Post your favourite Ben Stokes moments here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Legally there’s not much room for complaint, if he is cleared then it would be hard to justify banning him.

But we all know what we he did - provoked, defending someone, whatever, his level of rage was pretty unreasonable to the situation from what the footage showed.

I’ll be glad on one hand because a) I’ll get to watch him, he is an exceptionally exciting Cricketer and b) it increases england’s chances. But as a pacifist it’s a heavy defeat.

Legally there’s not much room for complaint, if he is cleared then it would be hard to justify banning him.

But we all know what we he did - provoked, defending someone, whatever, his level of rage was pretty unreasonable to the situation from what the footage showed.

I’ll be glad on one hand because a) I’ll get to watch him, he is an exceptionally exciting Cricketer and b) it increases england’s chances. But as a pacifist it’s a heavy defeat.
Why wouldn't it. He has to go through Englands internal justice system (he will be cleared obviously) but it is very clear him punching someone and knocking them out. Got no idea why the Brits didn't charge him but they definitly sped it up. Last year their system took around 4 months to decide whether to charge, it has taken half that time (even when they said they wouldnt speed it up).

In any case, it really does show how gutless the Poms are when someone knocks out a person holding their hands up to stop him and all he does is get a slap on the wrist and barely that. Even Warner got banned when he grazed Root which was minor compoared to this

Rumour was that the hand he broke while disciplining the young chap was going to keep him out for a test or two anyway so the ecb can give him a two test suspension for the injury period and still maintain they don't go soft on this sort of stuff and we can go back to these sanctimonious clowns whinging about aussie players and fans and their aggressive behaviour for the next few months.

So it sounds like he is coming over, get your pretzels ready everybody!
Every budding young cricketer, or any sport for that matter, has seen the incident on You Tube, FB etc.

They are all going to now think this disgraceful behaviour is acceptable.

Good one ECB......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every budding young cricketer, or any sport for that matter, has seen the incident on You Tube, FB etc.

They are all going to now think this disgraceful behaviour is acceptable.

Good one ECB......

Yep...you are allowed to go around knocking blokes out potentially killing them...as long as your a talented all rounder. The English police and ECB have set a dangerous precedent.

It's not like he killed anyone, a two test ban is sufficient punishment for what he did, people wanting him banned for the whole series are mostly Australian supporters that know that with him rubbed out for the whole series it will increase Australia's chances of winning the Ashes.

Personally I want to see the best players playing and an Ashes series with Ben Stokes involved will be a better spectacle.

It's not like he killed anyone, a two test ban is sufficient punishment for what he did, people wanting him banned for the whole series are mostly Australian supporters that know that with him rubbed out for the whole series it will increase Australia's chances of winning the Ashes.

Personally I want to see the best players playing and an Ashes series with Ben Stokes involved will be a better spectacle.
Not killing him was out of sheer luck really. Plenty of people die through 1 punch attacks. The reason why people want him suspended longer is that it sends a message that this is completly unnacceptable and will not be tolerated. This 2 test ban (supposedly, may be only 1 test) is nothing but a slap on the wrist and sending a message that as long as you are famous, we will not care if you punch someone out cold. Remember these guys are looked up to as heroes in some cases, this looked really bad especially for kids. Apparently still recovering from his broken finger as well so is it really a suspension if he couldn;t play anyway?

He's actuallt really bloody lucky he didn't kill him....it happens all the time and it needs to stop. I don't care what provoked the initial confrontation but Stokes was not going to let that bloke go until he'd knocked him out.

From my point of view the fact that no charges have been laid is a disgrace. The guy he belted was obviously retreating but Stokes continues to go after him. If the Police are going to say that's ok then I feel ordinary about the society my 3 boys are going to grow up in...and just to finish if you plugger have had a mate killed by a drunken dickhead like Ben Stokes you would view things differently trust me

While the fact that he is seemingly escaping punishment is a disgrace, the notion that THIS incident is somehow going to teach young kids that you can behave that way and get away with it, is farcical when you consider that every second league or AFL player who does something similar, gets off pretty much scot free

While the fact that he is seemingly escaping punishment is a disgrace, the notion that THIS incident is somehow going to teach young kids that you can behave that way and get away with it, is farcical when you consider that every second league or AFL player who does something similar, gets off pretty much scot free
I can't speak for League as l don't watch it but l can't recall an AFL player knocking a bloke out in that fashion, but if he did, he would have got suspended. Even jumper punches now are getting suspended

Such as, which AFL player......

Never heard of the the one punch / coward punch deaths lately.
So in your opinion he gets a slap on the wrist because he's a good player that you want to watch.......
Ok then.

I can tell you one straight away. David Johnson, the extra baldy who wasn’t as good as Chapman, Ablett etc during the golden era, got shitfaced and punched in with some bloke outside a nightclub and got arrested and capsicum sprayed.

He was fined $2000.

So yeah, no examples....
Thats it?
Lol
So he smashed a bloke who had his arms raised in the air?

You said every 2nd player.

Thats called straw clutching......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back