PSD pick #8 Jack Hannath

Remove this Banner Ad

From 2009 draft profile

Height: 199cm

Weight: 83kg
DOB: 09/07/91
Recruited from: Angaston/Central District
Bio: Developing ruckman who can influence play around the ground. Sounds skills by hand and foot with good vision and awareness. SA U18 representative in 2009 playing four matches for his state. His 3.10secs for 20m was a strong performance for a young tall.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
I am a ruckman that also plays an onballer role as well. I don't limit myself to just ruckwork, but try to win possessions around the ground. I am hard-working and try to draw my teammates into the game.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble, and why?
I feel I resemble players like Mitch Clark and Matthew Kreuzer, ruckmen who are good in the ruck but are then able to present up around the ground and gain possessions.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
I feel I am good below my knees at picking up and maintaining control over the ball. I also feel I have good hands in taking a mark, and giving a quick handball. I also feel my leadership skills are good.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I would like to improve my aggression, particularly in the ruck when jumping against my opponent. I also feel my positioning off the football could also use some work.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
I originally barracked for North Melbourne when Wayne Carey played, however I now barrack for Richmond - i like the players they have on their list, and enjoy the way they play.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My parents and brother have been the biggest influence for me. My parents have always followed and supported my football everywhere I've been. My brother I looked up to and aspired to play like him.

At the draft combine this year he clocked in at 200.6cm's and 97.2 Kg's. So he is big bodied.

Nice size. Interesting choice. Would not want to play poker against FDFC at the moment.

What's the frequency hannath?

Why are we getting another ruck man again?
Probably because we intend to play Clarke as a forward more.

Lyon loves his talls being above 197-199cm+. St Kilda had Kosi, Gardiner, King, Stanley, McEvoy (and a few more I'm probably forgetting) all on the list at one stage. We have Sandi, Griffin, Clarke, Kepler, Hannath, and Moller.

He likes his talls to be tall, his inside mids to be 190cm height and hard at it, and his smalls to have a tonne of pace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7009/newsid/152294/default.aspx

Jack is the first choice ruckman at Central Districts in South Australia.

Still only 21, he has put on size and is able to compete physically with the big bodied ruckmen at SANFL level.

He still needs to get bigger and stronger, but a fair chunk of his physical development has already been done.

Covers the ground well and has good hands and overall skills.

Jack is a very good kick for a big player. Is now physically ready for an opportunity at AFL level.

Jack ran an impressive 10.41 3km at the Draft Combine

Zac Clarke staying beyond 2013 looks less likely by the day.

Have to agree I'm afraid. We now have five ruckmen in our side. Moller will be developing for a while obviously, but there are now three ruckmen competing for one spot.

As for a Kep replacement... maybe. But Kep is a forward before he's a ruck. None of the other fellas are.

Hannath sounds like an alternative/insurance against Zac leaving to me.

Have to agree I'm afraid. We now have five ruckmen in our side. Moller will be developing for a while obviously, but there are now three ruckmen competing for one spot.

As for a Kep replacement... maybe. But Kep is a forward before he's a ruck. None of the other fellas are.

Hannath sounds like an alternative/insurance against Zac leaving to me.
Sandi is a year or two from retiring.
Moller wont be playing afl for 2-3 years.
He fills that void we will have in between.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back