Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Random unexpected Swans sighting... while browsing photos from a boxing match, who should pop up but one Nick Blakey! He even had the caption, "Nick Blakey attends the such and such..." You've officially made it when you're getting snapped by professional photographers at public events.

Add Blakey to the 'Swans players the general media cares about' category, along with Isaac 'Washboard' Heeney & Buddy 'Bin Day' Franklin.

View attachment 1289145
so no mention of the Swan sitting next to him!

Kiama Chris

Norm Smith Medallist
May 10, 2016
Kiama
AFL Club
Sydney
Random unexpected Swans sighting... while browsing photos from a boxing match, who should pop up but one Nick Blakey! He even had the caption, "Nick Blakey attends the such and such..." You've officially made it when you're getting snapped by professional photographers at public events.

Add Blakey to the 'Swans players the general media cares about' category, along with Isaac 'Washboard' Heeney & Buddy 'Bin Day' Franklin.

View attachment 1289145
With Rowbottom alongside.

Is this a soccer thing?

Och Aye. I suspect robbieando may not be a Celtic fan.

Agree though the picture looks great. Imagine if the Club encouraged members to rock up with red and clear lights for night games.

Pre and Post game they could briefly turn down the main lights, play our anthem and time a 'lightning' light show with thunder claps when we are shaking 'down the thunder from the sky'. Would look great at the ground and on the telly.

Ed_Gein

Very good. But brick not hit back!
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool, Storm.
Och Aye. I suspect robbieando may not be a Celtic fan.

Agree though the picture looks great. Imagine if the Club encouraged members to rock up with red and clear lights for night games.

Pre and Post game they could briefly turn down the main lights, play our anthem and time a 'lightning' light show with thunder claps when we are shaking 'down the thunder from the sky'. Would look great at the ground and on the telly.

Not a fan of that bheastly gangreen brigade, either. lol

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Just having a look at the Foxsports website and this was at the top of the page;

Screenshot_2021-12-11 FOX SPORTS Live Sports Scores NRL, AFL, Cricket Scores.png

It would be appreciated if someone could join please to ensure that we don't miss any AFL news from the WSJ.

And of course by subscribing you will be helping the Murdochs to support truthful, accurate, objective, impartial, fair and accountable journalism.
4e288a2accd1d5f932110000.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His looks remind me of Lord Sidius the Sith lord. (Darth Vader's master).
Nice bloke.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagieus the wise?

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
OK so just had a look at the AFL website and specifically an article about the new numbers handed out by the clubs.

And this photo of the Geelong recruits caught my attention.
Catsnumbers.jpg

Now I'm sure Number 20 (James Willis) is a perfectly fine young man and a promising footballer*, but if I was a Geelong supporter I'm not sure the glasses and the Hitler moustache would inspire confidence.

* Actually I think he looks like a serial killer, who the gatekeeper will bar from the Player's entrance and send him round to where the stattos enter.

OK so just had a look at the AFL website and specifically an article about the new numbers handed out by the clubs.

And this photo of the Geelong recruits caught my attention.
View attachment 1296345

Now I'm sure Number 20 (James Willis) is a perfectly fine young man and a promising footballer*, but if I was a Geelong supporter I'm not sure the glasses and the Hitler moustache would inspire confidence.

* Actually I think he looks like a serial killer, who the gatekeeper will bar from the Player's entrance and send him round to where the stattos enter.

I also saw that photo and really realised that AFL players with glasses is something I am so not used to. Can't think of a single person actually.

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
I also saw that photo and really realised that AFL players with glasses is something I am so not used to. Can't think of a single person actually.
Geoff Blethyn of Essendon back in the 1970s is the only name that comes to mind.
Kicked 107 goals in 1972 and still missed out on the Coleman medal!
Peter McKenna took it with 130 goals.
How times have changed.

2a8318f64b0bc8975d95680aca05cf748cd944d0.jpg

Sep 24, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Interesting snippet about Samo Petrevski-Seton;

https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...il-jumper-numbers-for-new-recruits--c-5035672

During the announcement (of guersney numbers) West Coast also revealed a new moniker for Petrevski-Seton.

“Samo was named after his grandfather, Sam. Since his grandfather passed away, he goes by Samo, to respectfully differentiate from his late grandfather, which is culturally important,” West Coast said on their social media account.

I was aware of the use of images and names after death being important in indigenous culture, but I must admit it never dawned on me as to why he had started to be known as Samo.
Hopefully commentators will respect his decision.

Dustin Fletcher's son Mason
Young Mason had fallen out of love with Aussie rules, and caught the American football bug.
“I got the feeling he just wasn’t enjoying his footy. You could see that he wasn’t enjoying it,” Dustin told The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald.
“He had a good friend from school go over [to America] and do the program 12 months before him and he got picked up by Texas A&M which is a massive college obviously in America.
Against all the odds, Mason’s undefeated Cincinnati Bearcats (13-0) will be aiming to qualify for the College Football Play-off National Championship game when they face the Alabama Crimson Tide on New Year’s Eve (US time, New Year’s Day AEDT) in the Cotton Bowl Classic semi-final match at the Dallas Cowboys’ AT&T Stadium.
Mason will soon be joined in the college football system by brother Max, who has accepted a full scholarship with the Arkansas Razorbacks next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back