Preview Preview and Changes: Round 6 - Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Probably half the side should be dropped on recent form, or should it be lack thereof?
But we somehow won last night despite being smashed in most positions, so Daddy D will likely make minimal only changes.
Maybe only possible injuries will be outs for us?

My choice:
Out - McEntee, Farrell, Ratogolea.
In - Mead, Boak (sub), best performing player from SANFL today.

Not sure what sanfl stats are worth these days but Narkle had 20 disposals and 2 goals.

Evans had 22 and 2 but he is a twilight zoner.

But Ben Dixon said he was gone.

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugly game yesterday but I wouldn't be changing up the side too much after a win against a top 8 side.

Definitely need strong runners on the MCG deck.

McEntee needs to go, and given he was subbed yesterday, I'm hoping the coaches are cottoning on to this as well. Three small forwards (DBJ, Rioli and SPP) are enough given the extensive midfield options Port have who can also play forward (Rozee, Butters, JHF etc).

So I'd drop McEntee and bring in Boak for the extra midfield rotation. Keep Mead as the sub.

Dixon was extremely hobbled last night and if he can't go next week it's quite a conundrum as to whether they play just the two KPFs (Marshall and Georgiades) with a further small, or whether they play a second ruck like Sweet which would be my preference given Soldo won't be able to play 96% game time every week as he did last night, with little to no chop out.

If BZT's shoulder doesn't get up, McKenzie is the like for like replacement.

I'd like to see Josh Sinn get a run but I just don't see where he fits in the team right now given the back line is doing pretty well.

Boak to come back and Sinns numbers were good up to half time against West? Did Sinn finish the game?

Think Mead is under pressure to hold on.

Now that the whole midfield is fit and SPP is back, Mead might struggle for a games.

He hasn’t done much wrong, there are just better options ahead of him.
He offers nothing as a sub.

Play sinn as the sub..

We as supporters gained zero from beating a middle table side like Freo, at home, where we should be winning those. Ultimately we got super lucky, after nearly performing another Saturday night Hinkley special, where we really only fluked the win in the dying seconds.

If the club and Hinkley are to prove anything and justify any element of investment from much of the supporter base that had Adelaide Oval sounding like a funeral for 3 quarters last night, then these are the games that means something to that progression.
Made up for the Melbourne game where we were clearly the better team all night but took a reaming from the umpires which essentially cost us the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back