Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Random showerthought poll

Given our list, if you could pick only one of these players to join Sydney next season, either for immediate success (next 2 years) or future success (4+ years from now), who would you pick?

Marcus Bontempelli
Andrew Gaff
Brodie Grundy
Jeremy McGovern
Tom Lynch (GC)
Brodie Smith

I'd take McGovern.
When he plays he has a presence few players have, other than Buddy, Ablett, Danger & Dusty, but this guy is a defender. A bit like Shane Warne, even a s**t ball turned into a good ball because his presence made the opposition have to change the way they would bat.
McGovern patrols that backline to the point that you have to go into the game with a game plan centered around stopping him.

That's who we need down the other end opposite to Buddy & we increase our chances of winning a p'ship 10 fold IMO.

Get McGovern whatever it costs & if we must lose a 'good' player, then so be it.McGovern would make a difference.
I don't know how, maybe front load a 6 year deal giving him $1.4M in his first year to help make the move better & then 800K for each of the next 3 years, when some of our other players' contracts are up for renewal, & then in years 5 & 6, when Buddy is done, give him $1.1M each year.
That's $6M for 6 years which is less than what others are offering & the $1.4M up front & $1.1M finish will scare away clubs from matching it.

Just a scenario which may get the job done. I mean, $1.4M we will have with Tippo's contract done & Macca & a few others done.

Make him a Swan I say.

I'd like Port in the top 4 instead of Richmond (ain't going to happen but a girl can dream), all top 4 non MCG teams :thumbsu:
Yes, it took a bit of work, but all away games except I reckon Gil would make the Cats play at the MCG

Yes, it took a bit of work, but all away games except I reckon Gil would make the Cats play at the MCG
Isn't there a requirement in the 2018 AFL - MCG recently-signed agreement about there must be a MCG final game played?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grand Final
giphy.gif

the Sydney Swans every time they see those two words.

That's much to realistic :p

Ps How did you shrink it? I couldn't do it...

If you are on a computer just shrink your screen (Ctrl & -).

If your on mobile/tablet I dunno

Tried tiering our players; taking position into account.

Stars ("A Graders"):
Josh Kennedy
Lance Franklin
Dane Rampe
Heath Grundy

Good players ("B Graders"):
Jarrad McVeigh
Isaac Heeney
Tom Papley
Luke Parker
Nick Smith

Role players ("C Graders"):