Power win

Remove this Banner Ad

kirkyno1

Rookie
Jan 26, 2001
South Australia
Whilst disappointed the Power won, they have now matched our record again, two preseason grand finals within the first five years, Crows 1994 and 1995, Power 1999 and 2001. They made the real league finals in their third year in 1999 (same as the Crows in their third year 1993 but they finished eighth whilst we finished third). Is this scary or what?

kirkyno1, can you please do us Port people a favour and never ever compare our team to the Crows again. Also we finished 7th the year we made the finals not 8th. Finally the year you finished 3rd is a bit of a joke. How does a team finish 5th at the end of the minor round, win 1 final and lose 2 and their final ladder position for the year is 3rd.
confused.gif

Originally posted by kirkyno1:
Whilst disappointed the Power won, they have now matched our record again, two preseason grand finals within the first five years, Crows 1994 and 1995, Power 1999 and 2001. They made the real league finals in their third year in 1999 (same as the Crows in their third year 1993 but they finished eighth whilst we finished third). Is this scary or what?

We finished 7th in 1999, get it right. Yeah it is a bit wierd, but please dont compare our records, completly different times, different finals set up different teams, there is no point comparing.

I rarely use the net on the weekend but I just thought I'd log onto to the Port board to congratulate them for last nights win, being the other SA side.

But reading the arrogant, up your arse attitude from some Port supporters I now hope they get their butts kicked next week.

Originally posted by ant:
Yeah, I agree, don't compare us to the Power, we won two premierships in the first 8 years and there's not much chance of them doing that. Good luck to the Power next week though.

hahaha, how can you say that!! Who would EVER of picked Adelaide to win in 97!!! I dont reckon 1 person in australia picked them to come 1st after the shithouse years they had the 3 years before!!! So dont say "Theres not much chance of them doing that. You idiot

I'm not an idiot Macca, I'm saying the Power won't win 2 premierships by the end of their first 8 years. Do you think differently?? Care to make a bet shall we??? I'm saying categorically that the Power will not do as the Crows did and win twice in the first 8 years. At the end of the 2004 season we'll talk again and see who is right and who is the real idiot. I'm feeling pretty comfortable at the moment.....
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ant do you remember the 1st Showdown in 97?, when a young inexperience Port team showed the more experience Crows how to play hard passionate attacking football. That day was the blackest day in Crows history. The Adelaide FC reached rock bottom.

I remember walking out of Football Park that day amused at the at the pathetic looks the Crows supporters had on their faces some were even close to tears. No Crow supporter would of predicted that day that within 18 months you would have 2 premierships.

So just lose that we are better than you attitude because it doesn't take much to turn a season from disater to glory. If within 20 years Port has 3 premierships to your 2 I will be very happy with that.

Originally posted by carb70:

So just lose that we are better than you attitude because it doesn't take much to turn a season from disater to glory. If within 20 years Port has 3 premierships to your 2 I will be very happy with that.[/B]

Carb mate, I reckon you should take a bit of your own advice. You've made the Ansett Cup Grand Final and you're playing great but everything can turn around pretty quickly. You could be right back at the bottom in no time.

I never had an attitude that we were better than you, if anything, Power fans are the ones that have that feeling at the moment. Have you seen the main board?? Plenty of crap about how you have made the preseason grand final and how this is just another chapter in your proud history of making grand finals. Well I've had a gutful.
smile.gif
I just wanted to stand up for my team, that in spite of a few poor years won 2 premierships. What I'm saying is you should respect the Crows achievements and realise that you will not be doing the same anytime soon. (except maybe losing two preseason grandfinals)
smile.gif

Comparing the Power to the Crows is like comparing chalk to cheese.......

Ant,I agree some of us Port people might be going over the top with this Ansett Cup preformance but at least we are talking about the present not the past.

Also I agree comparing Port and the Crows are like comparing chalk and chese. One club is 130 years old with a rich football history and tradition while the other is a 10 year old corporation which is more interested in making money than looking after its members.

Also I agree comparing Port and the Crows are like comparing chalk and chese. One club is 130 years old with a rich football history and tradition while the other is a 10 year old corporation which is more interested in making money than looking after its members.

Now who's talking about the past???

Ant, thats not talk about the past that talking about what the clubs are today.

