Mega Thread Questions that don't warrant a thread thread & other stray dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Final Quote?

Hey, I'm not sure where I should ask this, but this seems the best place, so,

Does anyone know the quote that is something like,
"you'll never be so lonely after losing a grand final in front of 90,000 people",

Well something along those lines.
Any ideas?

Cheers

Commentary on FOX/Seven live games

Long time FOX watcher, and long time Seven avoider ...

Just wondering if the Friday night games (which thanks to FOX can now be seen live into WA instead of once the game ends) being screened on FOX will be allowed to use FOX commentary instead of taking Seven's feed ... or do we have to go with FOX pictures and the ABC radio commentary instead.

Re: Commentary on FOX/Seven live games

Games that Seven are the host broadcasters of that appear on Fox Sports will have Seven commentary.

Re: Questions that don't warrant a thread thread

It's good to see a thread dedicated to this. I have a barrage of them. But, to be fair, one at a time. Firstly, is there anyone who knows some of the more intricate details of the 2002-2006 redevelopment of the MCG, such as ground capacity beforehand and, er, afterhand, the capacity of each individual stand, the progress of the redevelopment, and the interesting little bits of work done on the GSS (one or two extra bays)? These details may seem useless to some, but I find them fascinating. Oh, well. A reflection on me, I suppose...:)

Darrellkonner, touché. As I said, some will find these details useless. Judging by some of the more obscure topics that I've seem discussed here, there ought to be somebody interested in it. Surely...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

footy show started filming street talk

saw sam newman today in town, im in wangaratta by the way.

was wandering round with a camera crew of about 7 people doing street talk, dressed in a giant pidgeon suit, full body, feathers, beak, everything... obviously doing stuff about fevola moving into the region and playing for yarrawonga his season. dont know why they didnt go to actually yarrawonga to get people opinions, i was just driving past, but facebook faithfully told me everything he got up to.

didnt think the show started for another couple of weeks, and they would be waiting for a bigger story than that to do a street talk on.

Re: footy show started filming street talk

Sam is a buffoon.

AFL Footy Show in NSW/ACT

Hi dudes. I have just moved to Canberra for work and have hooked up the Fox Footy which has been great - but its on satellite so I dont get the FTA channels. So I cant record the AFL footy show on my foxtel iq :(

I know I can wait till after the NRL footy show is on, but I dont want to go to bed at 1am every Friday morning. Does anyone know if I can watch this online? Will Channel 9/ninemsn put it on catch up TV? Happy to watch it on Friday - as long as its the whole show...not just the select few video clips they put up.

Alterantively I can shell out for an tv recorder, but the footy show is pretty much the only thing on FTA that is must view for me - Foxtel iq covers the rest.

I remember in the past they use to show it on their HD channel. but this of course has stopped. Would be great if they did again (and vice versa for the NRL footy show in the southern states)

Re: AFL Footy Show in NSW/ACT

Hi dudes. I have just moved to Canberra for work and have hooked up the Fox Footy which has been great - but its on satellite so I dont get the FTA channels. So I cant record the AFL footy show on my foxtel iq :(

I know I can wait till after the NRL footy show is on, but I dont want to go to bed at 1am every Friday morning. Does anyone know if I can watch this online? Will Channel 9/ninemsn put it on catch up TV? Happy to watch it on Friday - as long as its the whole show...not just the select few video clips they put up.

Alterantively I can shell out for an tv recorder, but the footy show is pretty much the only thing on FTA that is must view for me - Foxtel iq covers the rest.

I remember in the past they use to show it on their HD channel. but this of course has stopped. Would be great if they did again (and vice versa for the NRL footy show in the southern states)

Subscribe to FredJohnAlex's channel on youtube. They have been uploading whole episodes the past few years (even nice enough to cut out the ads). :thumbsu:
Pretty sure they'll be doing this year as well.

Re: footy show started filming street talk

The Footy Show is back next Thursday 15 March.
Am I the only one who would enjoy seeing it air at 8:30 or 9:00 instead of 9:30?
It sometimes finishes too late for my liking.

Re: AFL Footy Show in NSW/ACT

Heh - I know this is a bump - but I have the same problem up here in Cairns. Cheapest way is to go buy a digital set top box with a USB input on it - you can get them for $50 - $60 - they do the job.

Has anyone heard the Fox broadcast schedule for NAB round 4? What games are on apart from the final? Thanks in advance for any info.

League Teams

I have yet to reactivate my sports package yet, but I notice that flipping through the guide that a show called 'League Teams' is on FoxFooty staring Dermie, Parkin and co. Anyway my question being: is 'League Teams' just bascially 'AFL Teams' only with a name change? Or is it actually a reboot if you will, of the old show from the 70s and 80s that my old man used to tell me about staring Lou Richards and Bobby Davis. I'm suspecting the former.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back