News Port Confirms Coaching Panel for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

F9-XaT6awAAHwpB
F9-XbU1a0AARHIf

Yuck.

Everything about it. Yuck.

I don't get into bagging the club in general, but one thing has stuck with me since Matthew Richardson came out with the chasing greatness and premiership targets, in that every decision and appointment made since that time (with the exception of Josh Carr returning ... which may have been more about his life choices re where he wants to live) have been the opposite, and appeared to be more about "chasing cost savings".

When we have been at our strongest we have had a strong coaching panel across all lines.

In fact in the past number of years we have had Nicks and Voss leave (now head coaches), along with Schoey, Monty and Bassett, and in reality only had Carr come in with any real pedigree.

That is possibly the least inspiring coaching panel in history. A bunch of jobs for the boys hires and Daddy Donuts disciples. All the Yes Men he could possibly need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get into bagging the club in general, but one thing has stuck with me since Matthew Richardson came out with the chasing greatness and premiership targets, in that every decision and appointment made since that time (with the exception of Josh Carr returning ... which may have been more about his life choices re where he wants to live) have been the opposite, and appeared to be more about "chasing cost savings".

When we have been at our strongest we have had a strong coaching panel across all lines.

In fact in the past number of years we have had Nicks and Voss leave (now head coaches), along with Schoey, Monty and Bassett, and in reality only had Carr come in with any real pedigree.

How funny is it.

Our list strategy and recruitment seems to suggest we think we're in a flag window, since we've mortgaged our draft hand chasing B graders who fill gaps... So we're "all in" with bugger all draft hand this year or next.

But on the other hand, our coaching strategy seems to suggest we're penny pinching and just going for a cast of spuds while we pay donuts close to a million bucks.

We literally had the perfect demonstration just 2 years ago of how Hinkley coaches without senior assistants covering his ass when Voss left. It wasn't pretty.

Now it's basically the same story. I think we can see how this one ends lol.

It's actually comical how utterly inept the club's administration is.

I've just bought a robot vacuum with the money I would have spent on my season tickets.
Could not be happier with my decision

Ah your decision sucks too :p

As I said before, I don't mind Goldsack in the line coach role, he has experience in another system and I thought he did a better job with the Magpies than he was given credit for.

Another L-Plate Magpies coach though, don't agree with that at all.

So still nothing from the club about Jason Williams, we are still relying on regional newspapers for information?

So still nothing from the club about Jason Williams, we are still relying on regional newspapers for information?

The club does name him in the release today, but I don't know they have told us much about him up until now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back