Week 23 - Yoganup, WA

Yoganup Eagles - cannavo
Yoganup-Eagles-IAFC-Entry.png

1 more letter revealed in 2nd post!

Competition Postponement
Postponement of IAFC - Returning 4/1/21
IAFC-Postponed.png
Due to lack of interest, the IAFC will be postponed until January 4, 2021
I feel the past few weeks have been forced and with other competitions on the horizon, I think it's time to not stress about it and give it a break

The cup will be reduced from 32 teams to 24 to prevent this competition from dragging on and not forcibly churn out the final spots and constantly wait for entries. The current 2 competitions will be voided and when the competition returns 4/1/21, Week 24 will be the last week to grab a team. There are 12 Australian teams so the last one will be International. Apologies for any inconvenience, if you were making an entry, save it! It could be the one that gives you the final place in the cup!

The cup bracket will be adjusted, 16 teams who had the lowest winning margin in the polls will be drawn against each other in the qualifiers and the winners of those go through to the Round of 16 and will match up with any of the other 8 teams who had a greater poll margin​

Last edited:
Postponement of IAFC - Returning 4/1/21
View attachment 1029160
Due to lack of interest, the IAFC will be postponed until January 4, 2021
I feel the past few weeks have been forced and with other competitions on the horizon, I think it's time to not stress about it and give it a break
The 2 current competition threads will stay up so come January 4, I can copy the contents to a new thread. If you want to chuck an entry in one of them, by all means go ahead. Your entry will be polled amongst the others after 1 week of the restart​

To be honest I think one of the issues for this competition is the length. People just lose interest when a comp runs too long, even with the changing location there are just too many of basically the same thing each time.

The only real long term competition that I could see working at some point would be a Kit of the Week style one where the kits/themes being designed are from a variety of sources rather than the same each week.

To be honest I think one of the issues for this competition is the length. People just lose interest when a comp runs too long, even with the changing location there are just too many of basically the same thing each time.

The only real long term competition that I could see working at some point would be a Kit of the Week style one where the kits/themes being designed are from a variety of sources rather than the same each week.
Now that you've mentioned it, if I do get the green light to run a second cup, I wanted to have 16 teams and limits per user to prevent this comp from dragging on like it has and prevent monopolies. With the tweaks and revisions throughout this comp, I'm hoping I'll home in on a system that works. This was originally going to be a normal weekly comp but I brought the best of both worlds (weekly comp turning into a cup) into one which is a first here if I'm not mistaken.

It got me thinking, it is possible to run a 24 team knockout cup and at this point I'd be continuously bumping the Week 24 thread to no avail. So once the breaks over, Week 24 will be the last chance to grab a team and I can finally wrap this up (and reveal the teasers).

What If Wednesdays is a prime example of long running comps that stayed active but I guess with the content on offer in that comp, it had every reason to draw in entries.

Last edited:
Now that you've mentioned it, if I do get the green light to run a second cup, I wanted to have 16 teams and limits per user to prevent this comp from dragging on like it has and prevent monopolies. With the tweaks and revisions throughout this comp, I'm hoping I'll home in on a system that works. This was originally going to be a normal weekly comp but I brought the best of both worlds (weekly comp turning into a cup) into one which is a first here if I'm not mistaken.

It got me thinking, it is possible to run a 24 team knockout cup and at this point I'd be continuously bumping the Week 24 thread to no avail. So once the breaks over, Week 24 will be the last chance to grab a team and I can finally wrap this up (and reveal the teasers).

What If Wednesdays is a prime example of long running comps that stayed active but I guess with the content on offer in that comp, it had every reason to draw in entries.
8 teams with the biggest margins go through to the round of 16 and then the other 16 play off for the last 8 spots, straight knockout from there? Would work well I reckon.

8 teams with the biggest margins go through to the round of 16 and then the other 16 play off for the last 8 spots, straight knockout from there? Would work well I reckon.
Yep bang on, I edited the postpone post with that exact format at around 1am
As it stands, there are 9 teams that fit in the top 8 margins group. Luckily due to 1 team requiring extra time for a win (despite being tied first for biggest margin), they've been moved into the bottom 16 as the original margin was 0 in regulation time.

10 days till the return of the final week
Little teaser: The last team will be from Central Europe
3 more letters added to the teaser in 2nd post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Week 24 - Berlin, Germany

Berlin Bears - fancyscum
Berlin.png

Teaser revealed in 2nd post

Thanks to those who watched it live! Peaked at 5 viewers
Here's the upcoming fixtures. Starting Monday 18/1 Qualifying-fixture.png

After the qualifying games are complete, the winners will face those who made it straight into the Round of 16
Game-Fixtures-Graphic-Round-of-16.png

The updated cup bracket
IAFC-Cup-Bracket-First-Round.png

An eventful last few days for the qualifiers! 0,1 & 2 points separating 5 games including an extra time in match #8. Montevideo and Abidjan making an impressive start but can they keep their momentum? Huge game for Shanghai as the sole entrant play their first game. 6 of the 8 winners made the most of their first post (home field) advantage. A huge double-derby game (Dubbo vs Yagoona West) as 1 owner sees their 2 NSW sides clash!

Qualifying-Games-Results-+-Extra-Time.png

IAFC-Cup-Bracket-Round-of-16.png

Game-Fixtures-Graphic-Round-of-16.png

Big ups to the travelling SFA mob for providing an extra 45 votes compared to the qualifiers!
Once again, the home field advantage favouring 6 out of the 8 and arguably the biggest upset as Montevideo exit at the hands of Albury. Plenty of lead changes in the Kampala v Bangkok & Millner v Abidjan clashes but the home sides came out on top in the end. Cannavo's 8 teams shrink to just 2. Yagoona West ties the all-time highest finals margin (9) with their convincing 13-4 win over Dubbo. Shanghai's dream of a solo entry cup run ends as the Roosters edge them our 7-11. Speaking of double owner clashes, Fancyscum finds himself staring at another fixture against his own sides! No matter the results, there won't be a double owner clash in the Semi finals, although a double owner Grand final is still possible :oops:

Round-OF-16-Games-Results.png

IAFC-Cup-Bracket-Quarter-Finals.png

Quarter-Finals-Fixture.png

Quarter Finals thread up!

Last edited:
A day to forget for the travelling away fans. We have an all-International semi and all-Aussie semi for a true Inter-Aussie Final! Another upset as the Yagoona West have their cup run cut short at the hands of Mildura after multiple lead changes. Hyderabad edging out Kampala 7-5, Yokohama making light work of Albury by 7 votes and in the double owner clash, the Bengals come out on top plucking the Roosters 9-5. All of cannavo's 8 teams have been sent home! We have a dilemma here! For both Semi finals, it's Fancyscum vs Sunsphereparker!
Will experience shine through or will the breakout season dream continue?!

Quarter-Finals-Results.png

IAFC-Cup-Bracket-Semi-Finals.png

Semi-Finals-Fixture.png

The home sides collapse at the 2nd last hurdle. Yokohama progress to the Final and absolute drama unfolded in the Mildura VS Millner semi final in extra time as we witnessed our second own goal! The 3rd place playoff is underway, a little teaser for the build up to the Final. Both games have the same opposing owners once again!

Semi-Finals-Results.png

IAFC-Cup-Bracket-Finals.png

3RD-Place-fixture.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back