Pre Poll Voting - Should it stay or go?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to know why Biden's leading the polls, it's because most Americans aren't on board with the radical liberal social agenda of the inner-city Democrats taking over the party.

In any case, thank you all for confirming that there are people in this forum more interested in American politics than Australian.

Well I live here so what would you expect.

Anyway, if Biden wins the nomination then Trump will win the election. The democratic base may not be with the radical liberal social agenda but the majority of americans are. (if by that you mean socialized medicine and livable wages). If they put up another Clinton then their voters will stay at home. Again.

Everyone strangely silent on this. Up until now, and all election campaign, we've had twitter crazies and ABC lefties frantically retweeting the AEC's updated prepoll figures every day, hoping that everyone was rocking up to "kick Abbott and Dutton out". In fact, the complete opposite. And of course. Liberals are on the whole professional people, have their affairs in order - as if the Labor hordes in bogan electorates were lining up to do so. :rolleyes:

BUT - can anyone help out here - do we know how prepolls favoured the Coalition in 2016 in terms of %?

https://www.smh.com.au/federal-elec...ontest-tightens-to-51-49-20190516-p51o6t.html

The poll also reveals that early voters are favouring the Coalition and that this could be a significant factor in the counting of votes on Saturday night, given forecasts that more than four million voters will cast their ballots early.

Almost one third of voters told Ipsos they had voted early or intended to do so.

Of those who had cast their votes already, 41 per cent said they were Coalition voters while 33 per cent favoured Labor, indicating higher core support for the government in this group than in the electorate at large.

On a two-party basis, those who have already voted favour the Coalition over Labor by 53 to 47 per cent.

That's why I literally asked for the 2016 figures lol. Right after posting the best indication yet we have of the 2019 figures...

So a swing away from the Coalition of 1.6%.

BUT as prepolls favour the older voter...and we know older voters may be more inclined to vote against Labor this time, the swing against the Libs by younger voters may be greater.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BUT as prepolls favour the older voter...and we know older voters may be more inclined to vote against Labor this time, the swing against the Libs by younger voters may be greater.

I scrutineered one of the prepolls for the Vic election, and Prepoll does normally favour the libs. The degree of this bias will soften as Prepoll grows, but it still holds as a general rule

Also don't take too much from polls on Prepoll. They need to ring up and hit people who have prepolled, so the chances are not great, so I'd assume the sample size is pretty shitty

What prepolls are good for is tomorrow. If HTV is 50:50, the alp is in trouble. It needs to be a strong alp response to overcome the Prepoll numbers

Pre-poll always favours the coalition. The usual reasons rolled out are the older Australians tend to vote more conservative and the affluent tend to vote Liberal and are busy on holidays etc with their $$. However it's obvious that prepolling is getting more popular. I'd be happy to keep it, but on provisos that evidence be produced as to why you can't make it to a polling booth. I have pre-poll voted myself, but I live in London so I had to trek all the way into Australia House and vote on Monday.

Well I live here so what would you expect.

Anyway, if Biden wins the nomination then Trump will win the election. The democratic base may not be with the radical liberal social agenda but the majority of americans are. (if by that you mean socialized medicine and livable wages). If they put up another Clinton then their voters will stay at home. Again.

Glad to be proven wrong; and I'm not going to kick myself for not predicting the catonavirus in may of 2019 lol.

the whole world got 'lucky' with that; Biden was a garbage candidate and it was much closer than it ever should have been :/

Wait, why did I just bump this thread? It was on the main page, but the last post was a year ago. Was just reading through it. My apologies, I dont know how that happened.

Might still be relevant considering what we've seen in the US of late tho.

Wait, why did I just bump this thread? It was on the main page, but the last post was a year ago. Was just reading through it. My apologies, I dont know how that happened.

Might still be relevant considering what we've seen in the US of late tho.

Yep, certainly relevant given the latest US election.

It's been shown over there just how important mail in and pre poll voting is for everyone to have their voice heard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back