Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Remove this Banner Ad

Currently working on Illustrator and the left menu has disappeared The top right minimize, restore and close menu gone too. Is anyone else having this problem? How could it be fixed?
View attachment 995827
try pressing F, I accidentally press this all the time and stuff disappears.

Asked how to be a moderator in the first week, picked a fight with Silent Alarm (and lost, obviously) and got mocked for being both a Blues and Crows member. Any questions?

I'm pretty bored, so I tried finding all of these. I'm pretty lazy so I didn't, but I did nail down the original Random Chat thread as a hotspot

Anyone happen to know much about this manufacturer? Never heard of 'Mascot' before, and can't seem to find any other jumpers made by them. Reason I ask is because a bloke selling this claims it's from the 1960's, which I wasn't aware they even made retails like this back then.

Mero possibly you might know?
Screenshot_20201027-203935_Facebook.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone happen to know much about this manufacturer? Never heard of 'Mascot' before, and can't seem to find any other jumpers made by them. Reason I ask is because a bloke selling this claims it's from the 1960's, which I wasn't aware they even made retails like this back then.

Mero possibly you might know?
View attachment 997187
Everyone who made jumpers put a logo of this sort on them.
As for that specific brand, I don't know of them. However, if they were from the 60s, then they're before my time.
However, that doesn't necessarily make this a Collingwood jumper.
I'd look at buttons on the collar, and the stitching on them, the number if it's there, and general wear, which you'd expect from something 50-60 years old.
You'd also need some sort of provenance. How did he come to get it, does he have receipts, that sort of thing.
I would say just based on the Imperial sizing of 42" that it's 70s at the latest, as Australia changed over to the metric system in 1972, and while it took a few years for the old stock of tags to get used up, by the late 70s that would say 100 (as in cm)
The fact that it's Wool& Nylon blend places it in the 1960s to early 70s. By the mid 1970s Acrylic had replaced them as the material of choice.
You'd also have to recognise there were multiple clubs wearing Black & White stripes in this era.
What's the say this is a Collingwood jumper, and not Moonee Valley, Donvale or Scoresby?

Last edited:
Everyone who made jumpers put a logo of this sort on them.
As for that specific brand, I don't know of them. However, if they were from the 60s, then they're before my time.
However, that doesn't necessarily make this a Collingwood jumper.
I'd look at buttons on the collar, and the stitching on them, the number if it's there, and general wear, which you'd expect from something 50-60 years old.
You'd also need some sort of provenance. How did he come to get it, does he have receipts, that sort of thing.
I would say just based on the Imperial sizing of 42" that it's 70s at the latest, as Australia changed over to the metric system in 1972, and while it took a few years for the old stock of tags to get used up, by the late 70s that would say 100 (as in cm)
The fact that it's Wool& Nylon blend places it in the 1960s to early 70s. By the mid 1970s Acrylic had replaced them as the material of choice.
You'd also have to recognise there were multiple clubs wearing Black & White stripes in this era.
What's the say this is a Collingwood jumper, and not Moonee Valley, Donvale or Scoresby?
Here's the full thing, guy only uploaded the front.

Got buttons and collar so that might be a dead giveaway. And good point regarding the Imperial sizing.

This jumper is going pretty cheap (below $50) so I might just take a swing at it.

1603926080391.png

Here's the full thing, guy only uploaded the front.

Got buttons and collar so that might be a dead giveaway. And good point regarding the Imperial sizing.

This jumper is going pretty cheap (below $50) so I might just take a swing at it.

View attachment 997726
Go for it if you like.
I wouldn't be super confident of it being a Collingwood jumper unless he's got an uncle that played for them or a neighbour or something that actually links it to the club.
PS Pin stripes not super obvious there, and the sleeves don't seem to match the body.
Compare with Tuddy in a Collingwood jumper

Attachments

• 1603943078298.png
    1603943078298.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 46
Red Crow this is random as but I've ****ed up and can't find you on FB - can you message me so I can send you a footy jumper thing for your thread

Well $10 and an interesting 1hr drive later, got my hands on it. The bloke didn't follow footy that much, only had bought the jumper when he was a kid and was adamant that it was from 60s - 70s and considering its condition and his age I'd probably take his word for it. I'll try my best to keep it in as good condition as possible.

123386880_2739973642986794_9205014006431258081_n.jpg

123141311_356937145535078_1587282163641060150_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of T20A... may as well get the ball rolling on that one
t20a 05 logo.jpg
For the uninitiated newbies, T20A is a cricket design competition with a focus on the more flashy aspects of cricket uniforms as seen in, you guessed it, Twenty20 Cricket leagues around the world.

Bidding thread will be up in a couple of weeks so I welcome some of our new posters to get involved and start thinking of possible team locations/identities. T20A is a bit of a relaxed comp anyway, just a simple Home and Away kit is all that's needed so would love to see some more numbers this year :thumbsu:

I was thinking a "design the worst jumper ever" comp would be fun.

Your choice, gradients, bad colour schemes, bad collar, bad template, short sleeves, unnecessary pin striping, number box, bad sponsor integration - or all of the above!

We always see the best of the board, let's see of they can be the worst!

Bringing this over from the Comp ideas thread, because it made me think back to the very first jumpers I made that weren't for a real AFL team.

A mate at school and I entered what was then the brand new fantasy football game on the AFL website - AFL Dream Team. It was a totally new concept in this country, and we were both super excited. So what did the budding young jumper enthusiast in me decide to do? Create a uniform for both teams, of course!

My team was called Cassanova's Champs. I had a (different) mate at school give me the ironic nickname Cassanova, him saying it was because I was a ladies' man when in reality I was anything but. I decided to run with it though. My mate's team was Fully Sick FC, this being the early-mid 00's when the term was incredibly popular.

Anyway, I still have these designs on my computer to this day. They've found their way across about six different PCs in that time, but they've survived, being seen by nobody.... until now.

Behold!

Cassanova's Champs Guernsey.png

Fully Sick F.C.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back