Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

You don’t think he’s been a factor in our membership numbers being what they are?

To a degree, but if we didnt have buddy who do we have instead
maybe we have a better balanced team?

i think we have a larger portion of fans than just fans who want to see a big name than we think, but buddy would have been a positive impact on the numbers

It’s impossible to answer that. He has changed the course of this club’s history IMO, it’s like one of the alternate timelines from Back To The Future.

i think we have a larger portion of fans than just fans who want to see a big name than we think, but buddy would have been a positive impact on the numbers
I think its a combination of both. They initially come to see Buddy and what all the hoo ha is about and then fall in love with the game. I don't believe a lot of our current fans/members would have bothered in the first place without the big draw card.
It will be interesting to see the effect of not playing finals has on membership next year.

So just got an email from the parents of a student that I taught the last 3 years. Student and her father are die hard swans and after a few years of gentle persuasion finally convinced mum that getting her daughter and hubby a membership for their birthdays last year was a good idea. While they have enjoyed the footy this year despite the lack of success, student signed up for the junior clinic this morning. Email has a photo of student with Isaac who she absolutely adores. The look on her face is just priceless. Happy as a pig in s**t. Brings back memories of the pure joy I got as a kid getting to say hi to the players. Much as we get frustrated with the club sometimes, it is a good reminder just to enjoy the sport for what it is. A bit of enjoyment away from day to day life.

So just got an email from the parents of a student that I taught the last 3 years. Student and her father are die hard swans and after a few years of gentle persuasion finally convinced mum that getting her daughter and hubby a membership for their birthdays last year was a good idea. While they have enjoyed the footy this year despite the lack of success, student signed up for the junior clinic this morning. Email has a photo of student with Isaac who she absolutely adores. The look on her face is just priceless. Happy as a pig in s**t. Brings back memories of the pure joy I got as a kid getting to say hi to the players. Much as we get frustrated with the club sometimes, it is a good reminder just to enjoy the sport for what it is. A bit of enjoyment away from day to day life.
A few more smiles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

need a new guernsey now

need a new guernsey now

Honestly nothing more Sydney than being sponsored by a real estate website. I swear about half the conversations I have with people are about rental or property prices

Honestly nothing more Sydney than being sponsored by a real estate website. I swear about half the conversations I have with people are about rental or property prices

and dreaming of owning some one day in the distant future

Gotta love a hotel when you open the fridge and theres a complementary box of tim tams

Get an ad blocking plug in for your browser. I use AdBlock Plus. Not a gold member on here, I see no ads. Currently the plugin is telling me I would otherwise be seeing 19 ads on this page...
Can recommend it cadsky works a treat on my ipad

Can recommend it cadsky works a treat on my ipad
Using it now. It's working well. The only annoying thing with it is that it seems to run a little slower than chrome but I guess that's a fair price to pay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back