Game Day Port vs Carlton R22 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the first time we've had Dixon, Georgie, Marshall, Ladhams, Gray, Fantasia, Rozee and Butters in the same line up? On paper we should kick 1000 goals this week. I'd love to see us taking this opportunity to try something a bit more attacking focused - it's our best point of difference come finals time.

Instead we'll win 60 to 45 in an absolute frustrating dire slog.

With their outs I think we’ll tune them up by >60pts.

These guys don’t like to defend at the best of times so, weather permitting, we should kick 16 plus goals today.

Amon BOG.

I want to a big win this afternoon. 2 minor round games left and it is time to become a cohesive unit if Port have any chance of challenging in the finals!

All I can see is a percentage boost, which will become handy...no doubt. What better team to inflict this carnage onto.

FFS...No injuries please...

We talking about Carlton. I mean, listen, we talking about Carlton. Not a contender. Not a premiership threat. Not a rival for the flag. Not finals. Not the finals that we go out there and die for and play every game like it's our last. We talking about Carlton, man.

I mean, how silly is that? And we talking about Carlton. I'm not shoving it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know it’s important to win. I do, I honestly do. But we talking about Carlton, man. What are we talking about? Carlton? We talking about Carlton, man.

We talking about Carlton right now. We talking about Carlton. We ain't talking about the finals, the actual finals. When it matters. We talking about Carlton…

5jjeq3.gif

I think Hinkley has shown by dropping SPP that if you want a spot in this side you got to earn it. Let's see who wants to put their spot in jeopardy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tickets still available if you have missed out.

I got 4 this morning. Nose bleed but who cares.

Can't wait to be cheering on our boys this arvo.

Looking forward to having about 100 inside 50's consisting of the usual assortment of floaters, tumble-punts, kicks to nobody, absolute panic rushed stuff and the standard kick to Dixon whose stationary and then have Marshall, Georgiades and Ladhams come flying over the top resulting in a ground ball where our smalls are nowhere to be seen allowing them to continually attack without much pressure.

This should go with the again usual mix of despite being a considerably better side we'll back-off as soon as humanly possible allowing them to be in a game they have no right being in and then causing us to panic even more leading to an eventual win without ever looking like a good side.

It should all be followed by Ken telling us all via the presser that we didn't try hard enough for long enough but he's proud we kept coming at them.

But it's a beautiful day for footy. We are allowed a crowd (sort of) and it's Port playing, so once again that makes it a very cool day at this point in time.

Nice day.

Charlie 5 goals plus
Mitch's turn to back him up.

Port 100 plus. % matters we aren't just playing Carlton here we need serious percentage.
We need to get on top early and just forget it's a game against Carlton. Try and turn it into a 20 plus goal game.

We didn’t play last week but that doesn’t mean we won’t play well this week. I’ve seen us play well one week then play ordinary the next. You can say the same for a lot of other teams.

At least we have close to a full list to choose from and are getting games into players who’ve returned from long injury breaks like Butters, Duursma and Fantasia. That’s working to our favour

Remove this Banner Ad

Back