QAFL 2023 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Today I watched one of the best QAFl opening games of the season, Broadbeach vs Aspley ,, what a game , the speed , the skill, the teamwork, the desperation by both sides was unreal for a first round game. Broady went into the game without gun recruit Jacob Townswnd, captain and club legend in Josh Searl , and another gun in Brandon Chadwick ,, in fact our team today contained only 10 players from our Grand Final team last year i thought we were no chance against the might of Aspley. ,How wrong I was.
Anyway for us I thought Jellyman -Turner was best on ground,, and regulars such as Lower. Erickson, Jasper and Gledhill we superb .
Recruit Nickalus showed why he made the WAFL Team of the year last season ,,,this guy is a gun !!

Ok. Mitch Robinson ex-Lions and Carlton player for Morningside
Oh oops haha! I don't watch AFL level footy since 1996ish but I do kindah know who he is! But wasn't on the lookout so probably didn't realise when it was him.

Anyway, here's the goal kicked just as the final siren goes which gave Morningside their first lead since they kicked the opening goal of the match:
View attachment mngsd_v_wg_3.mp4

Oh oops haha! I don't watch AFL level footy since 1996ish but I do kindah know who he is! But wasn't on the lookout so probably didn't realise when it was him.

Anyway, here's the goal kicked just as the final siren goes which gave Morningside their first lead since they kicked the opening goal of the match:
View attachment 1646524
Must have been quite a surprise for you that the drop kick has been phased out of the game.

Tipping results /ladder
well what a round of some surprise results...
Thunder Doc ,,great effort ,, you have tipped the card ,,6 out of 6 , and six tipsters tipped 5,
6; THUNDER DOC
5; DEZARIO. SMY. BUNYIP62.MAGPIE BOY, GOALKICKER. TOUCAN SOUP.
4; STILL ME, QLD CLUELESS, NWO, BIG TEX, BIG E,
.3; MOBBS,VIC LAD,DOMON8,LONGY-ZILL,PUGS,UP IT STUMPY.NOOSA BOY,STUYD,UNSPOKEN BRIZZ,TIME TO RETIRE, MAGPIE BOY. FOOTY BOY ,BUD 63
2; 2010 PREMIER , WIZARD MELON, MUDSTICKS

4;

Best wishes to Croad I’m sure that would’ve been difficult circumstances for both sides. In a footy sense a big loss obviously he’s a gun player but more importantly I hope whatever they need to do assist helps him make a full recovery.

Cracking game of footy at Aspley both sides at various times looked like they’d get the chocolates a draw probably a fair result in the end. Was a great advert for the comp good crowd in attendance and two strong sides to at it all arvo, tough contested game but both sides moved it well at times too. Plenty of mistakes but understandable given the pressure.

On another note pretty sure it was Kuot Thok for Aspley took an absolute screamer in the reserves game wow he stood on shoulders one of the better ones I’ve seen live in a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of chat on here about player points. Here is how it was listed yesterday
50 Wilston Grange
50 Noosa (Have 52 to use)
48 Broadbeach
48 Aspley
44 Surfers
43 Palm Beach Currumbin
42 Redlands
38 Maroochydore
38 Labrador
38 Mt Gravatt
37 Sherwood
35 Morningside

Yesterday the team with the lowest points beat the team with the highest points.

A lot of chat on here about player points. Here is how it was listed yesterday
50 Wilston Grange
50 Noosa (Have 52 to use)
48 Broadbeach
48 Aspley
44 Surfers
43 Palm Beach Currumbin
42 Redlands
38 Maroochydore
38 Labrador
38 Mt Gravatt
37 Sherwood
35 Morningside

Yesterday the team with the lowest points beat the team with the highest points.
Remembering also that Aspley have several neafl/vfl listed players on 1 point because they have played 75 games there.That’s a nice little relaxation but understand you couldn’t totally crucify a club dropping back from VFL.
Redlands far too slick for our boys yesterday.So much cleaner and more polished skill wise! Will be up there again imo!

Remembering also that Aspley have several neafl/vfl listed players on 1 point because they have played 75 games there.That’s a nice little relaxation but understand you couldn’t totally crucify a club dropping back from VFL.
Redlands far too slick for our boys yesterday.So much cleaner and more polished skill wise! Will be up there again imo!
Grange have had 2 boys added to the lions VFL list so that reduces points for them correct as VFL players only 2 points?

Apparently massive crowd at Morningside and sensational finish to game. Ball could not have been in better hands at the end with Downey as he is a great kick for goal normally.

Great start by MtGravatt as well, did Sherwood have a few out Thommo or just outplayed?

Grange have had 2 boys added to the lions VFL list so that reduces points for them correct as VFL players only 2 points?
I think that is correct GK.I remember last year seeing blokes coming back from Southport to QAFL clubs only being 2 points and thinking gee that would be nice!
But it is what it is and the challenge to contest and conquer is what drives us! We beat the Premiers last year and pushed the Runners Up so not impossible by any stretch.Funny game football! Already looking forward to Good Friday game! Should be huge.There will be a small gate fee and our bar will be closed due to liquor licensing! But ofcourse All welcome !

I think that is correct GK.I remember last year seeing blokes coming back from Southport to QAFL clubs only being 2 points and thinking gee that would be nice!
But it is what it is and the challenge to contest and conquer is what drives us! We beat the Premiers last year and pushed the Runners Up so not impossible by any stretch.Funny game football! Already looking forward to Good Friday game! Should be huge.There will be a small gate fee and our bar will be closed due to liquor licensing! But ofcourse All welcome !
It will be a dry day? I'm thinking of going up there. It will be my first visit to the Sunshine Coast at all, let alone for a football match. Depends on the trains and buses etc, which could be sparse if its a Sunday timetable. Should be a great day!
Question: will the gate fee be payable via tapping a card? I haven't carried cash in so long!

It will be a dry day? I'm thinking of going up there. It will be my first visit to the Sunshine Coast at all, let alone for a football match. Depends on the trains and buses etc, which could be sparse if its a Sunday timetable. Should be a great day!
Question: will the gate fee be payable via tapping a card? I haven't carried cash in so long!
We will have a tap and go facility and it’s a dry day if you want it to be!(if you know what I mean😂)

Apparently massive crowd at Morningside and sensational finish to game. Ball could not have been in better hands at the end with Downey as he is a great kick for goal normally.

Great start by MtGravatt as well, did Sherwood have a few out Thommo or just outplayed?
Great that there was a good crowd. Downey is a quality player. Perhaps one of the best recruits last year. I really rate him.

Been told it was a good crowd at Sherwood with their 1973 SQAFA premiership reunion and the senior teams playing for the annual Pelly/Selvage Cup. However 43 scoring shots to 12 is a big margin and probably suggests that Mt Gravatt may not be the pushover expected by a few on here who stated they'd be bottom of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back