QFA Div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

I think im not out of line, ill call it now, no one will get within 6 goals of Noosa come finals time, maybe even more. A class above others, full of genuine A graders across all lines, fit, well drilled and would go very well in the QAFL based on what Maroochydore are doing

I think im not out of line, ill call it now, no one will get within 6 goals of Noosa come finals time, maybe even more. A class above others, full of genuine A graders across all lines, fit, well drilled and would go very well in the QAFL based on what Maroochydore are doing
Aspley really pushed Noosa with game in balance and could have gone either way.Be interesting to watch next weekend as to where they are at now.Mayne lead Noosa at half time first time around so that game at Mayne in last round is also one to keep an eye on but Noosa pretty much at full strength and monstered uq in the end yesterday.My 80 year old mate reckons if there were more than 10 people there watching he’d go he! No bar open ,No canteen open No atmosphere whatsoever infact not much at all to invite people to go and watch a local game of footy.Im not sure what the answer is but not a good look!

take my hat off to beenliegh today. They played a very good defensive game and pushed Mayne all the way. Mayne got the chocolates, but very impressed with a well coached side. good luck with the rest of the season

Probably smart by Buffs trying to teach good defensive patterns first year up in Div 1. Looks like they struggle to kick many goals having only kicked 10 goals once this year in their win against Uni.

All other games 8 goals or less, so would definitely need to be addressed moving forward next year to win more games. But good on them as at least being competitive in Div 1 which is step 1.

Aspley really pushed Noosa with game in balance and could have gone either way.Be interesting to watch next weekend as to where they are at now.Mayne lead Noosa at half time first time around so that game at Mayne in last round is also one to keep an eye on but Noosa pretty much at full strength and monstered uq in the end yesterday.My 80 year old mate reckons if there were more than 10 people there watching he’d go he! No bar open ,No canteen open No atmosphere whatsoever infact not much at all to invite people to go and watch a local game of footy.Im not sure what the answer is but not a good look!

UQ are basically stuffed this year mate - I would suggest UQ regs practically forbid any sort of tuckshop being opened or bar - I was there acouple of weeks ago to watch a girls match post the Beenleigh hit out and there was literally nothing open then either.

UQ are basically stuffed this year mate - I would suggest UQ regs practically forbid any sort of tuckshop being opened or bar - I was there acouple of weeks ago to watch a girls match post the Beenleigh hit out and there was literally nothing open then either.
UQ's trouble is that its not Rugby Union, UQ Sport and Rec I believe control the bar and canteen and the AFL only get a couple of functions.

Have had a bar / canteen in previous years??
They've relocated the AFL ground around near the river. The old ground now soccer? The down side of the old one was the prehistoric changerooms. Im not sure they had a can bar at last field? As for the new ground the surface is elite except for the cricket pitch in the middle makes one side of the entire centre some 4 or 5 inches shorter than the other side It's quite picturesque with the trees around the ground, lights very good but a bit on the short side.

They've relocated the AFL ground around near the river. The old ground now soccer? The down side of the old one was the prehistoric changerooms. Im not sure they had a can bar at last field? As for the new ground the surface is elite except for the cricket pitch in the middle makes one side of the entire centre some 4 or 5 inches shorter than the other side It's quite picturesque with the trees around the ground, lights very good but a bit on the short side.

Yeah played there last year LB. there was a canteen and grog sales then, not this year. Like NB said it’s a pretty poor environment tbh irrespective of the aesthetics around the ground.

Was at the surf club today for a brief while to celebrate our senior coach bovas 40 th and I must say all the talk was about the performance of chadeau brain!He actually ran water for his under 16 side today and wanted to play but Jj our 16s coa h thought it better to give one of the extras a run which I agree with.I think I posted 15 but wrong just turned 16 but Bova reckons he looked like a seasoned senior player! And Beenleigh were no push over very physical and stuck to their plan and good on them

I have watched the live streams and its good to be able to watch and see how the other sides play against Noosa who are obviously the strongest side in the Comp. I will be relying on the stream this week mate as I can,t get to this weeks Springwood Noosa encounter. Look forward to the call and my bloke is number 36 Nick Proud plays in the mid field. Cheers and keep up the good work

I have watched the live streams and its good to be able to watch and see how the other sides play against Noosa who are obviously the strongest side in the Comp. I will be relying on the stream this week mate as I can,t get to this weeks Springwood Noosa encounter. Look forward to the call and my bloke is number 36 Nick Proud plays in the mid field. Cheers and keep up the good work
Yeah no worries bulldog 2016, infact we are still working to make the live stream better.Having trouble with lagging time at present but will hopefully have it done by Saturday.And yes Noosa look really strong at present.Played some terrific footy after qtr time on Saturday.Just some real class through the midfield and their kicking delivery to forwards was first class.Aspley badly undermsnned with no sign of young ,tote or the Nevis brothers.Hope number 3 Ives is alright.Heard he had a bad facial fracture from a collision in sevond qtr and no one likes to see or hear that.Tigers definitely the team to beat but the Brisbane based tigers going along nicely also!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah no worries bulldog 2016, infact we are still working to make the live stream better.Having trouble with lagging time at present but will hopefully have it done by Saturday.And yes Noosa look really strong at present.Played some terrific footy after qtr time on Saturday.Just some real class through the midfield and their kicking delivery to forwards was first class.Aspley badly undermsnned with no sign of young ,tote or the Nevis brothers.Hope number 3 Ives is alright.Heard he had a bad facial fracture from a collision in sevond qtr and no one likes to see or hear that.Tigers definitely the team to beat but the Brisbane based tigers going along nicely also!
Young played against us kicked a few but on the whole we played the better footy on the day and really disappointed to kick 2-6 in first quarter and then gift a few back to them. Ives can play was quiet against us but hope he is ok. Ironic played at NEAFL footy and plays two games in QFA and gets injured. We copped a few injuries against Coorparoo so we will be like the boy with the wheelbarrow against you blokes but thats footy, just hopeful they may be right following week.

Lol wasnt a collision on ives. Was a dog shot elbow from Hill, hence referred straight to tribunal!

Lol wasnt a collision on ives. Was a dog shot elbow from Hill, hence referred straight to tribunal!
Yes I’m hearing the footage isn’t great.Saw a photo of Ives face late yesterday and no one should come home from a game of footy looking like that from an act of intention.These type of incidents are few and far between these days which is a really good thing!

Yes I’m hearing the footage isn’t great.Saw a photo of Ives face late yesterday and no one should come home from a game of footy looking like that from an act of intention.These type of incidents are few and far between these days which is a really good thing!

You heard the footage wasn’t great. Isn’t it you commentating on the game??? Might want to have a listen back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You heard the footage wasn’t great. Isn’t it you commentating on the game??? Might want to have a listen back

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes mate I was commentating was 120 metres at least away from the incident and personally couldn’t confirm what I now know.As mentioned earlier I certainly don’t condone these acts and have never done so!
Tribunal hearing is tonight.

that's quite a penalty, especially with an early guilty plea. Must have been a pretty ordinary incident

what is the lifetime threshold, still about 15 weeks?

that's quite a penalty, especially with an early guilty plea. Must have been a pretty ordinary incident

what is the lifetime threshold, still about 15 weeks?
Yeah I’m pretty sure once you get to 16 weeks in total suspensions your done although plenty have found loop holes to continue.Pretty sure Hilly will call it on senior career.In early thirties and has a very you g family.Been an absolute champion footballer at this level! Win 5 senior b and fs in a row(3 at Barwon heads/2 at Noosa) big game player and ofcourse premiership player from last year.Terrific fella and very popular at our club but certainly not the way you would want to go out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back