'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

He is a politician. It's all about the votes. As to who he goes for show me footage of him singing the club song on stage for the Cats.
I know, I just thought it was funny in context.

He is a politician. It's all about the votes. As to who he goes for show me footage of him singing the club song on stage for the Cats.
Of course he is. Marles is the Geelong fan. Albanese is just wearing his scarf.

What I find funny is that they'd probably get more respect and votes if they just stuck to their team.
Do you think that Albanese would get more respect rocking up to something in Geelong wearing a Hawks scarf?

Because the PR power brokers that be would cark with their leg in the air if that happened.

What I find funny is that they'd probably get more respect and votes if they just stuck to their team.
Agreed.
He'd be seen in a way people can relate to - the weak, fence-sitting persona is universally hated.

If he wants votes then associate with Footy, not that prison-league sh*t they play in the Northen States.

Agreed.
He'd be seen in a way people can relate to - the weak, fence-sitting persona is universally hated.

If he wants votes then associate with Footy, not that prison-league sh*t they play in the Northen States.
I think you’re missing the point of why any politician attends a press conference to open a stadium or announce funding for a project related to a sporting team.

I think you’re missing the point of why any politician attends a press conference to open a stadium or announce funding for a project related to a sporting team.
To pretend to be something they're not?

You're right... totally missed that...

To pretend to be something they're not?

You're right... totally missed that...
It’s to announce funding for a project which benefits a sporting club and those in the community who benefit from it.

He’s hardly going to turn up to Dingley or GMHBA wearing a South Sydney Rabbitoh’s scarf is he?

It’s to announce funding for a project which benefits a sporting club and those in the community who benefit from it.

He’s hardly going to turn up to Dingley or GMHBA wearing a South Sydney Rabbitoh’s scarf is he?
stupid suggestions are getting stupider.

The point (not mine) related to his & politicians' flip-flopping with public support of 'the new thing' & trying to garner the support of every constituent group by pretending to be their mate for the next news cycle.

It's sickeningly transparent & possibly decreases their standing amongst the general population, because when standing for everything, they stand for nothing.

The local person should wear the local colours. It's their opportunity to show their local constituency that they connect with & represent, that they've had a win. The big guy should be there in support, not trying to steal the show. To then wear their Nth team shirt of the year is making the whole thing about themself/ves, which lends back to the original issue.

Do you think that Albanese would get more respect rocking up to something in Geelong wearing a Hawks scarf?

Because the PR power brokers that be would cark with their leg in the air if that happened.
I think he'd get more respect not wearing any scarf and probably having a bit of banter about being in Geelong territory as a Hawks supporter. What makes our game so great is being able to sit without being segregated because of who we follow.

So much opportunity lost because PR power brokers are too afraid to truly embrace being Australian rather then their idea of it.

stupid suggestions are getting stupider.

The point (not mine) related to his & politicians' flip-flopping with public support of 'the new thing' & trying to garner the support of every constituent group by pretending to be their mate for the next news cycle.

It's sickeningly transparent & possibly decreases their standing amongst the general population, because when standing for everything, they stand for nothing.

The local person should wear the local colours. It's their opportunity to show their local constituency that they connect with & represent, that they've had a win. The big guy should be there in support, not trying to steal the show. To then wear their Nth team shirt of the year is making the whole thing about themself/ves, which lends back to the original issue.
Pretty sure if you asked the club which invited him down to attend the opening of the construction at Dingle whether they’d like him to wear nothing for the cameras / TV segments or Hawthorn gear…..well you know the answer.

Everyone there wore Hawthorn gear and a hi-vis with our logo……because the club wanted them to.

That ain’t stupid, that’s commonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a question

How do you ‘tag’ a poster ?

When the posters name comes up red

I’m not tech smart so please keep it simple. Go easy on me 😂
Use the symbol @ then type the person's name. A field will come up below what you are typing and you can click on the respective name or finish typing out the full name.

For instance wahawk.

Even if you directly reply to my post, you will see the mechanics in the post quoted.

I hope this is explains it well enough. If not, hopefully someone else can make it clearer.

Does anyone know when the dates/times for games round 16 onwards will be released?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back