News Port Adelaide's Next Generation Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we have dibs on him?

depends on whether he was born in metro or regional area.

we don’t get access to them if they were born in metro areas cause the afl wouldn’t want us to have equal rights the to rest of the afl.

it doesn’t matter anyway despite the fact I would consider picking him for the champs I haven’t seen anything about him being drafted. Will probably go undrafted to be honest and if we wanted him we could get him.

Few key weeks coming up for Taj Schofield. Performing ok in the U18's but hasn't cracked the next level which he really should be doing to justify a good draft pick. Starting to look like a rookie list prospect at best. Jase Burgoyne on the other hand looking like a possible 2021 first rounder

Worth noting the 194cm verrall and 180ish? Taj rahui are in our nga and performing well in the under 18’s the last couple of weeks despite being under agers who aren’t draft eligible til 2022.

I’m not sure if they’re eligible to be picked as nga but I doubt it.

Hunter Carter is another port father son we’re going to miss out on because of the ****ed rules (dad played 170ish games off the top of my head)

depends on whether he was born in metro or regional area.

we don’t get access to them if they were born in metro areas cause the afl wouldn’t want us to have equal rights the to rest of the afl.

it doesn’t matter anyway despite the fact I would consider picking him for the champs I haven’t seen anything about him being drafted. Will probably go undrafted to be honest and if we wanted him we could get him.

From Marion/Metro Adelaide so no.

Worth noting the 194cm verrall and 180ish? Taj rahui are in our nga and performing well in the under 18’s the last couple of weeks despite being under agers who aren’t draft eligible til 2022.

I’m not sure if they’re eligible to be picked as nga but I doubt it.

Hunter Carter is another port father son we’re going to miss out on because of the f’ed rules (dad played 170ish games off the top of my head)
It's interesting that last year we knew that Jones was on our NGA list and a few years ago we were able to monitor the progress of Frederick + Pudney yet we don't at this stage know if we have anyone NGA eligible for next years draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Father son next yr?
yes
Jase Burgoyne has to be tracking as a 2021 1st rounder, very exciting. Hope he starts getting reserves games this year.

He’s too slight I would keep him in under 18’s now. It’s been very good to see him handed a large responsibility too which I didn’t see as much in his under 16’s.
Could be a 1st rounder but next years draft looks stacked at least from Sa anyway

Jones looks really good. Very strong. A nice long kick and good overhead mark. Hope to see him using his power and pace more to run it out of defence as he gains more confidence rather than slow it up and kick it long because that will be what makes him as an AFL player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back