Preview Preview/changes - Round 3 v. Port Adelaide (Viney 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very evenly matched sides. Feel we are slightly behind them without May though when they have Dixon, Marshall and Finlayson to control. We usually put in good showings at AO. Not without a chance, but I'll be picking Port. Butters is a freak and Marshall and Houston are underrated stars.

Hope this two game streak in Adelaide isn't Cairns 2.0 (shudders), got to come away at least 1-1. Think we lose to Port and beat Crows anyway.

2-0 would be glorious though.

Looking forward to Butters having 25 touches a goal at half time only for Goodwin to do absolutely nothing about it and losing by a small margin.

Why aren't people suggesting Oliver as an out anymore? considering we're better without him. Or has that talk just phased out?

Last edited:
Looking forward to Butters having 25 touches a goal at half time only for Goodwin to do absolutely nothing about it and losing by a small margin.

Why aren't people suggesting Oliver as an out anymore? considering we're better without him. Or has that talk just phased out?
Viney a run with role maybe? Gotta leave Trac to run forward and Oliver to get the clearance. I'd like to see Jack take it on.

When did people suggest dropping Oliver? I recall people saying he shouldn't be rushed back for Round 0, but I'd love to know when/where people were suggesting dropping him.

When did people suggest dropping Oliver? I recall people saying he shouldn't be rushed back for Round 0, but I'd love to know when/where people were suggesting dropping him.

To be fair, there's more than enough posts with people saying we'd be better off without him or that he shouldn't be selected in round zero. Dropped is another kettle of fish however.

It's a bit of an inflammatory post, but it does highlight how silly the pile on got for a while before Oliver shut them up.

multiple people last season said that we were better without Oliver last season. I would say almost 50% of the regular posters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did a mini hub in Adelaide in 2020 against the crows and then North Melbourne

I think it's the right call to stay in Adelaide, i think there was some chance they might come back. But facing both the local teams it'd be better to just stay and train over there

Bloke is turning into a cancer at the club. Begs belief blokes here still want him at the club. Absolute flog.

Doesn’t surprise me we performed better with him out.

Correct.

We won more games then losses when Oliver was out with injury.

In that time we also completely changed the dynamic of our midfield set up and became a bit unpredictable with Sparrow and Rivers spending more minutes in there.

It was the most exciting I've seen our midfield play in a while.

Once Oliver came into the team we became one dimensional very predictable with the constant blind bombing inside forward 50 which Oliver was one of our most culprits as highlighted by On The Couch in the first final against Collingwood. Absolutely butchered it that night.
A few of many examples. Utter garbage.

Going into bat for Mich0, but without even knowing the context I can presume this is at the stuff that coming out over off season and some people where emotionally charged at the time

As good as he has been to have back and playing decent footy, and I'm happy for him, that doesn't excuse the pre season just gone

I cant believe someone would speak like that about my favourite player, clearly hes been massive helping us to beat two genuine powerhouses in the Dogs and Hawks the past two weeks. Couldn't have beaten them without him.

A few of many examples. Utter garbage.
Noticed how no one actually said they wanted him dropped? Because they never actually did. You're trying to make up things in your head that never existed.

Based on form last year, we performed better without him out of the side. The wins and losses back that up.

Everyone knows Oliver will never be dropped, that's just an absolute given. What people were saying on here and the point that you completely missed right over your head was that when he was out of the side it gave our midfield a whole new look and was unpredictable at times to the point it caught teams off guard.

There wasn't an overly reliance on Oliver and we had guys step up to share the load which meant it changed the set up and dynamic of our midfield.

Had Oliver not returned back into the senior side this year I would not have been fussed one bit. Guys like Petracca, Viney, Gawn, Pickett, Salem, ANB, River are already capable enough in filling the void of one player.

Oliver was tagged on the weekend which meant someone like Alex Neale Bullen stepped up to the plate and had a much significant influence around the ground. Oliver is playing his role and keeping it simple. There is still the occasional throw it onto the boot and bomb it as high as possible but that's where he needs to know his limitations.

Noticed how no one actually said they wanted him dropped? Because they never actually did. You're trying to make up things in your head that never existed.

Based on form last year, we performed better without him out of the side. The wins and losses back that up.

Everyone knows Oliver will never be dropped, that's just an absolute given. What people were saying on here and the point that you completely missed right over your head was that when he was out of the side it gave our midfield a whole new look and was unpredictable at times to the point it caught teams off guard.

There wasn't an overly reliance on Oliver and we had guys step up to share the load which meant it changed the set up and dynamic of our midfield.

Had Oliver not returned back into the senior side this year I would not have been fussed one bit. Guys like Petracca, Viney, Gawn, Pickett, Salem, ANB, River are already capable enough in filling the void of one player.

Oliver was tagged on the weekend which meant someone like Alex Neale Bullen stepped up to the plate and had a much significant influence around the ground. Oliver is playing his role and keeping it simple. There is still the occasional throw it onto the boot and bomb it as high as possible but that's where he needs to know his limitations.
So you're saying that if you were coach you would not have Oliver in the side?

Oliver is the best player imo and probably the greatest player in my lifetime. We are never better without him. There were many games last year where we played like trash without Oliver in the team.

But all of this talk about Oliver's kicking, why is it that you think that Oliver was tagged on the weekend? Because the opposition coach rates him as the most damaging player in our team.

So you're saying that if you were coach you would not have Oliver in the side?

Oliver is the best player imo and probably the greatest player in my lifetime. We are never better without him. There were many games last year where we played like trash without Oliver in the team.

But all of this talk about Oliver's kicking, why is it that you think that Oliver was tagged on the weekend? Because the opposition coach rates him as the most damaging player in our team.
There were also games where we had Oliver in where we played even trashy football and he was part of that problem.

And Oliver is absolutely not the best player in the competitionlet alone the team. An insult to Christian Petracca first of all as evident by his complete dominance over the weekend with his slick ball use hitting our forwards 50m flat and low to their advantage and also his defensive effort. Not only that, Trac has been very consistent in all 3 games so far this year where as Oliver hasn't.

But let's not facts get in the way of that huh..

Im extremely curious as to why dees fans want clarry dropped. hes such a gun, yes his fitness is down, but that doesnt take away what he is good at, contested ball and clearance
The mistake you made here was believing Danster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back