year.

When he was trusting his smarts it mitigated his lack of pace, I don't even think he's the slowest bloke going around as some suggest he has the duck amble optics that make it look worse than it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back