Discussion Random Chat Megathread Mk II

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
Bringing this over from the Comp ideas thread, because it made me think back to the very first jumpers I made that weren't for a real AFL team.

A mate at school and I entered what was then the brand new fantasy football game on the AFL website - AFL Dream Team. It was a totally new concept in this country, and we were both super excited. So what did the budding young jumper enthusiast in me decide to do? Create a uniform for both teams, of course!

My team was called Cassanova's Champs. I had a (different) mate at school give me the ironic nickname Cassanova, him saying it was because I was a ladies' man when in reality I was anything but. I decided to run with it though. My mate's team was Fully Sick FC, this being the early-mid 00's when the term was incredibly popular.

Anyway, I still have these designs on my computer to this day. They've found their way across about six different PCs in that time, but they've survived, being seen by nobody.... until now.

Behold!

A little disappointed Crazy John's aren't sponsors.

Me and my mates have been ironically talking like eshays but I think the ironys wearing off and it's quickly becoming part of our permanent vocabulary 🥲🥲
Eshay braaaaaaah.
I've done the same with the word bro cause I have a mate who said it heaps and it was hilarious. I know people who've done the same with the word mate too. A strange phenomenon.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Me and my mates have been ironically talking like eshays but I think the ironys wearing off and it's quickly becoming part of our permanent vocabulary 🥲🥲
That was me when that Shaq ‘I Schleeb’ meme was going around. At first I started butchering words on purpose but now I just do it without even thinking about it and I absolutely hate myself for it.

I was playing among us the other day and I unironically said in chat ‘Schib this round me thinks’ and I wanted to slap myself in the face

Aug 8, 2008
Campbelltown
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal, Macarthur FC
Can't believe that these have not been discussed on the board yet. The NHL and Adidas have release a full 31 team set of Reverse Retro jerseys for their teams. Some absolute beauties in there, so could be better, some shockers, and of course the Islanders doing the Islanders and basically releasing their current design.

cut.jpg

Anaheim Ducks (1995): The unofficially dubbed "Wild Wing" jersey was originally worn in the Ducks' third season and was their initial third jersey. The fan favorite is the only jersey to feature a team's mascot.

Arizona Coyotes (1999): This is a color swap on the desert scene alternate jersey, which was the Coyotes' original third jersey, with purple replacing green. This jersey also includes the lizard shoulder patch.

Boston Bruins (1988, 1990): The Bruins' old white jersey, worn by such legends as Ray Bourque and Cam Neely in the 1988 and 1990 Stanley Cup Finals, has been given a yellow remix with the bear head logo shoulder patch.

cut.jpg

Buffalo Sabres (2000): The original black and red version of this jersey was the Sabres' first alternate and was the final choice among more than 50 design concepts the team considered. The new version flips it to reflect the current royal blue and gold scheme.

Calgary Flames (1998): The jersey featuring the horse head was the Flames' initial third jersey and the first time a Calgary jersey did not showcase the Flaming C as the primary logo. A celebration of Calgary's Western culture, it was the team's home jersey from 2000-03.

Carolina Hurricanes (1979): The design mirrors that of the Hartford Whalers home white jersey during their inaugural season, but has gray as the primary color, tying together the Whalers and Hurricanes color schemes. The jersey also features the vintage whale shoulder patch.

Chicago Blackhawks (1940): This is a variation on the white design worn from 1937-55, when the Blackhawks took the ice in their famous barber pole-striped jerseys.

cut.jpg

Colorado Avalanche (1979): A true mashup of old and new, this design features the Quebec Nordiques igloo logo with fleur-de-lis in Avalanche maroon. The white jersey is a nod to the Northern Nordiques and snowy Rocky Mountains.

Columbus Blue Jackets (2000): This design features the Blue Jackets' original logo on the team's first primarily red jersey.

Dallas Stars (1999): The Reverse Retro is an icy-white take on the jersey the Stars wore when they won the Stanley Cup.

cut.jpg

Detroit Red Wings (1998): Inspired by the jerseys worn when the Red Wings won their ninth Stanley Cup Championship and the Centennial Classic jerseys, this design pairs a white base with gray striping.

Edmonton Oilers (1979): These jerseys are a nod to the Oilers' inaugural NHL season, which was also Wayne Gretzky's first NHL season. The Reverse Retro is the first Oilers jersey to feature an orange yoke on a white base.

