Podcast Powershop Players Podcast

Who should be the first guest player on the podcast?

• Jarrad Waite

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Ben Jacobs

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Braydon Preuss

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Ed Vickers-Willis

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Scott Thompson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps JMac could be questioned on the amount of pointing he does.
Hopefully this pic of floggard in action could be used as a deterrence...
sym2pw.png

I think players like Benny Jacobs, Hrovat, and LMac would do a great job as extras. Can give it and good banter. Zuhaar, Maj, and Waite are funny too. Ats and Higgo 3rd tier. Maj and Lmac worked well together when they did that tv segment on the footy show.

Great idea by the media team. Good choices and i think they all compliment each other well. JMac is a natural. Wright is a sleeper - this pre-season we've seen more of him in front of the camera and i didn't realise he was this funny.

So much room to grow. Past players segment with: Loogie, Spud, and Narnie.

Get to know the youth: chuck some of the first years in or even players like EVW, Nielson, mountford, Preuss etc. that have been there for a while and it'd be interesting to hear their input.

Heath is a beauty too. Definitely think he could come into his own in this role and spread his wings a little bit.

Ep 2. Tough question - Scott or Joyce? Mmm mmm mmm I'd need more time.

Clarkie got absolutely roasted haha.

JMac is probably filthy about paper, scissors, rock because he's at an elite level. He spends 90% of the game pointing and he refuses to hold tackles just in case he injures his paper, scissors, rock hand. After football he'll probably turn pro:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2016/12/japans-most-intense-rock-paper-scissors-competition/

Yep. Genuinely funny guy. Would kill it.
Wright's voice makes me think he's a jockey.

Actually No Bull (and I’m not s**t stirring here) I’d genuinely like to know the reasoning behind keeping injuries secret? I’m sure you guys have your reasons and as supporters of North, we’d be on board if we understood the logic behind it. At the moment it’s frustrating for supporters.

This is great. We recorded another today and I asked the boys several questions put forward by BF posters. That episode will go up next week - we had to pre-record because some bludger was going to Port Douglas for a week.

If you have any ideas or topics you want covered, I’m happy to accommodate.

Heath

Listed to all three eps over the weekend, Heath. Quality stuff mate. Love hearing an unfiltered perspective from the boys, and it's great to see the personal/fun side of them too.

Must say, you and the club have hit it out of the park this preseason. All the vids, articles, etc have made me feel involved all Summer. My old man and I get on the phone once a fortnight and first thing we talk about is 'did you see x/y/z video from the club?'

NMFC fan engagement must be one of the highest/best in the comp and you all should be applauded.

Actually No Bull (and I’m not s**t stirring here) I’d genuinely like to know the reasoning behind keeping injuries secret? I’m sure you guys have your reasons and as supporters of North, we’d be on board if we understood the logic behind it. At the moment it’s frustrating for supporters.

I’ll do my best to answer with respect to this occasion. I’m in Port Douglas, on leave and got a call about the incident. From there, it’s about getting all the information and making sure it’s 100% accurate.
The last thing you want to do it release flimsy or incorrect information. This can take days. Being away, I’m waiting for the Footy Dept heads to gather all the facts.
If you can release all the information in one fell swoop, it’s always best to do so, as opposed to drip feeding the media - the latter only gives the story a longer life span.
On this occasion, we had the time to gather the info and make sure everything was wrapped up, to avoid an ongoing saga. We were able to release everything we know and there’s nothing left for a Journo to “reveal” (we hope) - including the imposed consequences.
When the police are involved, it’s always more complicated and we also had a third party in the motorcycle rider to consider.
So in this instance certain information had to be passed through many hands before we could make it public ... there’s Jy, the Motorcyclist, police, medical teams at hospital and club, Footy Dept heads, coach, Chairman, board, club lawyer, jy’s Manager, AFLPA, AFL integrity unit, sponsors and me. When you have that many involved as you can appreciate I’m sure, it takes time.
So in a nutshell, we would never attempt to hide an injury like this because it would have been impossible anyway - as soon as he misses a game, questions would be asked .... or he could be spotted in public on crutches ...
The other big factor is the players’ welfare. Yeah, Jy stuffed up, but he’s 19 - who didn’t do something silly at that age?
Does that all make sense? I hope I’ve answered your question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listed to all three eps over the weekend, Heath. Quality stuff mate. Love hearing an unfiltered perspective from the boys, and it's great to see the personal/fun side of them too.

