QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

It's going ahead, but I tink the club they signed with (Collingwood) isn't part of it. It's just the traditional VFA clubs.

It's going ahead, but I tink the club they signed with (Collingwood) isn't part of it. It's just the traditional VFA clubs.

Cody is still down there and playing in newly formed VFL competition with Casey. Both boys had contracts with Collingwood for VFL season before Covid hit. They will still be offered contracts next year with Collingwood from what I understand.

Connor is back home but concentrating on getting a Business sorted.

Cody is still down there and playing in newly formed VFL competition with Casey. Both boys had contracts with Collingwood for VFL season before Covid hit. They will still be offered contracts next year with Collingwood from what I understand.

Connor is back home but concentrating on getting a Business sorted.

And playing for your mob I've heard?

Good to see a few of these NEAFL guys making their way into the lower tiers.
Did not AFLQ quote that they wanted to ensure the Competitions remained competetitive so how do does that work with some sides having 5 NEAFL players added to their side that wont be playing for nothing I should imagine. What happens to the blokes that will get the shits that cant play Senior footy and will pack it in. These NEAFL players will unlikely play beyond this year. I have no problems with blokes that have junior origins but think it really will leave a nasty taste in some Clubs mouths.

Did not AFLQ quote that they wanted to ensure the Competitions remained competetitive so how do does that work with some sides having 5 NEAFL players added to their side that wont be playing for nothing I should imagine. What happens to the blokes that will get the shits that cant play Senior footy and will pack it in. These NEAFL players will unlikely play beyond this year. I have no problems with blokes that have junior origins but think it really will leave a nasty taste in some Clubs mouths.
I meant the juniors bulldog. Not disagreeing with the gist of the rest of what u say though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liam Dawson playing at Park Ridge too apparently?

I think you will find Dawso playing at Sherwood? Not all about money you block heads. Tommy Overington and Tye Cestor very well liked by most players they played with and they enjoy the club. To answer your other question we were only Div 2 club to send players to QAFL in 2019 and we have another 4 or 5 saddling up with our senior group this year.

Keep whacking as just drives our group that bit harder. We have Alex Hills round 1 so we will see where we are at I suppose.

Its purely up to the decision makers at each club as to who they engage and on what basis. I wouldn't be signing anyone who didn't commit to 2021, and if everyone thinks its purely amateur for the rest of the year they are kidding. Strong leadership will be tested in this environment and forward thinking clubs with a view beyond the next 1o weeks will do well imo

Buffs might get their lesson this year Simon.

Biggest challenge the Buffs have had as a club, from my memory only very few clubs have gone up from division 2 to Div 1. I think it’s great for the players to challenge against the better sides. Let’s face it the last 2 Premiers haven’t gone up.
Noosa look the goods easily, maybe someone from the Ruby Princess might go to training the week before we play them (quarantine obviously)
But we are used to being whacked so nothing new.
Good to see footy back!

Last edited:
Biggest challenge the Buffs have had as a club, from my memory only very few clubs have gone up from division 2 to Div 1. I think it’s great for the players to challenge against the better sides. Let’s face it the last 2 Premiers haven’t gone up.
Noosa look the goods easily, maybe someone from the Ruby Princess might go to training the week before we play them (quarantine obviously)
But we are used to being whacked so nothing new.
Good to see footy back!
Bond went ok in there first year
And injuries hit
Aspley are in the mix
The only real failure where PR
Bought too many outsiders in who left
After the gf very bad planning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back