Port list, 20 years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

bloomgang

Rookie
Jan 15, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Hello all,

In the early 2000s, both Burgoynes were on your list. I have memories of there being another set of brothers on your list at the time. Am I mistaken? Did you have another set? It's just a vague memory, but one that's been tearing away at me all evening. Does anyone remember another set, possibly twins? Please help me, I've spent the last 45 minutes searching in vain!

Thanks!

Chad and Kane Cornes?

Derek and Allan Murray?

Justin and Matthew Westhoff, FTW.

Definitely not the Cornes brothers, I should've said that...
I remember one of my students did a presentation on them. Would've been between 2001 and 2003.

Possibly the Murray brothers, but they're not ringing a bell...

As an aside, speaking of Port twins, it’s always been a point of wutention that Darryl Wakelin came home in exchange for a premium (pick 4 = worth it), whereas Shane Wakelin got snapped up by Collingwood for a pittance when he left the Saints (re-drafted at 49) at the same time.

Imagine the two of them in that 01-07 backline together. All the best kicking a winning score, everyone.

As an aside, speaking of Port twins, it’s always been a point of wutention that Darryl Wakelin came home in exchange for a premium (pick 4 = worth it), whereas Shane Wakelin got snapped up by Collingwood for a pittance when he left the Saints (re-drafted at 49) at the same time.

Imagine the two of them in that 01-07 backline together. All the best kicking a winning score, everyone.
I don’t think you could get a more reliable pairing then Wakelin & Paxman. Two outstanding defenders who just got the job done each & every week.

Hello all,

In the early 2000s, both Burgoynes were on your list. I have memories of there being another set of brothers on your list at the time. Am I mistaken? Did you have another set? It's just a vague memory, but one that's been tearing away at me all evening. Does anyone remember another set, possibly twins? Please help me, I've spent the last 45 minutes searching in vain!

Thanks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lynch would have been in big trouble.

Tom and Josh Carr?

Robbie Gray and Sam Gray

Official list of all brother combinations in Port Adelaide AFL history
Justin Westhoff, Matt Westhoff
Peter Burgoyne, Shaun Burgoyne
Chad Cornes, Kane Cornes
Robbie Gray, Sam Gray
Damon White, Matt White
Wade Thompson, Adam Thomson
Jack Trengove, Jackson Trengove
Daniel Stewart, Paul Stewart, Stuart Cochrane