Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

And we have taken a number of ex-Melbourne people from their losing environment and turned them into excellent coaches:

Clarko
Cameron Bruce
Adem Yze
We can add David Neitz to that list now too, yes?

"I'll admit they have done well, but their dynasty is built on the fact that they happened to peak at a time where it was so hard for everyone else (including other contenders) to build a real premiership challenge because of the concessions that Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney had.

Gold Coast doesn't exist = Ablett remains at Geelong = No Hawthorn dynasty."

From a Demons fans, crying because equalisation hasn't gifted his shithouse club a flag.
Nothing like rewriting history. Actually I like this game.
Imagine if Gary Ablett senior never left Hawthorn, and Gary Ablett Jr joined Hawthorn as a father/son
or
Fitzroy never folded and no team was relocated to Queensland, no Brisbane Lions 3peat
or
that Jewish bloke never baled out Melbourne and it folded instead.

Thread on main board about who is the most overrated player ever.

Our current premiership 22 already has 3 different nominations, by far the greatest of any current list.
In fact all 3 are b2b2b and 2 of 3 are 4 x premiership players, and one is dual norm smith!!

Thread on main board about who is the most overrated player ever.

Our current premiership 22 already has 3 different nominations, by far the greatest of any current list.
In fact all 3 are b2b2b and 2 of 3 are 4 x premiership players, and one is dual norm smith!!
4x premiership player, 3x premiership captain, 2x Norm Smith Medallist is overrated, yet a mercenary who only won 1 premiership, with no quantifiable leadership skills or football disposal skills, is one of the greatest players of all time. Yep, makes sense to me too.

No prizes for guessing who I voted for.

Let me guess the 'best supply' is served by overrated mid-fielders who won't get games in other 17 teams.;)

I always thought it was one of the worst midfields in the league. So much confusion - overrated hacks, old and slow and now they are telling me that Gunston is only kicking goals because of how good the midfield is - somebody needs to make up their mind

I always thought it was one of the worst midfields in the league. So much confusion - overrated hacks, old and slow and now they are telling me that Gunston is only kicking goals because of how good the midfield is - somebody needs to make up their mind
Nah they are all simply full of s**t.

Of one thing I am absolutely sure.....if any of the teams that these flogs support had won three in a row, they would be the most arrogant, smug, obnoxious, campaigners going around.

A little humility goes a long way.

HFC have won the last 3 in a row....just accept it.....history for that part is set in stone.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Whenever I think I might venture onto the main board it's threads like that one that make me remember that I would be better off doing the cat tray or cleaning out the chook shed than dealing with the utter s**t that is posted there.

I find that if you just agree with them, it takes the wind out of their sails.

What is the "Hodge 3rd man up" line about?
Is that just the old "loose man in defence" or something else?

Not that it means jack sh*t, anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An Essenjection flog has made a thread on the mainboard discussing the where, why & how of our 'immiment' demise.

What is it with Essendon trolls on the mainboard? Bunk Moreland, manwithnoname, Lance uppercut, the place is absolutely infested with them. Most baffling is how they're allowed to get away with their shallow, blatantly obvious troll threads.

The WADA verdict can't come quick enough. I just hope it happens before January to cap off a brilliant year.

Regarding that overrated players thread on the main board, I get the feeling that gohawthorn13 is an alias account? Definitely a Hawks supporter. Writes like they've been around for a while, even though this account is relatively new.

Regarding that overrated players thread on the main board, I get the feeling that gohawthorn13 is an alias account? Definitely a Hawks supporter. Writes like they've been around for a while, even though this account is relatively new.
Maybe he frequents Reddit or another forum regularly, and is used to those know nothing main board types?

An Essenjection flog has made a thread on the mainboard discussing the where, why & how of our 'immiment' demise.

What is it with Essendon trolls on the mainboard? Bunk Moreland, manwithnoname, Lance uppercut, the place is absolutely infested with them. Most baffling is how they're allowed to get away with their shallow, blatantly obvious troll threads.

The WADA verdict can't come quick enough. I just hope it happens before January to cap off a brilliant year.
Many of the Essenflogs still wont accept that their club has already met their demise. Will take a decade at least for this drug cheating saga to fade away enough for them to be taken half seriously as a football club.
Until all the staff and players involved move on...the club will remain tainted.

Many of the Essenflogs still wont accept that their club has already met their demise. Will take a decade at least for this drug cheating saga to fade away enough for them to be taken half seriously as a football club.
Until all the staff and players involved move on...the club will remain tainted.

Great to see essendon languishing isn't it. 16 years for them this year. Will pass our 91-08 stretch easily.

What has happened to Carlton since 1995 gives me enormous joy also.

We are so far ahead from the rest since 1960 it is ridiculous. Whilst this may sound greedy I'm strongly of the belief that we have the culture and the club to surpass Carlton, essendon and collingwood, even though they won multiple flags before we even entered the competition.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Great to see essendon languishing isn't it. 16 years for them this year. Will pass our 91-08 stretch easily.

We are so far ahead from the rest since 1960 it is ridiculous. Whilst this may sound greedy I'm strongly of the belief that we have the culture and the club to surpass Carlton, essendon and collingwood, even though they won multiple flags before we even entered the competition.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Greedy? Not at all. Personally, I'm just patiently sitting back expecting it to happen. Not sure when, but I do expect it to happen.

KOLOKOTRONIS
Yep...we need to continue to expect the high Hawthorn standards of all involved with the club....including the supporters, while giving people the opportunity to develop into outstanding representatives of the HFC whatever their role may be.

I dont particularly revell in the fading away of a club for however long and for whatever reason....but Carlton and Essendons has been totally self inflicted.

Yep...we need to continue to expect the high Hawthorn standards of all involved with the club....including the supporters, while giving people the opportunity to develop into outstanding representatives of the HFC whatever their role may be.

I dont particularly revell in the fading away of a club for however long and for whatever reason....but Carlton and Essendons has been totally self inflicted.

Same here! Don't really get any pleasure seeing clubs struggle- but those 2 cheating sack of s@#t clubs, pure joy in their downfalls!

KOLOKOTRONIS

I would like to see us surpass the cheating squibs before our VFL/AFL centenary

Remove this Banner Ad

Back