Preference - GWS OR BRIS?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we play the giants then will have 94,000 Collingwood fans to 200 gws fans
That does sound like the numbers that would be attending from AFL House.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eagles and Tigers are the two best teams in the competition and its a great result that one of them wont make the Grand Final.

Doesnt really matter who we play in the prelim.
Not sure that’s really correct.

I’d think top 6 all have claims when going at their better play.
Pretty much Brisbane a level below as learning about this level. GWS can be hit miss a bit.

Overall it’s just so even.

Richmond are going particularly well but can be vulnerable. Stop Dusty stop Richmond. If we meet them I can see a Maynard stepping up as his minder.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood

Pretty much Brisbane a level below as learning about this level. GWS can be hit miss a bit.

Richmond are going particularly well but can be vulnerable. Stop Dusty stop Richmond. If we meet them I can see a Maynard stepping up as his minder.

Of course its just my opinion but I see Richmond and West Coast as our most dangerous opponents. Its good we dont have to play both of them in the finals.

As for the prelim I see pros and cons between GWS and Brisbane but at the end of the day cant split them and believe we should comfortably beat either.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Of course its just my opinion but I see Richmond and West Coast as our most dangerous opponents. Its good we dont have to play both of them in the finals.

As for the prelim I see pros and cons between GWS and Brisbane but at the end of the day cant split them and believe we should comfortably beat either.
Yes I think you’ve summed it up well.

gopies1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Exactly Brisbane v Richmond in round 23 would of had 15,000 ex Fitzroy fans. Preliminary final they would be 20,000 to Collingwood 75,000!

If we play the giants then will have 94,000 Collingwood fans to 200 gws fans

Seriously tiger_time1989 get off our board!! Seriously Richmond supporters are threatened by Collingwood

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
We need to be weary of what happened against GWS last time to not allow it to happen again simply horses for courses. I'd definitely prefer Brisbane though for sure I doubt to many of there players would've been in such a hostile environment if they make it and that would make a huge difference in my opinion. Nevertheless either one we should be prepared for if we bring the pressure we will win.

Whichever. We need to beat the best to be the best. Whoever wins through will have credible claims to being the better team given the AFL’s doctoring of the fixture to keep previously poorly performing sides competitive on appearances.

Both these sides are great teams and at their best play irresistible footy. Then likely West Coast or Richmond the week after and we need to bring our absolute best for eight whole quarters to deserve it.

partypie

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Green Bay Packers
Giants. Lions finished three games above them for a reason. Plus they have to travel two weeks back to back, not that its a big deal but its a minor factor.

Yes - their draw. Richmond exposed them, although the Lions were competitive in general play in the first half.

Both of them move the ball quickly enough to give us fits if we try to pull any slow play conservative crap out on the ground in a couple of weeks time.

They'll both fold like a cheap suitcase if we can apply early scoreboard pressure in the first half, build a lead and then maintain the buffer from there (by still scoring at a regular clip, as opposed to going 100% conservative / defensive for the last quarter).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been saying for a month or more that they are the worst team in the top five. Would be interesting to see their percentage at the Cattery vs elesewhere. And who they played twice this year.
Geelong would do better to request most of their home games be at the MCG. Then they will line more accustomed to the MCG. It’s true they have a huge advantage at GMHBA with the usual shape of the ground.

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Imagine this.
Last weekend Rich defeated Geelong by 10 pts in the first Qualifying final at the MCG.
And then Collingwood defeated Lions by 47 pts in the 2nd Qualifying final at the GABBA.
I don’t think we’d think we were unstoppable. I think Richmond look better than the are because Brisbane played poorly and ignored some of the match ups you spoke of.

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes - their draw. Richmond exposed them, although the Lions were competitive in general play in the first half.

Both of them move the ball quickly enough to give us fits if we try to pull any slow play conservative crap out on the ground in a couple of weeks time.

They'll both fold like a cheap suitcase if we can apply early scoreboard pressure in the first half, build a lead and then maintain the buffer from there (by still scoring at a regular clip, as opposed to going 100% conservative / defensive for the last quarter).
Yes their draw was worth 3 or 4 wins for them.

Greene has been referred straight to the tribunal for an incident with Bont. I didn’t see the first quarter so is he likely to be suspended?

Wouldn't think it would be a suspension. Doesn't look like he landed on Bont's eye. Probs a week at most.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Imagine this.
Last weekend Rich defeated Geelong by 10 pts in the first Qualifying final at the MCG.
And then Collingwood defeated Lions by 47 pts in the 2nd Qualifying final at the GABBA.
I don’t think we’d think we were unstoppable. I think Richmond look better than the are because Brisbane played poorly and ignored some of the match ups you spoke of.
Brisbane and their kicking, that was some strange stuff.

I’m of the strong view, all can beat all, have to bring our good game and take our opportunities.

That simple.

Scritchyscroony

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle United FC

Wouldn't think it would be a suspension. Doesn't look like he landed on Bont's eye. Probs a week at most.

He's pulling his hair and banging his head in the turf as well... Def looks like an attempted eye gouge. Should be a week based on that. If they get vision proving an eye gouge he should miss 2 minimum.

Bramax

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brisbane and their kicking, that was some strange stuff.

I’m of the strong view, all can beat all, have to bring our good game and take our opportunities.

That simple.
Their kicking was a heartbreaker. Even with the run on Richmond had, the Lions May have only been a goal or so down at 3 quarter time.
We are building some good form at the Pies.

3rdMan

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Giants. Lions finished three games above them for a reason. Plus they have to travel two weeks back to back, not that its a big deal but its a minor factor.
Yeah, that reason is a soft draw and no injuries.

The Giants are definitely the better of the two teams. Whether they have got enough players back early enough to play close to their best next week is the question. A good win against the Dogs suggests they have.

For me the Tigers, Giants and Pies have looked the three best teams all year (Eagles would be 4th a bit below this group, have been inconsistent and too often out coached). All three though have had significant injuries holding them back. There's little doubt that Collingwood or Richmond would have finished top with a better injury run, Giants probably there as well. Lions have had an absolutely dream run and the Cats have been quite fortunate too from memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back