General Bombers Talk Questions and discussions that don't warrant a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - *Ticket questions and discussion in here*

Do all members get the Bomber magazine delivered? Haven't got one
Yep. I live in Adelaide and just got mine today.
Shouldn't be too far away.

Training Photo

Just noticed this photo on the bombers website and thought it was very interesting. Wanted to know what peoples thoughts are? If you look at Gumby his feet are very close together, his legs are so skinny and you couldn't guess he is a sportsman, let alone an afl player. Contrast this to Hurley who has his feet wider apart and looks solid and well balanced. Jetta also looks strong and well balanced. Reimers perhaps is too low to the ground and also has skinny looking legs.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/a/Join-the-Bombers-on-the-Gold-Coast/9063

Re: Training Photo

There's a skinny-legged old bloke about to play his 350th. I'm not worried about skinny legs.

Gumby just needs to get his body right, get on the park and stay there.

Hurley = massive unit.
Interestingly, read an article by Robert Shaw comparing Hurley with Schultz on the weekend. Shaw suggested that Hurley's kicking action isn't up to scratch. Leans back on his heel when he kicks which affects delivery. Anyone know much about skills? I'm interested to know more.

Incidentally, Shaw put Schulz's performance ahead of Hurley's.

Watched Reimers on the w/end he really just doesn't look strong enough in the legs. Too easily pushed off the ball.

I want to know why we are far and away the worse wet weather side in the comp and have been for years.

On Saturday night is it a coincidence that our perceived drop in intensity and later spark to get over the top was timed with the rain starting to fall and then the rain stopping and subsequently the ground drying up?

It was painful watching how poorly we handled wet conditions.

We either lost our feet or couldn't turn like the Suns, and we were dropping all and sundry (much more than them).

We were good against Adelaide in the wet last year though, so it's not always the case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ANZAC Day 2009 our comeback was in wet conditions, but they tend to be exceptions to the rule.

For the best part of a decade wet weather has been our kryptonite. If it weren't so serious it'd be laughable. Given football is a winter sport it shouldn't be an issue but it certainly is, and one that pisses me off more and more with each passing season.

Re: 'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - *Ticket questions and discussion in here*

Interestingly I gave up on Anzac Day 2009 as soon as it started to rain. So yeah, there's a feeling we are poor in the wet. It accentuates our average ball handling I think.

Anzac Day tickets

Anyone ever bought any off Ebay before? I see theres a few there that look reasonable.

Reason I ask is I didnt think I would have the time to go so didnt bother chasing tickets earlier this year, but now got the day off & never miss a chance to get there if I can.

Re: Anzac Day tickets

I’ve bought last minute off ebay for ANZAC Day a couple of times. Was fine both times. Same old story, check the seller’s history etc and leave the item open until after the event so you have some re-course though Paypal if it’s dodgy.

Just one warning….

Some AFL members buy tickets for all the big games (like $6) and then on-sell for the normal public price, making it look like a fine deal, but really pocketing a handy profit for themselves.

If you buy one of these tickets and get checked for an AFL membership card when entering, you obviously can’t produce one and you’ll probably have the ticket confiscated. I’ve been checked on ANZAC Day before (I’m a member).

They’re relatively easy to spot and avoid, they stand well outside the gates and have clipboards.

If the price printed on the ticket is $6.70 that it’s an AFL Members ticket. Everything through gates 6 and 7 on ANZAC Day I think.

Re: Anzac Day tickets

I’ve bought last minute off ebay for ANZAC Day a couple of times. Was fine both times. Same old story, check the seller’s history etc and leave the item open until after the event so you have some re-course though Paypal if it’s dodgy.

Just one warning….

Some AFL members buy tickets for all the big games (like $6) and then on-sell for the normal public price, making it look like a fine deal, but really pocketing a handy profit for themselves.

If you buy one of these tickets and get checked for an AFL membership card when entering, you obviously can’t produce one and you’ll probably have the ticket confiscated. I’ve been checked on ANZAC Day before (I’m a member).

They’re relatively easy to spot and avoid, they stand well outside the gates and have clipboards.

If the price printed on the ticket is $6.70 that it’s an AFL Members ticket. Everything through gates 6 and 7 on ANZAC Day I think.

They only check your AFL membership and ticket on grand final day.

Can someone remind me how I sell back our tickets if I can't make the game please?

Can someone also remind me why the membership viewing options/account management options are so poor on the EssendonFC account manager? We've got a family membership but have to access 4 different accounts to check ticket stuff.

Questions about the Carlton game:

I have a buy one get one free thingo for MCG, any reason I couldn't use this on the day? and

What time should GA get there?
cheers

I'm sure this doesn't warrant a thread, but how many clubs have 2 ovals the size of the MCG and Etihad like what we're doing with the flight plan ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back