Must say, you and the club have hit it out of the park this preseason. All the vids, articles, etc have made me feel involved all Summer. My old man and I get on the phone once a fortnight and first thing we talk about is 'did you see x/y/z video from the club?'

NMFC fan engagement must be one of the highest/best in the comp and you all should be applauded.

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. No need for applause etc though - because we are just doing our jobs. I know Rob “the dog” Burton and I get a lot of satisfaction out of member feedback and it helps us refine and form what we’re offering you all - after all, if you’re not watching or engaging with the content, we’re doing something wrong!
If you ever want to see or hear anything in particular, please me know:
heath.oloughlin@nmfc.com.au

I’ll do my best to answer with respect to this occasion. I’m in Port Douglas, on leave and got a call about the incident. From there, it’s about getting all the information and making sure it’s 100% accurate.
The last thing you want to do it release flimsy or incorrect information. This can take days. Being away, I’m waiting for the Footy Dept heads to gather all the facts.
If you can release all the information in one fell swoop, it’s always best to do so, as opposed to drip feeding the media - the latter only gives the story a longer life span.
On this occasion, we had the time to gather the info and make sure everything was wrapped up, to avoid an ongoing saga. We were able to release everything we know and there’s nothing left for a Journo to “reveal” (we hope) - including the imposed consequences.
When the police are involved, it’s always more complicated and we also had a third party in the motorcycle rider to consider.
So in this instance certain information had to be passed through many hands before we could make it public ... there’s Jy, the Motorcyclist, police, medical teams at hospital and club, Footy Dept heads, coach, Chairman, board, club lawyer, jy’s Manager, AFLPA, AFL integrity unit, sponsors and me. When you have that many involved as you can appreciate I’m sure, it takes time.
So in a nutshell, we would never attempt to hide an injury like this because it would have been impossible anyway - as soon as he misses a game, questions would be asked .... or he could be spotted in public on crutches ...
The other big factor is the players’ welfare. Yeah, Jy stuffed up, but he’s 19 - who didn’t do something silly at that age?

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Yep that absolutely makes sense. I just assumed it was a training injury so I was expecting to hear from the club. In my case I will definitely keep my mouth shut if I see an injured player and wait to hear from the club. Feel like a bit of a goose now to be honest.

Jy was unlucky or maybe even lucky it was t worse. If I was on a afl list when I was 19 I wouldn’t have lasted 5 minuets.

Hopefully his ankle heals well

Thanks for the feedback, really appreciate it. No need for applause etc though - because we are just doing our jobs. I know Rob “the dog” Burton and I get a lot of satisfaction out of member feedback and it helps us refine and form what we’re offering you all - after all, if you’re not watching or engaging with the content, we’re doing something wrong!

Mr Bull, could you please dedicate an episode to the player's talking about their pets? Grooming tips, exercise regimes, favourite treats, that kind of thing would be amazing.

I'd be happy to come on and talk in 2020.

Cheers Heath. Hopefully the dust settles now and you can return to your Mojitos.

Bzqr2DIllccJtMKfBDh9g-VsXiXBuOauPG4EcOe-QYQ6j1fju1qOMKnkC3B48bBMtSCC0t6lB52CiSZ5=w284-h246-nc

You probably just gained another 50 Nigerian emails providing the email here, and Kangatime now knows the email structure for the coaching staff :)

Super explanation Heath. Worked in both sides of this game for over 30 years and I agree wholeheartedly the most important thing is to make sure you have the facts right. Still do some talking on PR Comms and the first thing I always say is do not tell a lie - it will always come back to haunt you. Can remember doing media interviews from a town outside Chicago whilst on holidays as I was the media 'go to' and there was a mini crisis happening back in Melbourne. As I was doing the media I could hear shots being fired up the road as a local had a dispute with another trying to chat up his GF. That was a little distracting.

Back