QFA Div 1

the doc 70

Debutant
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Going well. Way the joint is tracking it may not be last round we can expect to be in but Glasshouse will make a fine home away from home for the time being. Playing group making do without atm and coming together in adversity. Big test this week as to where we sit in the pecking order but we still have plenty of growth is us to come too which is exciting.

box070

Cancelled
Jan 8, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Going well. Way the joint is tracking it may not be last round we can expect to be in but Glasshouse will make a fine home away from home for the time being. Playing group making do without atm and coming together in adversity. Big test this week as to where we sit in the pecking order but we still have plenty of growth is us to come too which is exciting.

Glasshouse would have to be one of the nicest footy grounds going around. Not a bad alternative

Footyboy2020

Senior List
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
My picks for today.
Beenleigh over Aspley by 36
Caloundra over UQ by 29
Springwood Over Mayne by 7 (if they play like they did first 3 and a half quarter vs Aspley, if they play like the last half of the last quarter against Aspley, Mayne By 45).

Bulldogs 2016

Debutant
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Bulldog you sound like you in the know at Springwood. Any truth in the rumours that they have to vacate their premises at end of year due to a new development?

I know they were hoping for a new facility on the failed Logan Greyhound site but apparently that is now off the table?

Just that I heard they may be moved to Springwood High School next year?

Do you know anything about that?
That new sports facility at Compton Road is underway and the proposal that was we were going there on completion, a bit like the Redcliffe facility. I wouldnt think we would we be going anywhere short term as local council have put new goal posts, fencing and netting is going in soon. The ground is a picture courtesy of hard work so thats all I can say as I am not in the loop with the progress of compton road. I will ask the question and get back to you.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Hi guys, what is the difference between the top QAFL league and QFA Div 1? In terms of standard, salary cap, etc?

There is now a significant difference in standard with both Noosa and Maroochy heading up in last couple of years. Salary cap for QAFL is $60k, not exactly sure for Div 1 but think around $30k.

Miller1971

Club Legend
Jun 15, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hi guys, what is the difference between the top QAFL league and QFA Div 1? In terms of standard, salary cap, etc?

massive gap. Even before those teams moved.

Noosa has come up and not recruited for the move and likely won't win a game. Roos have come up and added heaps of talent to their list, and are very competitive as a result.

smy1305

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 27, 2011
Buderim
AFL Club
Gold Coast
massive gap. Even before those teams moved.

Noosa has come up and not recruited for the move and likely won't win a game. Roos have come up and added heaps of talent to their list, and are very competitive as a result.

The gap has widened Miller - previously Noosa and Maroochy had teams that would have matched it with Sandgate at worst and possibly Grange as well. maroochy's group last year was not a major improve on the year before tbh. They did extremely well considering the personnel and I think the short season really suited them too.

Footyboy2020

Senior List
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Tips for today

Caloundra over Beenleigh by 27 Points
Coorparoo Over Uni by 17 Points
Mayne over Aspley by 49 points.

Footyboy2020

Senior List
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Wow what a comp this one is turning out to be! Beenleigh with a Thumping of Caloundra by nearly 10 Goals! UQ with a Big Win over Coorparoo Comfortably. Think this is quite easily the best comp in terms of the gap from Top to Bottom. Really gotta be on your game every week otherwise you will be made to pay for it.

Footyboy2020

Senior List
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
were clubs affected by Big Pineapple festival?
Can’t speak for any of the teams but just looking at the team lists, Coorparoo appeared to be quite a strong team, as did Caloundra. Only one from Caloundra I could see was missing appeared to be Keleher.

Bulldogs 2016

Debutant
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wow what a comp this one is turning out to be! Beenleigh with a Thumping of Caloundra by nearly 10 Goals! UQ with a Big Win over Coorparoo Comfortably. Think this is quite easily the best comp in terms of the gap from Top to Bottom. Really gotta be on your game every week otherwise you will be made to pay for it.

Bulldogs 2016

Debutant
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think I did say that both Beenleigh and Uni will get you if not on song and especially Beenleigh where they have plenty of zip and use the ground well. Sources tell me they actually kicked straight as well and I think 7 goals to zip first quarter tells the story. Coorparoo I might prefer to leave that what alone I think their max points tells the tale i would think. Uni on their day will also get ya like they did us at the Pumas.

goalkicker11

All Australian
Feb 14, 2007
house
AFL Club
Essendon
I think I did say that both Beenleigh and Uni will get you if not on song and especially Beenleigh where they have plenty of zip and use the ground well. Sources tell me they actually kicked straight as well and I think 7 goals to zip first quarter tells the story. Coorparoo I might prefer to leave that what alone I think their max points tells the tale i would think. Uni on their day will also get ya like they did us at the Pumas.
What tale does max points tell?

Uni played well and they didn’t let’s us in the game.
Div 1 is a great comp with every game a 50/50 chance for all teams.

Footballfreak2019

Cancelled
Nov 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn

well if pumas were not at max points what was the tale for UQ beating them? Maybe they are just a handy side.

keeping in mind with coorparoo most of these ‘big’ 4 pointers are just kids from grange who got opportunities in a bottom side.

pretty obvious from Beenleigh’s performance on the weekend, you gotta be on every week in this comp & its going to be tight come finals. High points or not

Six or One

Draftee
Dec 27, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If whispers are true Coops might have freed up some point space with the lose of their big ruckman from St Mary’s.

Bulldogs 2016

Debutant
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
If whispers are true Coops might have freed up some point space with the lose of their big ruckman from St Mary’s.
Grenfull is listed at FP on their list I assume that is fly in player. Originally from Tatura, so is he back in Vic or in Darwin. Is is Border related him leaving or another reason because he can play and would be a huge loss

Jul 16, 2010
moree
AFL Club
Collingwood
Grenfull is listed at FP on their list I assume that is fly in player. Originally from Tatura, so is he back in Vic or in Darwin. Is is Border related him leaving or another reason because he can play and would be a huge loss
Not sure what FP stands for but he was a fly in for St Mary's.
Lived & worked in Brisbane the whole time while at coorparoo though.

Footyboy2020

Senior List
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Indigenous Round celebrations once again down at Springwood today according to their Facebook page. Always put on a great show and always something to circle in on the calendar. In my opinion it is definitely one of the best if not the best celebrations outside of the AFL.

Hear no evil

Rookie
Apr 15, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Heard it was a cracking game down at the Pumas Indigenous Round today. With the Pumas getting up by 7 in the dying minutes. Would have been a great game to watch.

Back