Florida Panthers (1996): This is a throwback to the Panthers' appearance in the Stanley Cup Final, including the pointed sleeve stripes and palm tree graphics.

cut.jpg

Los Angeles Kings (1989): The inspiration for this jersey was the season Gretzky became the NHL's all-time leading scorer. The 1990s era logo is featured in the founding LA Kings Forum Blue and Gold colors used in the team's original uniforms in the 1960s and 1970s.

Minnesota Wild (1978): The Wild's current logo gets a new look with the Minnesota North Stars green and gold, and the drop-shadow numbers.

Montreal Canadiens (1976): Arguably one of the greatest NHL teams ever assembled, the 1976-77 Canadiens served as inspiration for this Reverse Retro, which takes the legendary red jersey and flips it blue.

cut.jpg

Nashville Predators (1998): The speed nicks in the numbers, striping and crest borrow from the team's first jersey; the silver sleeve is a new addition.

New Jersey Devils (1982): The Devils' original jersey and others throughout their history have featured green accents, but this is the first time they will be wearing a primarily green jersey. The red signifies the mythical Jersey Devil and the green represents the Pine Barrens in which it was said to live.

New York Islanders (1980): The 1980 season was the start of the Islanders' dynasty and the navy blue color honors legends such as Mike Bossy, Bobby Nystrom, Clark Gillies and Bryan Trottier who wore it.

cut.jpg

New York Rangers (1996): Lady Liberty is back, 24 years after making her first appearance. The original look has been updated with an all blue sleeve but keeps the silver accents and drop shadow numbers.

Ottawa Senators (1992): The jersey the Senators wore in their inaugural season is updated with a red base to reflect the team's recent rebranding.

Philadelphia Flyers (1995): The Flyers drew inspiration from the season in which they won the division title and Eric Lindros won the Hart Trophy as NHL MVP.

cut.jpg

Pittsburgh Penguins (1997): Mario Lemieux won his sixth scoring title during this season, but the biggest cultural impact came from the diagonal lettering jersey he and rapper Snoop Dogg wore in their respective arenas. The Reverse Retro flips the iconic black original to white.

San Jose Sharks (1998): The Sharks' initial third jersey gets a remix with gray taking center stage with teal, black and white accents.

St. Louis Blues (1995): The Blues' red-bottomed road jersey from the mid-1990s is turned upside down for a fresh take on the look worn by Gretzky, Al MacInnis, Grant Fuhr, Chris Pronger and Brett Hull.

cut.jpg

Tampa Bay Lightning (2004): The jerseys the Lightning wore when they won their first Stanley Cup championship in 2004 gets an update with the blue base they wore for their second title in 2020.

Toronto Maple Leafs (1970): The Maple Leafs jersey straddles two seasons with the logo from their 1969-70 jersey and the striping from their 1970-71 jersey. The gray is a nod to the silver that was featured in the Maple Leafs' Centennial Classic jersey in 2017.

Vancouver Canucks (2001): The original alternate jersey was red and blue, and this Reverse Retro reflects the team's current Pacific Northwest colorway.

cut.jpg

Vegas Golden Knights (1995): Rather than draw from the team's short history in the NHL, the Golden Knights paid homage to pro hockey franchises that preceded them and paved the way for their existence. Among their inspirations are Manon Rheaume, the first woman to play in the NHL, who wore similar striping as a member of the Las Vegas Thunder of the International Hockey League.

Washington Capitals (1997): The blue, black and bronze throwbacks reminiscent of Peter Bondra, Olie Kolzig and Calle Johansson get an update with the patriotic red, white and blue of the 2018 Stanley Champions.

Winnipeg Jets (1979): The Jets wore similar jerseys in their first season in the NHL. The Reverse Retro takes the look worn by Dale Hawerchuk and gives it a twist combining the heritage plane crest and "Winnipeg" lettering with the updated Jets colors.

Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks, Southampton FC
Can't believe that these have not been discussed on the board yet. The NHL and Adidas have release a full 31 team set of Reverse Retro jerseys for their teams. Some absolute beauties in there, so could be better, some shockers, and of course the Islanders doing the Islanders and basically releasing their current design.

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

cut.jpg
Minnesota x Subway

On Pixel 2 XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

So I've got a bit of news. Another footy jumper aficionado is on the way. Red Crow junior, arriving in May.

Congratulations, my dude! 🎉

So I've got a bit of news. Another footy jumper aficionado is on the way. Red Crow junior, arriving in May.
Eh eh eh way to get Midge pregnant

YES! Thank you! It was right there in my mind but I just couldn’t put the pieces together :drunk:
You need some Simpsons I'm here for you

Back