Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Whats the 425 other things above "Republic Vote" on the list?
Just curious?

At least one of them is bringing back the bars.

Anybody else annoyed by Carlton’s continued use of Nike’s Futura Condensed? The font has been associated with Nike ever since the Nike and swoosh lockup logo.

strong yes

Anybody else annoyed by Carlton’s continued use of Nike’s Futura Condensed? The font has been associated with Nike ever since the Nike and swoosh lockup logo.

It's lazy more than anything, means they don't have to redo all their branding. But if I was Nike I'd be pretty ticked off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Came across this woolen jumper on footy fan direct featuring a Spicers Paper logo with the VFL patch. Never seen this before so this is quite cool, if I didn't already have a long sleeve wooly I would consider copping one of these.

View attachment 902635

still waiting on them to release the 1987 OG.

Came across this woolen jumper on footy fan direct featuring a Spicers Paper logo with the VFL patch. Never seen this before so this is quite cool, if I didn't already have a long sleeve wooly I would consider copping one of these.

View attachment 902635

Carlton have done something similar, there's a VFL version with the Avco Finance logo, and an AFL version with the old Hyundai logo (short and long sleeves, the long sleeve merino wool jumpers look awesome so I thought I'd share the picture of the long sleeves)

E9F770D0-A17B-B4B1-BD19EEE25AF57D92FE1650S-FOF-AVCO-LS-JUMPERresized__91669.1579562628.png
A143C1A1-E7CE-C93D-81B58D6FBBC80CADFE1718S-MENS-CARL1995-HYUNDAI-LS-GUERNSEY__91816.1579562775.jpg

Would love a Cats jumper in a similar style: merino wool, collar, VFL/old AFL logo, and the 82-92 Ford logo (the Blue Oval in the white box). The style available at the moment is pretty cool with the old shield logo though. I've been thinking about picking up one for ages

him-1025447gc_1_1.jpg

Carlton have done something similar, there's a VFL version with the Avco Finance logo, and an AFL version with the old Hyundai logo (short and long sleeves, the long sleeve merino wool jumpers look awesome so I thought I'd share the picture of the long sleeves)

E9F770D0-A17B-B4B1-BD19EEE25AF57D92FE1650S-FOF-AVCO-LS-JUMPERresized__91669.1579562628.png
A143C1A1-E7CE-C93D-81B58D6FBBC80CADFE1718S-MENS-CARL1995-HYUNDAI-LS-GUERNSEY__91816.1579562775.jpg

Would love a Cats jumper in a similar style: merino wool, collar, VFL/old AFL logo, and the 82-92 Ford logo (the Blue Oval in the white box). The style available at the moment is pretty cool with the old shield logo though. I've been thinking about picking up one for ages

him-1025447gc_1_1.jpg
My woolen jumper is probably one of the best jumpers to wear in terms of Game Day gear or just wearing it on a lazy day around the house. Incredibly comfortable (although I would still have a shirt of some kind underneath) and warm. I waited a while before the long sleeve ones were on sale for $150 and copped one and can say it was worth it for that price. Sponsors would be a huge plus for that Geelong one, maybe wait a year or two and they may just add em.

My woolen jumper is probably one of the best jumpers to wear in terms of Game Day gear or just wearing it on a lazy day around the house. Incredibly comfortable (although I would still have a shirt of some kind underneath) and warm. I waited a while before the long sleeve ones were on sale for $150 and copped one and can say it was worth it for that price. Sponsors would be a huge plus for that Geelong one, maybe wait a year or two and they may just add em.
You're selling me on the idea. If they get these back in I might have to buy one:
1593421503679.png

him-1025447gc_1_1.jpg

I picked up a Pies longy merino wool with the old school shield (one of the "fabric of football" repros from a few years ago). They still retail for $250 and some guy on FB was selling it for $90 in my size. I had to jump at it!

I picked up a Pies longy merino wool with the old school shield (one of the "fabric of football" repros from a few years ago). They still retail for $250 and some guy on FB was selling it for $90 in my size. I had to jump at it!

That's a ripping deal, good pick up!

Knowing how cold it can get down at Kardinia Park a long-sleeve merino seems like it would be a good investment. Although I'm fairly certain that I'd manage to spill tomato sauce all over the hoops

Remove this Banner Ad

Back