Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don't you want to pay for a service?

because it’s expensive and charges you forever! I wouldn’t be paying the price it’s asking just for a hobby that I use every now and then. Which is why I still have the boxed version of CS6 as it was the last one you could buy outright. At least he is asking about reasonable alternatives and not going the piracy route.

because it’s expensive and charges you forever! I wouldn’t be paying the price it’s asking just for a hobby that I use every now and then. Which is why I still have the boxed version of CS6 as it was the last one you could buy outright. At least he is asking about reasonable alternatives and not going the piracy route.
I agree with your last sentence, I probably jumped him a bit assuming he just didn't want to pay.

I don't know the prices so if that's the case, I can understand a hobbyist wanting a different program.

Why don't you want to pay for a service?
As Gibbsy suggested, I'm not too keen on paying excessive amounts for a program which I would only have for hobby purposes. If Adobe still had a one-time payment option I'd probably be willing to cop that, but I don't currently have the funds for their monthly fees, which is why I'm looking into alternative options. Affinity Photo would still set me back 100 bucks, but I'd rather pay that than resort to cheating Adobe out of money.

As Gibbsy suggested, I'm not too keen on paying excessive amounts for a program which I would only have for hobby purposes. If Adobe still had a one-time payment option I'd probably be willing to cop that, but I don't currently have the funds for their monthly fees, which is why I'm looking into alternative options. Affinity Photo would still set me back 100 bucks, but I'd rather pay that than resort to cheating Adobe out of money.
I didn't realise it was a monthly payment
As I said, I jumped the gun on you so my apologies

Alright dudes, need some advice...

I've (pretty much) never watched any Star Wars films. I probably watched the original trilogy way back when and I saw Episode I at the movies, but its just never really appealed to me. In fact, as a kid I pretty much just straight out hated it. My brother was big time obsessed, so it was always in my face and so naturally I went the other way.

ANYWAY, I've decided that now that I'm into my 30s its probably about time I grew up a bit and gave them a chance. The big question is... what order do I watch them in? Chronological order to be able to watch the whole story unfold? Or release order to see it the way everybody else did?

Thoughts?

So it took me like a year and a half to eventually do this, but I just finished Episode VIII of Star Wars, just in time for the new one in a couple of weeks.

Have watched them at a rate of about one a week, settled on release order. In hindsight, given I already knew the basic outline and the big twists, I think chronological would have actually been the better way to go.

Overall they were fairly enjoyable, though I don’t think I’ll ever consider myself a massive fan. I only watched the trilogy movies, but after Episode IX I’ll probably watch Rogue One, and then that will likely be the extent of my Star Wars consumption.

My order of best to worst:
A New Hope
Return Of The Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
Revenge Of The Sith
The Force Awakens
Attack Of The Clones
The Phantom Menace
The Last Jedi

So it took me like a year and a half to eventually do this, but I just finished Episode VIII of Star Wars, just in time for the new one in a couple of weeks.

Have watched them at a rate of about one a week, settled on release order. In hindsight, given I already knew the basic outline and the big twists, I think chronological would have actually been the better way to go.

Overall they were fairly enjoyable, though I don’t think I’ll ever consider myself a massive fan. I only watched the trilogy movies, but after Episode IX I’ll probably watch Rogue One, and then that will likely be the extent of my Star Wars consumption.

My order of best to worst:
A New Hope
Return Of The Jedi
The Empire Strikes Back
Revenge Of The Sith
The Force Awakens
Attack Of The Clones
The Phantom Menace
The Last Jedi
Nice! Hope you enjoyed them.

I'd say that's pretty much on par with your typical Star Wars fan, though interesting that Empire Strikes Back is third as I hear from many it's the best.
Personally I'm a bit left-of-field as my favourite is Revenge of the Sith, followed closely by Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope. Don't know why, maybe it was the very first Star Wars I saw or something but it just sticks out to me as a satisfying movie overall. Way more in to the Clone Wars era too than Galactic Civil War.

I'd say that's pretty much on par with your typical Star Wars fan, though interesting that Empire Strikes Back is third as I hear from many it's the best.

My wife is a big fan of the series, so she was the main catalyst for me giving them a go. Empire is her favourite, so I’m not sure if maybe I went into it expecting something more, because she’s often raved about it. Its not that it was bad, but I just enjoyed the other two more. The original trilogy are all pretty close and all much better than any others.

Don't like Star Wars.

I never did either, but I thought I should give them a chance. It was worth watching them, but I won’t be going out of my way to watch them again in the future, outside of maybe the original trilogy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure, what time and place? :p
tenor.gif

Speaking about Star Wars and relating it to Graphic design... one of my first designs was for that Fantasy Football comp which I don't think got off but I can't remember.
The team I was going with was the Kamino Clones.
View attachment 790836

Would be cool to do a portfolio for each of these teams.

Just a reminder that ATAR's are not the be all and end all kids! Went to uni with 90+ (TER's at the time) students who are still working in coffee shops.
Certainly right there. Really only represents the culmination of a single years' worth of study and I know so many people who worked so much harder than me and got screwed over.
Honest, for some SACs I'd spend the night before designing as opposed to studying and ended up with a pretty good result considering.

Will be able to get in to Biomedical Science which is what I've wanted to get in to since Year 10, but no matter what I got I'm sure it'd have worked out and I could've hustled to get in the same, if not, better position a few years later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back