News Pres standing down end 2021

Oct 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Happy to end the Pratt experiment on the board. I don't think we are beholden to their money anymore. Would like to get the Mathieson money out asap too.

As for footy director, I think we have to get a former player in again but can't think of anybody contemporary enough to work with the football department, who also has business nous. Others would be better served to judge this one. Someone the fans can relate to would be nice as well.

A good post ODN. I see you mention the footy director should be contemporary. I don’t know much about how these positions work, but Neal Balme has had a strong amount of success without being that contemporary. So maybe that isn’t important? Interested to hear your views.

A good post ODN. I see you mention the footy director should be contemporary. I don’t know much about how these positions work, but Neal Balme has had a strong amount of success without being that contemporary. So maybe that isn’t important? Interested to hear your views.

Balme isn't a director, but he is contemporary in that he has been working at clubs the whole way through, so he gets to understand the current game, coaching and fitness regimes. He can evaluate what is needed because he is exposed to it on a daily basis.

Transition will be difficult

Who the hell will I applaud after a win and criticize after a loss

As an interested observer on the board, the answer to both is still Marc Murphy.

The time is right for a Female club President (of we have a suitable candidate)

Also thanks for everything Log, best Pres we have had since Richard Pratt.

We have a succession plan for Luke Sayers to step up, so you won't get your wish there.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Luke Sayers has been voted in by the Board unopposed as the next President.

Oh right. Not sure if I support or endorse Chairman/Presidential succession plans, but I will give Mr Sayers every chance and wish him the best of luck.

:carlton:

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods

Sir Cripps of Carlton House
Mar 26, 2015
Bendigo
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melbourne Tigers, Bendigo Braves, OKC
Under his watch, we've become debt free, are no longer under AFL assistance, have put in a plan to move away from pokies revenue, we have record membership (not discounting Liddle's contributions there), have gained funding to redevelop Princes Park, have strong sponsorship after losing a major sponsor during COVID, have started an AFLW team and a much needed standalone VFL side.
I'm sure there's more too.
Best of luck to Sayers.

jj1978

Brownlow Medallist
May 11, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
MMM rumours that Judd and Jeanne Pratt could be leaving as well by the end of the year.

Perhaps Judd is falling on sword over Footy Dept not hitting their KPI's in terms of success.
Prob like Bec stepping down one her radio and tv gigs... whilst their kids are young they want to spend a year or 2 dedicated to more family tim.e

Interesting point re the timing and the board election last year. I have the impression that the end of 2021 is the end of his mandated term as President but i dont recall this being mentioned at all last year.

Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Interesting point re the timing and the board election last year. I have the impression that the end of 2021 is the end of his mandated term as President but i dont recall this being mentioned at all last year.

It definitely has come up before - pretty sure there was talk late last year that he was planning on stepping down at the end of 2021 unless there were no suitable and willing alternatives to take his place.

It definitely has come up before - pretty sure there was talk late last year that he was planning on stepping down at the end of 2021 unless there were no suitable and willing alternatives to take his place.
OK must have missed it.

Sep 16, 2010
Coastal cruiser
AFL Club
Carlton
1619589117756.png

Our new Pres must be related to Vinnie Cattoggio

Aug 26, 2004
CHANEL BOUTIQUE!
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
"Goddess"

OK must have missed it.

LoGiudice would not be drawn at the AGM on whether he would continue as president beyond 2021, saying he had not made a decision.

Under Carlton’s rules, LoGiudice is slated stand down from the presidency – and the board – in 12 months, because of term limits, unless he seeks and receives an endorsement from the members to continue past the 12-year limit (for directors).

TD2010

Club Legend
Aug 5, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Nice one MLG. A pretty successful tenure. Club is now debt free and membership almost doubled. His work on changing the culture during 2015-16 will hopefully have some long lasting effects. Had his shaky moments but who doesn’t over 8 years running a club?

Now to get the on field stuff right:thumbsu:
Totally. Quiet classy exit

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
He doesn't get judged on-field? At all?

Highest finish of his current 8 year tenure: 11th

Perhaps just my $0.02, but I'd have to say football performance should be considered a KPI of a President's Tenure. And on that alone, he's the worst in our history

Like blaming your financial advisor when your investments don't mature within your expectations, even though the timeframe was clear to any reasonable investor

btdg

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Like blaming your financial advisor when your investments don't mature within your expectations, even though the timeframe was clear to any reasonable investor

Was the timeframe clear?

He became president in 2014; at that point in time we were expecting regular finals performances and on field success. We had literally just sacked a coach who went 11-11 for underperforming. Not once in MLG tenure did we even sniff that winning record.

The 2014 recruiting debacle - which was an utter train wreck even in the moment - happened under his watch.

The collapse of the club on-field happened under his watch in 2015.

We were then promised a ‘66-game rebuild’. That was now 6 years ago and we’re a Cripps/McKay free agency disaster away from essentially starting from scratch this offseason. That all happened under his watch.

The repeated butchering of injured players... Docherty, Curnow, Marchbank, etc - all under his watch.

The timeframes were clear enough: and the deadlines completely missed. From an on-field perspective, the last 6 years have been an utter disaster

Back