If you say so but all I hear is of that rich tradition and 34 premierships (all in the past and not in the same competition). Let's call a truce for the time being and agree to disagree, I tired
smile.gif

Cheers Carb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not an idiot Macca, I'm saying the Power won't win 2 premierships by the end of their first 8 years. Do you think differently?? Care to make a bet shall we??? I'm saying categorically that the Power will not do as the Crows did and win twice in the first 8 years. At the end of the 2004 season we'll talk again and see who is right and who is the real idiot. I'm feeling pretty comfortable at the moment.....
smile.gif
smile.gif

You are an idiot Ant. You are taking away the random factor of football. The fact that at anytime any team in teh competition can make a surge and suddenly be a force in the competition. Melbourne finished 15th in 1999, yet worked there way to the grand final in 2000. Adelaide came 11th 11th and 12th in 94-96, even after recruiting players such as caven, bond, jarman etc for the 96 season, yet you still did s**t. Then suddenly out of the blue, to everyones surprise, you won back to back flag. Unless you are some wierdass psychic, you would not of thought in your wildest dreams that they would of done that. I dont think anyone thought the crows would finish in the 8 in 1997 let alone the premiership. Carlton went from 11th to 2nd in 1999. Brisbane finished last in 1998, yet came 4th in 1999.

Unless you are just a typical crows fool, who reckons port are s**t and will stay s**t and thats the way its gonna be, then it just shows how idiotic you actually are. Take away your two premierships and your AFL history is amongst the worst in the league. What i reckon? I reckon your a fool for ruling anything out...I wouldnt mind making a bet. I dont think port will win back to back flags...how often does that happen?? very rarely. The fact that you rule port winning the flag just shows your idiocy. Hey, i wouldnt rule out any team at the moment winning the flag by 2004...each team is capable of coming up and winning...even freo! If you think differently then you really are the idiot.

How long are you gonna rely on your two premierships?? Port supporters get a lot of stick for bringing up their wonderful SANFL history at SANFL games...yet the crows do it a hell of a lot more than port fans ever have

Carb mate, I reckon you should take a bit of your own advice. You've made the Ansett Cup Grand Final and you're playing great but everything can turn around pretty quickly. You could be right back at the bottom in no time.

I never had an attitude that we were better than you, if anything, Power fans are the ones that have that feeling at the moment. Have you seen the main board?? Plenty of crap about how you have made the preseason grand final and how this is just another chapter in your proud history of making grand finals. Well I've had a gutful.
smile.gif
I just wanted to stand up for my team, that in spite of a few poor years won 2 premierships. What I'm saying is you should respect the Crows achievements and realise that you will not be doing the same anytime soon. (except maybe losing two preseason grandfinals)
smile.gif

Comparing the Power to the Crows is like comparing chalk to cheese.......

that is such a hypocritical post. Stand up for your club, good for you...you say you dont have an attitude of crows being better than port, yet you state many times "port wont do what the crows did". I respect the crows acheivements, but that has nothing to do with accepting we wont win 2 premierships in the next 4 years. Your a bigger dickhead than i thought you were. On the same note then Ant, i hope you arent expecting the crows to have any sort of success anytime soon, by the looks of it, youll be having the opposite...so i hope you enjoy your time at the bottom.

Originally posted by Macca19:

How long are you gonna rely on your two premierships?? Port supporters get a lot of stick for bringing up their wonderful SANFL history at SANFL games...yet the crows do it a hell of a lot more than port fans ever have

You're kidding right?? Port fans never bring up all their premierships??? Which in fact count for diddly squat in the AFL. Look mate, once Port actually does something in the AFL, not win some preseason comp., maybe we'll take your team, and your fans seriously.

Now I never said Port was s**t. If anything it's Port fans who think the Crows are s**t which gets up my nose. Gee, we're winning some preseason comp which means nothing, hip hip hooray. I've obviously misjudged you as a typical Port jackass who reckons the SANFL success will immediately translate into AFL premierships. Get a life.

I only meant my initial comment about Port not winning two flags in jest, but you come in and fly off the handle like a jerkoff!! Sure anything is possible but I'm 99.9% sure it won't happen. That's not idiocy, just common sense and knowledge of football.

Macca Statement

"On the same note then Ant, i hope you arent expecting the crows to have any sort of success anytime soon, by the looks of it, youll be having the opposite...so i hope you enjoy your time at the bottom."

Talk about hypocritical. You just preached for half a page about how anything can happen, any team, even Freo can win the Premiership (absolute crap that was) and now you're saying we won't be having anymore success and will be spending a lot of time at the bottom. Now that is hypocrisy. Who's the bigger dickhead I ask?? Now if you're going to go off your brain Macca and call me childish names for, god forbid, having an opinion contrary to a Port supporter, I'll ask that you just ignore my future posts and I'll dismiss yours.

(BTW, I've only called you some names Macca as a poor attempt at recrimination, probably hasn't worked.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back