Multiplat PUBG: Playerunknown's Battlegrounds - survival first/third person shooter

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the mass cheaters issue been fixed? I havent played in a few months.
Define fixed.
It's waaaayy better..
I probably feel suss enough to report a player maybe 1 in 10 deaths. Of all those hundreds of reports I have made I've had 2 confirmed bans imposed on the player.

Cheaters still gonna cheat. It's just the perception that it's rampant which couldn't be further from the truth. Most of the time it's some varying degree of desync that brings on the claims of bullshit.

I reinstalled PUBG this past week end and it wanted me to allow BattleEye(?) to access the firewall, I took it as perhaps they fixed the hackers/cheating issue. Looks like they may not. I stopped playing due to too many hacks.
It's PUBG Corp adding their own anti cheat detection in on top of the BattleEYE stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly... im now up to 6-7 second place finishes. So many second places I cant remember how many I have exactly. My latest one was truly unbelievable but I have nobody to blame but myself.

First I shall regale you with a second place from a couple of days. Drop in on Sanhok, all is well, decent guns. An AKM and an M16. Havent seen anyone of yet which is nice. Looting and making my way into the circle, down to around 50. Plane flies overhead and literally it drops it's payload right on top of me.

Usually I steer clear of drops cos it draws too much attention and too much death. But I havent seen anyone all game and this has dropped right on top of me. If im quick I can be in and out. It drops right next to me, I dive in grab Lvl 3 everything and the Groza. Then run.

Find some building to hide in for a bit. About 30 left. I hear a bloke approach the building. He's padding around outside, then jumps into my house, he's walking around in the next room. I have my Groza out, he walks in looking at the ground for loot. I clean him up, he doesnt even get off a shot.

I steal all his meds (thanks mate) and push on into the circle. Im coming in at a great angle as Im bumping into nobody. We're down to 9 now. The circle is closing into a marsh land. Im prone in the water behind a tree. Up on the hill I can see a battle going on. One bloke wins it and then goes prone behind a tree right in my view. I stand to a crouch with my AKM out with a 4x scope on single fire. Pop, pop. Two head shots, he's dead.

Go back to hiding. Over the hill. More gun fire. 8 quickly shrinks to 3 left. But it's marshland with a little crest or hill and I figure they must be over the hill. Still in my hidey hole, just in front of the blue, this bloke comes running past me. He turns just as I stand up to kill him. We battle. But my Groza has a killer firing rate. I drop him. The blue is moving in and he has dropped me to like 10% health. Just as I drop him, the blue envelops me and insta kills me.

*. My. Life. The other bloke on the other side of the hill wins by default.

And onto my second story where I only have myself to blame.

Im on the big map, not the desert one though. Everything is going along swimmingly. Have my favourite AKM and a sniper rifle. Plenty of meds and nades. Circle has closed right on top of me so no need to run and beat the blue. Im up on a cliff side. Excellent spot. Can see all before me and will hear anyone coming from behind.

Numbers continue to dwindle. I see a bloke come up from behind me but he continues on down the cliff and is skirting the blue. He stops to med up and I headshot him. The blue is moving so I move down the cliff and now it's just open field to ahead. Limited hiding spots. I start to crawl in to avoid the blue.

My angles are good again as I have only seen that one bloke who I killed. Everyone seems to be across from me. Sporadic gun fire and the numbers drop fast. All of a sudden four left. Then three. But I get confused as I saw two guys dueling it out across from me. There was four, then three and then two.

I thought I saw the one guy who lived, make it behind a couple of trees across from me. Two left.

So I start to lob grenades at the trees. I lob everything I have, I'm certain he is there. But nothing. The circle gets smaller as im lobbing grenade so I start to crawl forward and little to the left. When all of a sudden I hear someone else crawling. Then right there in front of me and a little to the left is the last bloke crawling in a Gillie Suit. He clearly hasnt heard or seen me. Im like this is it.

FINALLY! My first chicken dinner. I stand up, im literally standing on top of him, I pull the trigger! No bullets come out. Only a red line extending from my hand.

*. In the heat of it all, the blue coming in, the grenades I was tossing, me certain I knew where he was, I have forgotten to get my fun back out. I've still got my grenades attached.

He has heard me stand up and take one step forward to end him. Im panicking cos im throwing a ******* smoke grenade instead of easily killing him and getting a chicken dinner. So while I try to throw the damn grenade away and get out my gun, he now has the drop on me and has killed me.

So, so, dumb. If I had just calmed down. Checked that I had my gun out and on full auto. Then stood up. I would have finally had my chicken dinner.

Dumb....

It's actually not in bad shape on pc atm, just a shame everyone in oce has ****** off and we can no longer get games at a decent ping

Agreed, it’s better - but still some issues. Some of mine may be machine related at my end however.....

Downloaded the update with the new map last night and first impressions were pretty good.

Interesting to not that it gives indicative times on the different playing mode options and whether it is a local or SEA server.

The only local server was a TPP server. No wonder FPP always go to SEA.

Hopefully this improves in peak times for FPP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back