Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely this isn’t Sam Newman attacking a teenage girl? Suuuuuuurely not :rolleyes:

View attachment 752837

You want to end this ridiculous attack with a "that who"?!

I reckon that little girl could probably write something more grammatically correct than that out of touch, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, ignorant, egotistical old fool... IMO.

You want to end this ridiculous attack with a "that who"?!

I reckon that little girl could probably write something more grammatically correct than that out of touch, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, ignorant, egotistical old fool... IMO.

The out of touch, racist, homophobic, misogynistic, ignorant, egotistical old fool wants to end his attack with "that who", not me :p

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Okay, but I didn’t do that.
In response to Newman's bile:
if anyone wants to stand up in front of the world and lecture us on how we should live our lives they should expect to be challenged on what they say - regardless of their age or gender.
'

What was your intent with that response? It served no purpose other than to say 'Oh well, it's what you get.' and weakens any condemnation you made of Newman's post.

DavyRed

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
In response to Newman's bile:
'

What was your intent with that response? It served no purpose other than to say 'Oh well, it's what you get.' and weakens any condemnation you made of Newman's post.
Good grief, it does nothing of the kind. Condemnation of Newman’s ridiculous and offensive comments is in no way undermined because I have the view that if she wants to operate on the world stage lecturing all and sundry she has to accept having her views vigorously, and appropriately, tested. Some want their cake and eat it - listen to her, take her seriously regardless of how old she is but, oh, don’t question her, because of how old she is.

Anyway, this is all way off topic, even for this thread, so I’m done. Feel free to pm me if you still have a problem.

Kummerspeck

Cancelled
Pokemon is Life
Sep 12, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Good grief, it does nothing of the kind. Condemnation of Newman’s ridiculous and offensive comments is in no way undermined because I have the view that if she wants to operate on the world stage lecturing all and sundry she has to accept having her views vigorously, and appropriately, tested.
But her views being vigrously and appropriately tested has absolutely nothing to do with what Newman said. You introduced it as a qualifier after "Well of course I don't approve of Newman's comments, buuut..."

Some want their cake and eat it - listen to her, take her seriously regardless of how old she is but, oh, don’t question her, because of how old she is.
Personal abuse of her isn't the same as a measured questioning of her position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

74D1ABBC-68DA-4CE1-ABFF-E83EA4B3618D.jpeg

Apr 21, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Got myself a Kayo subscription and of course the first thing I'm watching is the 2012 GF.

Nearly finished the first quarter, some thoughts:

- LRT is a legend. Just saw his tackle on Hodge, pity he missed the goal. Lewis being a moron afterwards is not surprising.
- Pyke is better than Callum Sinclair.

I’m forever confused as to why the moderators on the MB have allowed it to descend into a cesspool.

Maybe doing their own version of click bait for advertising.
I have never read the main board in my whole time as a member here and don't think I ever will. Doesn't seem like I'm missing out on much either.

Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
I have never read the main board in my whole time as a member here and don't think I ever will. Doesn't seem like I'm missing out on much either.
I generally make a point of having an occasional read but rarely comment.
It’s just really frustrating seeing it be such a piece of garbage.

Was bored so calculated the value of all of the player for draft pick trades that we have been involved in since Craig Bird was traded in terms of Craig Birds.

Mitchell is the highest with a value of 76.56 Craig Birds, while Thurlow is the lowest being worth only 2.44 Craig Birds. Jones could be worth anywhere between 25.19 (in the event that Fremantle win the premiership and we get the spoon) to 53.38 (the opposite scenario) Craig Birds.

YEARTRADEDPLAYERCRAIG BIRD INDEX VALUE
2016​
OutTom Mitchell
76.56​
2019​
OutZak Jones (max)*
53.38​
2018​
OutDan Hannebery
32.81​
2019​
OutZak Jones (min)*
25.19​
2016​
OutToby Nankervis
20.69​
2019​
InLewis Taylor
18.88​
2017​
OutSam Murray
13.50​
2018​
OutGary Rohan
7.69​
2018​
InRyan Clarke
7.69​
2018​
OutNic Newman
7.69​
2019​
OutDarcy Cameron
4.44​
2018​
InJackson Thurlow
2.44​

Was bored so calculated the value of all of the player for draft pick trades that we have been involved in since Craig Bird was traded in terms of Craig Birds.

Mitchell is the highest with a value of 76.56 Craig Birds, while Thurlow is the lowest being worth only 2.44 Craig Birds. Jones could be worth anywhere between 25.19 (in the event that Fremantle win the premiership and we get the spoon) to 53.38 (the opposite scenario) Craig Birds.

YEARTRADEDPLAYERCRAIG BIRD INDEX VALUE
2016​
OutTom Mitchell
76.56​
2019​
OutZak Jones (max)*
53.38​
2018​
OutDan Hannebery
32.81​
2019​
OutZak Jones (min)*
25.19​
2016​
OutToby Nankervis
20.69​
2019​
InLewis Taylor
18.88​
2017​
OutSam Murray
13.50​
2018​
OutGary Rohan
7.69​
2018​
InRyan Clarke
7.69​
2018​
OutNic Newman
7.69​
2019​
OutDarcy Cameron
4.44​
2018​
InJackson Thurlow
2.44​

Given inflation.

How many Craig Birds is Craig Bird worth? and is a Craig Bird in the hand worth more than a Craig Bird in the bush?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back