Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Neroli Meadows, the latest 'chosen one' to save the sinking ship that is the Footy Show.

Hope she's on good dollar, too good for that crap otherwise.
Gee's I thought that ship had actually sunk and the barnacles had started growing!

Poor Neroli Meadows, the latest 'chosen one' to save the sinking ship that is the Footy Show.

Hope she's on good dollar, too good for that crap otherwise.

The worst part will be the inevitable chorus of sexist and misogynistic cries that Meadows herself is to blame when the ship sinks.

They were the best team last year and get a fitter Dusty and Tom Lynch on top?

They were the second-best team last year and in a relatively weak season as well (let’s not forget we fell a few goals short of finishing top four last year... us....)

I actually think they are going to suffer the same fate of every other top side who has choked big-time while on the cusp of glory. See: us in 2015, West Coast in 2016, Adelaide last year. I think there is merit to the idea of mental demons in footy and Richmond probably have the biggest ones on their back of any finalist from last year.

Vale Ian Thorogood (sp?). Triple Premiership Demon defender and in some ways an early prototype of an attacking hbf.

Worked for Norm Smith as an assistant coach at South. Met him in my late teens and he struck me as a really good bloke.

SEN are replaying an interview with him tonight at at 11.00 pm

Ronke

Anyone think theres scope for him to turn into a back pocket?

So. Could it be done? Would be handy.. a defender that we could move forward just to shake things up, or no good matchup, or just being beaten/out of form and needs to reset.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ronke

So. Could it be done? Would be handy.. a defender that we could move forward just to shake things up, or no good matchup, or just being beaten/out of form and needs to reset.

Promising young goal sneak

Yep send him back

Ronke

Like your thinking. Have wondered that myself. Has many of the attributes.
Looks to me as if he won't make the side first up. Watch NEAFL with care as Smithy may be cooked.

On those figures, the Bullies, Norf, CarlCrims and Saints are in a bit of strife. In our games against the above, I reckon Bloods fans comprise at least 40% of the crowd.

You're right about Hawthorn. A truly lolworthy result. They are tenants of the best ground, supposedly have a huge membership and a recent history of success.

On those figures, the Bullies, Norf, CarlCrims and Saints are in a bit of strife. In our games against the above, I reckon Bloods fans comprise at least 40% of the crowd.

You're right about Hawthorn. A truly lolworthy result. They are tenants of the best ground, supposedly have a huge membership and a recent history of success.

In fairness, I think their number probably drops a little due to their Tasmania games having smaller crowds, but still, it's a pretty poor number for a club with such a massive following.

In fairness, I think their number probably drops a little due to their Tasmania games having smaller crowds, but still, it's a pretty poor number for a club with such a massive following.

Ash. I was wondering whether the Tas home games played by Norf and Hawthorn were included or excluded.

Ash. I was wondering whether the Tas home games played by Norf and Hawthorn were included or excluded.

I assume they would be, as they would be counted as home games against non-local clubs. But even still they have nearly 80,000 members and are afforded the luxury of getting to play in a 100,000 seat stadium majority of the season. I'm sure Kennett knows those numbers and would be tearing his few remaining hairs out.

I assume they would be, as they would be counted as home games against non-local clubs. But even still they have nearly 80,000 members and are afforded the luxury of getting to play in a 100,000 seat stadium majority of the season. I'm sure Kennett knows those numbers and would be tearing his few remaining hairs out.

Of course the drop in attendances coincided with Lord Jeff's return.

The table is a bit confusing because it says "Home State".. I suspect Hawthorn has many fair weather fans who don't turn up unless the side is doing well.

Of course the drop in attendances coincided with Lord Jeff's return.

The table is a bit confusing because it says "Home State".. I suspect Hawthorn has many fair weather fans who don't turn up unless the side is doing well.

I'm assuming they mean the team that is home in that state. So if it's a Hawthorn and Brisbane game, neither is a Tasmanian team, but Hawthorn are the home team there. Just like GWS would be the home team in a ACT game. (Unless I'm wrong..)

GWS were worse than GCS. They must be so grateful that they got so many better draft picks and concessions. They never should have started them in the first place. Canberra and Tassie should have taken precedent.

Would not give Canberra a brass Razoo, let alone a footy team.

Yep give Tas a team. Move Norf or CarlCrims there full time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back