Toast Port has signed Daniel Flynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I thought, Ford. He looked dazed in a way and pretty unhappy, as much as exhausted.

Funny thing is I thought he went alright considering his football experience. There is a lot to work with there, I hope he comes around to believing this, that he can adapt and comes back for another crack at it. As Rohde noted, he is keeping fit by playing Gaelic footy.

Actually surprised he was exposed to AFL competition that soon...

He is still young. You can imagine everyone there is happy to have him back, but then sooner or later someone will bring up that does he love playing Gaelic footy so much for free that he would give up the chance to be a professional footballer earning a few hundred grand a year? It may not sink in yet because he is probably just out of high school but in a couple of years who knows what will happen.

Well that's a bit crap if he went back because he didn't want to stick it out for a real sporting career

I'm kinda for temporarily locking this thread until there's more actual news as this speculation isn't really going anywhere good.

Maybe that's just me.
I concur.

I'm kinda for temporarily locking this thread until there's more actual news as this speculation isn't really going anywhere good.

Maybe that's just me.
Im not so sure about that, any other time a news article comes up we all scour it as a team pulling it apart.
We've done worse with less.

I don't see why it should be different about this? an Ireland newspaper has reported that Flynn came back to play Gaelic not a mention of his grandfather.

If this was anyone else we'd have a 30 page thread by now.

That articles a mess, I mean they didn't even get his name right so I'd take it with a pinch of salt.

I wouldn't be inclined to believe everything that the coach says either, from what I know of him he has a reputation as someone who talks a lot but says very little. Probably just trying to divert attention after a shocking loss. Flynn strikes me as an honest type of bloke, if he told the club he was heading home because of his sick grandfather then that's most likely the reason.

Im not so sure about that, any other time a news article comes up we all scour it as a team pulling it apart.
We've done worse with less.

I don't see why it should be different about this? an Ireland newspaper has reported that Flynn came back to play Gaelic not a mention of his grandfather.

If this was anyone else we'd have a 30 page thread by now.

It's just the vibe. Like I said, I don't see it going anywhere good, until we see some reliable quotes from the source.

I think anyone that has a crack at Flynn for going back is ... well let's say mean-spirited.

He's a 20yo kid who has come halfway across the world for a crack at a sport completely foreign to him in a new country. Even if he's gone back because it was a bit much for him or he missed gaelic footy so what? Who in their life hasn't taken something on at some point in their life and given it away because it wasn't for them?

You have to take the word of the club and the lad that his grandfather is seriously ill and that would have added to homesickness that has been acknowledged. If that's the reason, well who's going to begrudge him a humanitarian response from him and the club?

He's cost us an international rookie draft pick. Well wouldn't that just wreck our premiership window? It's slammed shut so hard it's out of square and will never open again.

Oh and just to add, I think he really can play our game and would welcome him back any time.

Last edited:
It's not that I am having a crack at him going back [god knows i've quit enough things in my life]

I am just wondering whether what the club has said is the truth.
I'm not big on news being spun.

Edit: [cause I know you are going to call me out on this]
I am not implying this news story has been changed around and what the club said isnt true.
Only that I don't take news [from the club, Adelaide now, Newscorp or any news outlet] at face value.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not that I am having a crack at him going back.

Im not big on news being spun.

Well no what you're saying is you think the club is lying to the supporters. Spin is just a euphemism. Are you suggesting his grandfather is not seriously ill? That it's not a factor in his going back?

Well no what you're saying is you think the club is lying to the supporters. Spin is just a euphemism. Are you suggesting his grandfather is not seriously ill? That it's not a factor in his going back?

Not to be argumentative but
"Are you suggesting his grandfather is not seriously ill?" can you show me where I said this?
How about where I said "think the club is lying to the supporters"

Spin is not a euphemism.

For example Liberal pro news sources report that Abbott has ended the Fibre to the Premises NBN to save the country money and not waste it on frivolous things.

Labor pro news sources report that Abbott has shockingly ended the much amazing and much faster Fibre to the Premises solution in favour of a slowly aging Fibre to the node patch up job that will be obsolete when it is complete.

Same story two different focuses.

Spin is not a euphemism.
For example Liberal pro news sources report that Abbott has ended the Fibre to the Premises NBN to save the country money and not waste it on frivolous things.

Labor pro news sources report that Abbott has shockingly ended the much amazing and much faster Fibre to the Premises solution in favour of a slowly aging Fibre to the node patch up job that will be obsolete when it is complete.

That's just deflection. Do you think the club is lying to its supporters and/or that Flynn didn't go back because his grandfather is seriously ill?

"Are you suggesting his grandfather is not seriously ill?" can you show me where I said this?

Spin is not a euphemism.

194trtw9lwx2hjpg.jpg

You posted

If they haven't told the truth they are lying. What do you think they are lying about?

That's just deflection. Do you think the club is lying to its supporters and/or that Flynn didn't go back because his grandfather is seriously ill?

I think that the club isn't 100% truthful in everything it reports to its supporters.

Not aware of his families medical history I couldn't tell you.

I think that the club isn't 100% truthful in everything it reports to its supporters.
Not aware of his families medical history I couldn't tell you.

No now you're dodging. It wasn't a general statement, you said in specific response to the Flynn case

What do you think they are lying about?

You're not aware of his grandfather's medical condition but you think the club is making it up?

No now you're dodging. It wasn't a general statement, you said in specific response to the Flynn case
What do you think they are lying about?
I dont know in relation to the Flynn case
All I know is that if an Ireland news site reports he has left Port before Port does and then he has been signed up to play Gaelic football while barely being off the plane it seems suspect to me.
You're not aware of his grandfather's medical condition but you think the club is making it up?

FFS did I say I think they are making it up?
No
He may of had other reason's that we aren't being made privy too

I dont know in relation to the Flynn case
All I know is that if an Ireland news site reports he has left Port before Port does and then he has been signed up to play Gaelic football while barely being off the plane it seems suspect to me.

He's hardly signed up, he's just turned up at his home club.

FFS did I say I think they are making it up?
No
He may of had other reason's that we aren't being made privy too

You said they weren't telling the truth so you must think they're making something up, I'm just asking you what you think they're not telling the truth about. They basically made two statements, he's homesick, his grandfather is seriously ill. Which of those do you think is the lie?

It's not that I am having a crack at him going back [god knows i've quit enough things in my life]

I am not implying this news story has been changed around and what the club said isnt true.
Only that I don't take news [from the club, Adelaide now, Newscorp or any news outlet] at face value.

Who said you can't have your cake and eat it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back