Preview R11: Changes vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm confused (more than usual).

Why would they name Strachan, with O'Brien on-field (usually means he will play)?

Could be sending a message to O'Brien (but without any real intent).
Strachan is often named as an emergency, no? That’s all this extended bench is, the 23 + emergencies. Unless Strach is named on the bench tomorrow, nothing’s changing with ROB

I think it's a return to the structure pre-Collingwood. The whole year we've played three KPDs with one in more of an interceptor role watching the third most dangerous forward and the other two watching the two biggest goal threats (plus Max on the small). For example against Brisbane it was Butts on Hipwood and Keane on Daniher. Last week with Worrell out we added Hamill because Collingwood didn't really have tall forwards other than Cox. This week it's back to the old structure with the third tall replacing Worrell, just delayed by a week.
I’m confused.

Last week the Cartel screamed that the selection of Hamill (and Murphy) was a crime against humanity. This week they are outraged that Hamill might be dropped (imho he won’t) and barely a word about Murphy.

The cartel were catatonic when Sholl was subbed off (he was standing Josh Daicos in the first three quarters 🥺) despite wanting him to be perma-banned all season.

I’m confused.

Last week the Cartel screamed that the selection of Hamill (and Murphy) was a crime against humanity. This week they are outraged that Hamill might be dropped (imho he won’t) and barely a word about Murphy.

The cartel were catatonic when Sholl was subbed off (he was standing Josh Daicos in the first three quarters 🥺) despite wanting him to be perma-banned all season.
I think the cartel just want to see selection based on merit. Not a system of entitlement based on age, games played or leadership group membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No
Imagination
Coach,
Kills
Success.
Even with a resurgent West Coast a good coach would spot these 3 games as the best preparation rookies could hope for

A block of 3 games
1. To play rookies
2. To rest niggles in senior players
3. Find out what the future might look like

Nicks is certainly got the mantra

'' one game at a time ''

No imagination

I think the cartel just want to see selection based on merit. Not a system of entitlement based on age, games played or leadership group membership.
Curtin should be selected on merit? He struggled defensively in the SANFL and showed he wasn’t ready for the AFL by being stitched up by a first gamer and an AFL journeyman. We just need to find him a role where he has no defensive duties and we feed him the ball. No such role exists. I am a Curtin fan and I believe he will develop into an elite player.

Murphy is a whipping boy (and not in our best 22 imho) but he had a key role in dragging us back into the game against Collingwood. ROB was well beaten last Saturday but surprisingly broke even against the Big O. Brodie Smith had quite a good game against Collingwood. Keays made some dumb mistakes (as usual) but was moved onto Pendlebury after 1/4 time and reduced his influence.

Unfortunately we have 6 of our best 22 injured and after our best 12 players named this week the remaining players available are either Kids or fringe players.

Unfortunately we have 6 of our best 22 injured and after our best 12 players named this week the remaining players available are either Kids or fringe players.
Do you think we can beat West Coast Richmond and Hawthorn ?

Do you think senior players are carrying injuries? Specifically Hip displacement Walker?

How many times have we made unforced changes this year? Anyone would think we were top 4 and contending for the Flag. This week every other side has a player (Omitted) from last weeks side except North, Sydney and us

Unfortunately we are far closer to North than Sydney 😔

Another week comes and the selection idiocy continues. Tis normal and why should I be surprised.
Brodie Smith, Ned McHeadless and Lachie Murphy still in the side. We just never learn.
GO EAGLES.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back