'Questions that don't warrant a thread' Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Less/fewer

I taught English as a Second Language to business people and uni students for 15 years here, and these mistakes are all easy to overcome if you put your mine to each.
Less traffic, means fewer cars.;) You can count cars, so use fewer, but you can't count traffic so less.

Can you use each in a sentence.
John did think the movie would affect him as much as it did, but the effect of the dog's death was more drastic than he'd thought it would be.

I taught English as a Second Language to business people and uni students for 15 years here, and these mistakes are all easy to overcome if you put your mine to each.
Less traffic, means fewer cars.;) You can count cars, so use fewer, but you can't count traffic so less.
If you measure it you use less, if you count it you use fewer. Less milk, fewer cartons of milk.

Meh. You guys whinge about everythink.

But on a serious note, the Hawks shop winds down over Xmas, but have people still been getting orders?

I ordered somethink 12/12, and still havent even received an email that its been sent. Whats frustrating is that i'd driven down to Melbourne a few weeks ago and easily could have picked it up from the shop. Lack of foresight on my part. Self inflicted.

Anyhow, what happened to the stickied thread where there was a HFC person that would log in and answer queries?

But on a serious note, the Hawks shop winds down over Xmas, but have people still been getting orders?

I ordered somethink 12/12, and still havent even received an email that its been sent. Whats frustrating is that i'd driven down to Melbourne a few weeks ago and easily could have picked it up from the shop. Lack of foresight on my part. Self inflicted.

Anyhow, what happened to the stickied thread where there was a HFC person that would log in and answer queries?
I'd say everythink has been delayed due to Christmas/New Year, or somethink like that :cool:

I think the person who used that account has since moved on from the club. Not sure if there has been any attempt to get a replacement.

As for your order; I would just give them a call. That would be the quickest way to get an answer.

My membership pack turned up today, the person running the Hawks official account left the club

Still waiting for mine - paid 3/12.
Further to travel to get to you Thai, mind you my wife's turned up last week, unless they were going alphabetical by first name I have no idea why

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Further to travel to get to you Thai, mind you my wife's turned up last week, unless they were going alphabetical by first name I have no idea why

Last years was late too, and after I contacted the club in the new year, 2m packs turned up within a week of each other. Both were dispatched from Asia, from either Hong Kong or Singapore, I think.:D Outsourcing at work!

Who the feck is Mitchell Thomas?

Our secret weapon... 20, 210cm, runs 100m in 10 seconds and can kick the thing pinpoint straight on both legs for 65 metres ! He also has really large ears. His favourite colour is pantone 116, and favourite holiday spot is Bulgaria. His fave TV personality is John Deeks, etc etc etc :)

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Back