Post your Speedtest.net results

Remove this Banner Ad

getting NBN installed next week, so gonna chuck up pre NBN and post NBN speeds to compare them.

5ag9qqp.png

Lucky you getting NBN.

No Idea when I get it

finally got nbn up and going after a couple of phone calls back and forth from Telstra.

Old ADSL2 Internet speeds
Ping - 18 ms
Download - 3.08 mb/s
Upload - 0.88 mb/s

New NBN Speeds are
Ping - 92 ms
Download - 23.24 mb/s
Upload - 4.36 mb/s

Do you guys have Foxtel or the grey foxtel box installed on the side of your house?

Cable DSL is soooo much better than that cooper rubbish ever was and ever will be.
I get 30+ Mbps almost 24 hours.

View attachment 275424
Yeah, I have that grey box on the side of my house

My area is scheduled to have NBN put in early 2017. Luckily I'm out of the country next week and won't be back until then so hopefully by the time I get back I'll be coming home to a respectable internet speed that is in line with modern standards

Yeah, I have that grey box on the side of my house

My area is scheduled to have NBN put in early 2017. Luckily I'm out of the country next week and won't be back until then so hopefully by the time I get back I'll be coming home to a respectable internet speed that is in line with modern standards
Man you have some reading to do.

NBN is s**t. Especially if its FTTN and not FTTP.
You have to pay for the better services.

Telstra Cable is cheap, reliable and more than fast enough.

Man you have some reading to do.

NBN is s**t. Especially if its FTTN and not FTTP.
You have to pay for the better services.

Telstra Cable is cheap, reliable and more than fast enough.
I was told my area couldn't get cable or something :huh:

I was told my area couldn't get cable or something :huh:
That's ****ed. The Telstra coaxial network only stretches so far.
If your house has the little grey box your good to go. If everyone in your area with foxtel have the dish on the roof you're probably stuffed.

Almost better with a 4G wireless connection if you get decent coverage. Bit exxy though $$$

That's stuffed. The Telstra coaxial network only stretches so far.
If your house has the little grey box your good to go. If everyone in your area with foxtel have the dish on the roof you're probably stuffed.

Almost better with a 4G wireless connection if you get decent coverage. Bit exxy though $$$
I don't have foxtel but my neighbour had to get the dish installed on his roof. I guess I'm stuffed
:(

I don't have foxtel but my neighbour had to get the dish installed on his roof. I guess I'm stuffed
:(
Sounds like it :mad:

Look up adsl modem/line latency tests.
You can improve your connection speeds with a few tweaks. Also have the line checked for faults and have your provider to change your connection at the exchange. Good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just got NBN. Went from about 6ish to about 1-2 MBPS last couple of months (while they were rolling out the NBN). Getting 18-23 on NBN (only on the 25 max plan). Thinking of going to the 100 plan (extra $20 a month).

Still 10 times the best that can be done here for at least another 4 years
Ended up crapping itself... spent a weekend without internet. Sent a tech out, fixed something around the corner...next minute, 80mbps. Great success!

That's stuffed. The Telstra coaxial network only stretches so far.

Can you explain this. I have Foxtel and a Dish. My speeds are above with ADSL2+. I don't have the $$$ . What are the issues and what solution would you advise? Thanks.

Can you explain this. I have Foxtel and a Dish. My speeds are above with ADSL2+. I don't have the $$$ . What are the issues and what solution would you advise? Thanks.
Foxtel with a dish is obviously via satalite where as foxtel for the inner suburbs of most major cities receive their foxtel through telstras coxial nextwork which is under ground and with a littke grey bix connecting to the house.
Only people who have signed up for foxtel via cable will have the connection and the grey box, but that's not to say telstras cable network doesn't go past your house. But it is unlikely if you receive your foxtel via satalite.

Telstra offer ASDL internet via their coxial cable, copper phone line and nbn fibre networks.

As for the 4G. Look it up.
You can get a complete wireless Internet connection that's as fast as ADSL2 if not faster but you'll need to be with in range and buy the gear to make it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back