Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if they'll blink and pay Ranga Lynch 700k I reckon they will he's pivotal in their setup.

Pick 10 for Bode
Several years of Shaun Burgoyne, which then got us pick 9 and 16 in 2009, of which we still have Pittard. That original trade was 2000. I wonder if there’s any other trade in the AFL that’s still going through the system (the eventual player(s) traded for haven’t been delisted or retired), from 2000 or earlier? I have my doubts. Pittard is in a bit of a form slump, but 18 years we’ve gotten something out of that trade. Thanks Adelaide :D

We're talking about a guy who kicked 5 goals in a prelim last year v speculative pick number 12 in a poor draft.

Only in the AFL are speculative 18 year olds seen as being worth more than established mid career professional athletes.

I agree that a known quantity is better than a draft pick, but the real issue here for those arguing against the Lions trading pick 12 is that pick 18 would have got the deal done. There’s little doubt the Lions blinked but they wouldn’t be unhappy having done so.

Without some aspect of fear felt by the victim you don't really have an assault in practice IMO. No way would any action be taken by Police apart from turfing him out of the ground.

I agree with this. It’s only assault if a judge says it is. A reasonable person would not convict that Crow fan of an assault.

But it raises a point about player conduct on the field that interests me - are players prevented by virtue of
signing some sort of waiver from filing charges against an opponent for assault?

Without some aspect of fear felt by the victim you don't really have an assault in practice IMO. No way would any action be taken by Police apart from turfing him out of the ground.
Sigh, yes you do, otherwise you could assault drunken people, or coward punch at will or a particularly brave (or stupid) person could never be assaulted.
Also there was an element of fear in this particular event as seen in the reaction of the player.
Assault can be as minor as snatching a ticket from a ticket inspector.

If you don’t believe me try doing what the Crows fan did to a copper or judge, see what happens.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched the 9news clip about Lynch, he’s so gone. Means Sloane will probably stay though. Can’t see both jumping ship.

Don’t see how one effects the other unless it’s over money which it doesn’t seem to be.

Well they are doing the old crow low ball so he's also insulted now

No love for the club at all.

At least with Sloane, he looked upset when they lost the showdown so he’s got some emotional attachment to the club. Whether it’s enough I reckon depends on Lynch staying or leaving. If Lynch leaves, it’ll surely give few extra $$$ on Sloane’s contract which will probably tip it to him staying.

I’ve heard everything now...
Caro statting that Port have an unfair advantage in Shanghai as it is our home ground and that if we make the eight it will be on tha back of that unfair advantage
meanwhile failing to mention Richmond’s unfair advantage of playing how many games at the MCG this year?
I didn’t realise we were the only team to ever buy a home game either.
Gee commentators are dumb and biased at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back