Discussion Possible Future Throwback Jumpers

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
I would think Port would do something for the 20th anniversary of their 2004 Premiership in 24, but I guess the Crows didn't for 97 or 98 so who knows.
I think that would be a bit naff and cringeworthy, particularly for such a traditional club with so many premierships. We just need to celebrate the 100 years (& eventually 200 years) since each of our 37 premierships. But in this corporate era it's entirely possible that we'll get a 20th anniversary one.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
7Jd3XiL.jpg

Here is an idea for Future Throwback Jumpers. During their Premiership Centenary Season, the winners of the Premiership 100 seasons before can wear one of these Premiership Centenary Throwback Jumpers copying the design of their jumper during their premiership winning season with a special Premiership Centenary AFL badge in silver.
So the first team will be Collingwood in 2019 for their 1919 Premiership, with the 1919 style Collingwood jumper.

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
7Jd3XiL.jpg

Here is an idea for Future Throwback Jumpers. During their Premiership Centenary Season, the winners of the Premiership 100 seasons before can wear one of these Premiership Centenary Throwback Jumpers copying the design of their jumper during their premiership winning season with a special Premiership Centenary AFL badge in silver.
So the first team will be Collingwood in 2019 for their 1919 Premiership, with the 1919 style Collingwood jumper.
Interesting idea. There will be duplication in each Port premiership centenary year though!

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
IQZuCZx.jpg

Here is an extra four years of Premiership Centenary Jumpers, which include the four in a row by Collingwood.

With Port Adelaide doing the same for the Port Adelaide SANFL premierships of 100 years ago, there is nothing stopping the Power from doing that. It is just that this is done to recognise the Premiership Centenaries of clubs in the AFL (which was the VFL before 1990). The jumpers and the reason for wearing them could be recognised the same way as the Premiership Centenary Jumpers except for the Premiership Centenary silver AFL Logo because this is for the clubs celebrating the centenary of their AFL Premiership.

Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
For the AFL side who didn't exist until 1997? Not quite sure that an SANFL premiership would be acknowledged with an AFL logo..
yep: thought I'd be a bit mischievous;). I'd like us to do a heritage centenary jumper for each of our SANFL premierships though regardless of the logo.

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
Hopefully not a Marvel based round...

Knowing the AFL THEY WILL do a Marvel round next year where some or all the clubs run around in Marvel guernseys while we shout "We want Heritage round back" from the top of the light towers at the MCG

2022 Eagles 30th Anniversary of 92 flag
2024 Eagles 30th Anniversary of 94 flag
2026 Eagles 20th Anniversary of 06 flag
2028 Eagles 10th Anniversary of 18 flag
You psychic motherf...:'(

If the AFLX lasts that long ;)
It isn't, Gil wants the teams to be picked by star players next year, eg. 'Team Dangerfield', 'Team Pendlebury' like the NBA all star game, because if there's one thing that works well for the AFL, it's trying to be more american!

Down at the Cats we're celebrating our 160th anniversary and 10th anniversary of the 2009 Premiership (don't expect a jumper for either though)

The Hawks clock up the 30th anniversary of the 1989 Grand Final and North bring up 20 years since the '99 flag. I wouldn't be surprised if either of these two result in a jumper (Hawks vs Geelong R5 & R18). North don't play Carlton at home, but they tend to celebrate anniversary matches against Hawthorn, so I'm tipping Round 20

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
2021 will be the 125th season of the VFL/AFL, I would like to see all teams in round 1, 2021 (or another round) wear replicas of the guernseys they wore in their first ever appearance in the league for premiership points (except for GWS as their first guernsey in the AFL is pretty much what they use now, and the Gold Coast I'd put in the away wave guernsey they wore against Port in their first ever win). In short it's just like the re-enactment round in 1996 but this time with all but one teams taking part, the AFL could call it "Foundation Round" or another name that ties into the past well. For example Port can wear their SBS guernsey they wore in round 1, 1997, the Swans bringing back the butchers hoops and Carlton with a replica of this number.....

1552384889265.png

Note; there might have to be number panels put on some of the guernseys

Down at the Cats we're celebrating our 160th anniversary and 10th anniversary of the 2009 Premiership (don't expect a jumper for either though)

The Hawks clock up the 30th anniversary of the 1989 Grand Final and North bring up 20 years since the '99 flag. I wouldn't be surprised if either of these two result in a jumper (Hawks vs Geelong R5 & R18). North don't play Carlton at home, but they tend to celebrate anniversary matches against Hawthorn, so I'm tipping Round 20

I can see Geelong sneaking their 80s retro guernsey in for another run (maybe against a all gold back Hawthorn)

Back