Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

I mentioned Tassie revenue. Before that ACT revenue. Before that Sydney revenue. They have been more propped up than a Queenslander

Address the lie.

They didn't invest any money from Tassie in Pokies, which YOU claimed.

Also nice edit in claiming that you didn't say anything about Pokies. Nearly another lie before backtracking to whatever response that is.

Really need to stop making things up.

Last edited:
The bickering aside it will be interesting to see how North replace the Tas revenue stream.
Speak for yourself please Horace. The only thing even remotely interesting about North is the bickering their existence leads to.

Speak for yourself please Horace. The only thing even remotely interesting about North is the bickering their existence leads to.

Hehe. I think you may find I am the Norf Boards public enemy number 1.

I'm slowly re-watching the 2012 season as I start to relive the nostalgia of our best teams and figured I may as well do the ratings to see if the thoughts of our players back then hold up over time (at least for me).

R1 Sydney 14.16 (100) vs GWS 5.7 (37)

Ratings
C Bird 8
K Jack 8
-
J Bolton 7
T Richards 7
J Kennedy 7
L Jetta 7
A Goodes 7
N Smith 6
J McVeigh 6
S Mumford 6
A Johnson 6
-
S Reid 5
N Malceski 5
G Rohan 5
M Mattner 5
H Grundy 5
A Everitt 4
-
B McGlynn 3
L Parker 3
L Roberts-Thomson 3
D Hannebery 3
-
H Cunningham (s) 0

Brownlow votes:
J Kennedy 3
K Jack 2
S Mumford 1

POTY votes: (kudos S120)
J Kennedy 5
K Jack 4
C Bird 3
T Richards 2
L Jetta 1

R2 2012
Sydney 14.10 (94) vs Fremantle 12.9 (81)

What a terrible game, no one else should need to re-watch this. So scrappy with terrible skills, and we switched off horribly in the second half. A 40 point half-time lead cut back to 10 in about 10 minutes and had to hold on for dear life.

Ratings
J Kennedy 8
-
A Goodes 7
N Malceski 7
L Roberts-Thomson 6
S Reid 6
A Johnson 6
J McVeigh 6
L Jetta 6
-
G Rohan 5
M Mattner 4
N Smith 4
L Parker 4
-
T Richards 3
B McGlynn 3
C Bird 3
D Hannebery (s) 3
H Grundy 3
M Seaby 3
R Shaw 3
J Bolton 2
K Jack 2
R O'Keefe 2

Brownlow votes:
J Kennedy 3
N Fyfe 2
L Jetta 1

J Kennedy 5
N Malceski 4
A Johnson 3
L Jetta 2
L Roberts-Thomson 1

Tally:

PLAYERR1R2TOTAL
Josh Kennedy7815
Adam Goodes7714
Lewis Jetta7613
Jarrad McVeigh6612
Nick Malceski5712
Alex Johnson6612
Craig Bird8311
Sam Reid5611
Kieren Jack8210
Gary Rohan5510
Ted Richards7310
Nick Smith6410
Jude Bolton729
Martin Mattner549
Lewis Roberts-Thomson369
Heath Grundy538
Luke Parker347
Dan Hannebery336
Ben McGlynn336
Shane Mumford66
Andrejs Everitt44
Mark Seaby33
Rhyce Shaw33
Ryan O'Keefe22
Harry Cunningham00

R3 2012
Sydney 16.9 (105) vs Port Adelaide 12.11 (83)

Another game that was a bit harder than it should have been considering how bad Port Adelaide were back then. A lot of our goals were opportunistic from defensive breakdowns or mistakes rather than through good attacking play; early season rust on display through all three games so far. Parker has a true breakout game that looks pretty much like a prime Parker game, massive first quarter.

Ratings
L Parker 8
-
A Goodes 6
D Hannebery 6
T Richards 6
S Mumford 6
J Kennedy 6
-
K Jack 5
R O'Keefe 5
L Jetta 5
C Bird 5
J White 5
J Bolton 5
J McVeigh 5
H Grundy 4
N Malceski 4
G Rohan 4
M Mattner 4
-
B McGlynn 2
S Reid 2
A Everitt (s) 2
R Shaw 2
A Johnson 2

Brownlow votes:
L Parker 3
D Hannebery 2
T Richards 1

J Kennedy 5
L Parker 4
D Hannebery 3
L Jetta 2
A Goodes 1

Tally:

PLAYERR1R2R3TOTAL
Josh Kennedy78621
Adam Goodes77620
Lewis Jetta76518
Jarrad McVeigh66517
Nick Malceski57416
Craig Bird83516
Ted Richards73616
Kieren Jack82515
Luke Parker34815
Gary Rohan55414
Jude Bolton72514
Alex Johnson66214
Sam Reid56213
Martin Mattner54413
Shane Mumford6612
Dan Hannebery33612
Heath Grundy53412
Nick Smith6410
Lewis Roberts-Thomson369
Ben McGlynn3328
Ryan O'Keefe257
Andrejs Everitt426
Jesse White55
Rhyce Shaw325
Mark Seaby33
Harry Cunningham00

Funny how memory can be so different to actual when re-visiting things like this. My memories of 2012 were that we were like some well oiled machine from round one - yet I know every year it takes a few rounds to work the rust out.

Loving these Scary, keep up the good work.

Last edited:
Funny how memory can be so different to actual when re-visiting things like this. My memories of 2012 were that we were like some well oiled machine from round one - yet I know every year it takes a few rounds to work the rust out.

Loving these Scary, keep up the good work.

We’ll see how I go 😅

scaryness, where have you sourced the games from? Is 2012 still on afl.com?

And if there are any must watch games, whether it was because of the performance of a particular player. Or if it was an exciting contest (preferably with the swans on the right side of the Ledger), it would be great if you can add that to your summary.

Wouldn't mind going back and watching a couple great games from that era.

And if there are any must watch games, whether it was because of the performance of a particular player. Or if it was an exciting contest (preferably with the swans on the right side of the Ledger), it would be great if you can add that to your summary.

Off the top of my head, I'd say the GF that year is pretty much a must watch!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah the AFL website has all games from 2012 in their match videos section, at least on desktop anyway.

I think some games might be missing but hopefully no Swans games.

Will definitely point out the worthwhile games

Off the top of my head, I'd say the GF that year is pretty much a must watch!
Objectively just an absolutely brilliant game of footy as well. The two best sides of the era pretty much at their best. Highlights galore. Momentum swings. And a thrilling last five minutes. Everything you could want in a game.

What causes muscle cramps and how did Glenn Maxwell soldier on?

dehydration. Muscles require a balance of water and electrolytes. If someone drinks too much water, it dilutes the electrolytes.
“If you dilute all the electrolytes, for some reason the muscle gets stuck in this contraction. It can contract, but it can’t relax again,”
second theory goes that there’s a reflex that goes from your spinal cord to your muscle. It contracts the muscle to support your body,” he said.
Any time you take a step, hit a ball or run, that reflex is “turned on”. So if, like Maxwell, you’re doing those actions over and over again, the reflex is turning on and off. That repetition can cause fatigue, which can result in the reflex getting stuck in the “on” position.

I get them nearly every night , i get told to drink more water then i read you can have too much !

try magnesium tablets mate… they help.

I used to have a glass of Schweppes Tonic Water and the quinine seemed to help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back