Queensland Floods

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm finding the group of society that say 'everyone is overreacting' ****ing annoying. How dense do you have to be to not realise how badly so many QLDers are going to be affected? Not to mention the fact that people have died from it.

It's disgraceful that people have the gall to complain about their gym not being open etc. when there are obviously much greater issues at hand.

Apologies for the rant people. Just felt the need to get it off my chest.

Just heard from a mate who was evacuating his property in Yeronga and was involved in a car accident caused by a sight-seeing motorist.

What is wrong with people, this is a serious disaster that is being further compounded by people treating it as a novelty event...get the f**k off the roads if you are not assisting with the emergency.:rolleyes: (just for you John...hope you are safe & well mate:thumbsu:).

Dylan, the Police Deputy Commissioner has just finished a press conference saying exactly that (in more polite terms).

Stay off the roads unless you need to travel and stay away from the flood affected areas - whether you go by car, bike or foot. You might think you aren't causing anyone problems but the last thing you want is to get in the road of emergency services who are trying to save lives and property. This really isn't the time for sight seeing. If you want to keep abreast of the situation, follow the QPS on Twitter/Facebook, watch/listen to ABC on TV/Radio and keep updated with info from Council websites.

Keep safe.

God some parents are ****ing brainless idiots just had to pick up some kids that were "Playing" under a bridge in the flood waters I drove them back home and had a "Nice" word to their mother about it and the thing that really got me is that she knew they were there!!!!!! :mad::mad:

Qld Police Facebook just put up some pics. This one just blows me away...

Geez, that's Southbank isn't it?

Channel Nine just showed live aerial footage... it suddenly seemed even more real. Homes already submerged, and it's going to get much worse yet.

223804749.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I hate this right now I havent slept in 48 hours because I'm so worried about things and I just thought about the all the Poor animals that are gonna suffer from this aswell:(

At least the Fairfield RSPCA was able to home all their animals

Yep that was fantastic. Every single animal got adopted. People went down expecting to get a dog and came back with guinea pigs, roosters, sheep... incredible.

Animals are the silent victim in all this.

Water starting to go up the side of the wharves on the New Farm cliffs. Water at the bottom of Sydney St and the Coles car park on Merthyr Rd is full of water (came up the drains). Power is off around most of the suburb but luckily for us not where we live.

Bloody hell.

I don't know the northern/western suburbs well so most of this is hard to relate but those UQ pictures really hit home.

Looking at Suncorp Stadium half full now on the news - it's amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Jesus, Sir Fred Schonell Drive is completely underwater!! :( :(

Suncorp is filling up like a bath, it's quite surreal really.

About to start my second year there this year.

It's such a horribly selfish way to look at things, but god it hits home when you see pictures of places you are familiar with, like the St Lucia area.

Article already outdated. Says the Suncorp surface isn't inundated. Wrong.

It's a lake in there.

Any news on the Gabba, how its holding up?...and the players etc?..

You are right about the animals being the silent victims, there must be thousands of livestock, kangaroos and other varieties lost...my husband said he saw on t.v, some poor horses trying to get on a roof and couldn't, rested their heads on the roof while still paddling frantically....the house was practically submerged....god only knows how they got on...

What a bitch of a situation!:mad:

How are you all getting through this, for food, cooking, power for phones, computers etc..have you had to evacuate?

Ceebee, hope all is well with your family, particularly your little man..

I'm feeling so much for you all, so, from me, much love and thoughts..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back