Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

RW

Cancelled
10k Posts Sydney Forum Service Medal Sydney Swans - Jake Lloyd 2020 Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor Sydney Swans - Harry Cunningham 2019 Player Sponsor Ex-Moderator Sydney Swans - Gary Rohan Player Sponsor 2018 Sydney Swans - George Hewett Player Sponsor 2017 Sydney Swans - Callum Mills Player Sponsor 2016 Podcaster
Jan 11, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney

Poor old reg

Remember he used to come in mostly when roosy was shitty with davis

Loved him as a forward, still do. Whenever he's thrown forward he manages to kick a goal or two.

I annoys me when people think because you support a city's sports team you are from that city or are connected to that somehow. While I may barrack for the Swans I didn't grow up going for walks around Darling harbour or Lake oval. It's just one of those little things that shouldn't annoy me but does...

Sanecow

Premiership Player
Mar 10, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
I annoys me when people think because you support a city's sports team you are from that city or are connected to that somehow. While I may barrack for the Swans I didn't grow up going for walks around Darling harbour or Lake oval. It's just one of those little things that shouldn't annoy me but does...

I've had people try to troll me by calling the Swans "South Melbourne" but I'm not from Sydney, so it's not very effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney
Being from Sydney, what suburbs made up the South Melbourne heartland? I've seen the thread on club heartlands, but the maps only show the current Vic teams, they don't show the traditional South Melbourne suburbs.
South Melbourne, Albert Park, Middle Park probably even into StKilda, Port Melbourne, Garden City, StKilda Rd was a few hundred meters from Lakeside, Sth Yarra/Prahran, even the CBD.. It is the best location in Victoria for a sporting precinct and a premier football ground, its a travesty that it was South that was relocated.

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney
I've had people try to troll me by calling the Swans "South Melbourne" but I'm not from Sydney, so it's not very effective.

I don't know why you would consider it a troll I am proud when someone says that.

I actually find the opposite here in Melbourne, someone asks me who I support and when I reply "Sydney Swans" they give me that look, yeah you all know that look... until I qualify it with "born and bred in South Melbourne mate" then their whole facial expression changes and you get that football supporters respect.

Victorian football supporters and their beliefs can be strange sometimes, its like a religion.

I don't know why you would consider it a troll I am proud when someone says that.

I actually find the opposite here in Melbourne, someone asks me who I support and when I reply "Sydney Swans" they give me that look, yeah you all know that look... until I qualify it with "born and bred in South Melbourne mate" then their whole facial expression changes and you get that football supporters respect.

Victorian football supporters and their beliefs can be strange sometimes, its like a religion.

Are there people wandering the streets in victoria asking who everyone supports?

baja

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2010
Bass Strait
AFL Club
Sydney
Are there people wandering the streets in victoria asking who everyone supports?

I actually thought it a normal first question here in Vic wherever you go and whoever you meet, especially from those wearing colours, a cap, a sticker whatever..

I actually thought it a normal first question here in Vic wherever you go and whoever you meet, especially from those wearing colours, a cap, a sticker whatever..

I found when i fly in wearing my stuff u get a lot of toots in your footy gear, but i just assumed it was the ladies

We play our best Footy when we are running hard and carrying of the HB ( big part of our game ). Rohan has spent a month now in the 2s off the HB and yesterday his spoiling and defensive side to his game was good , also he has a long a very neat kick. If the leg is right and his fitness is up to running out a full game at senior level and form is worthy of selection I think he should come back in ( when ready ) as it would add even more pace and carry from our back half where we normally set up our counter attack from. I have noticed Mal has been playing off the wing this year a little more and pushing forward , so I would love to see him and mal rotating HB/wing , would cause opposition teams grief. U cant stop Mal , Rohan , Shaw , Rampe all at once even Laidler has been getting better so it could be very demerging.

Shaw looked tired

I think we need to be more willing to rest guys like malceski shaw etc and try a rohan off half back

Rotate mid guys out, maybe take the subs vest one week

Geelong have been masters of managing minutes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back